Blue VW steering badge on Polo 9n, Rare?!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
JamieG172
Bronze Member

Re: Blue VW steering badge on Polo 9n, Rare?!

Post by JamieG172 »

Agreed, 4 spoke wheel looks dated, and you can get the three-spokes wheels off 9n3's pretty easily for not too much money - but be warned the airbag is a different shape so you will need a new airbag too - and these can set you back a fair bit, otherwise it would have been one of the first things I'd have changed!

Ash - My seats in my 52 plate 3 door 9n don't slide either - I wish they did!! :(
Ladiesman_317
Bronze Member

Post by Ladiesman_317 »

Jamie, you sure they dont slide? reason why im asking is cause mines a 52 plate, and they do slide but its a mission and a half to get them to do so! sometimes they work, sometimes they wont budge. weird.
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

JamieG172 wrote: Ash - My seats in my 52 plate 3 door 9n don't slide either - I wish they did!! :(
See, I thought this couldn't be possible, but it seems VW are a bit weird. Folding but not sliding seems like a really...well, stupid design!
6N-Toby wrote:
all 9ns have the centre sunvisor in front of the interior light.
My mates does not have this, instead he has black dots on windscreen!
I was wrong (again :mrgreen: ). Mine has it, and my friends poverty spec 9n3 has the dots. I just presumed all 9ns have them. Maybe it depends on the trim level?
Ladiesman_317 wrote:Ash, i stumbled across this cheap JOM upper strut on ebay for £38, but it says its for a 1.2, do you reckon it will fit? and is there any point in buying it for a 1.4? lol... seems pretty pointless to me as im on stock arb and suspension, but i have the itch to spend money for no reason lol.
1.4 TDI? I bought a JOM strut brace a couple of years ago, but it didn't look like it would fit due to the vacuum block on top of the OSF strut. Maybe I should have actually tried fitting it instead of returning it :lol: I know the Seat Sport Ibiza Mk4 ones definitely fit.

I've feel strut braces don't do much for handling. A 170bhp Mk4 Ibiza TDI I helped build didn't seem to benefit much. They look pretty though!

Ash :)
Ladiesman_317
Bronze Member

Post by Ladiesman_317 »

Ash, your like a VW Haynes manual.
6N-Toby
New

Post by 6N-Toby »

So have we come to some sort of conclusion, that VW are "weird" and that they pretty much do different things as when the please lol

Another thing is rear badges, cause just i cant get my head round it. Different amount of red letters, Different styles!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

For 9ns, generally speaking
TDI = 1.4
TDI = 1.9

That's the rule of thumb, but not definitive. I've seen a couple 1.4s badged as TDI from the factory and some of them just have all three letters in silver. Depends whether whoever was in charge of badging them turned up drunk or not I suppose :lol:

Ash :)