£400 for shocks and spring/coil overs?

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
djseant
New

Post by djseant »

Just seeing people's opinions on these as I know cheap coilovers tend to be a bit crap so what good springs and shocks combos are yous running or is there a decent set of coilovers out there? I could possibly save a bit more. Cheers.

Sorry I'll be fitting them so no worried bout fitting costs cheers.
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Really depends what your trying to achieve. Lowness or handling. Slamming it on the deck doesn't mean it will handle like a dream. Brands such as FK and KW are good. Best to post in your specific car area and ask what others are running.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Re: £400 for shocks and spring/coil overs?

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

My opinion is that it depends how many miles a year you drive and whether you want to do track days or not.

I've had £250 German eBay coilovers on my car for about 4 years and they're fine (although I'm not sure I'd want to attempt to adjust them now). But I've probably only done 30k miles in that time. If you do 20k a year, or want to do track days, you should probably spend a bit more :-)

I had expensive H&R coilovers on my Polo GTi and Fabia vRS, and these cheapo ones ride very similarly.
djseant
New

Re: £400 for shocks and spring/coil overs?

Post by djseant »

Cheers for the responses, I'm after better handling more than anything and a slight drop as polos look way too high in my opinion. Not into it being too low, use to have a civic slammed on shocks and springs (koni) handled amazing but was just a bit too low for speed bumps ect lol. Need a good compromise. tbh, mileage wise very little as gonna be a project car so wont be doing much driving till summer probs bout 8k a year max.

Cheers, Sean