Polo 6n2 rear speakers

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Behemia
New

Polo 6n2 rear speakers

Post by Behemia »

Hi, I'm interested in putting rear speakers in my 1.0 6n2 but obviously don't have the bracket/plates for them.
I may have found some replacements on a few sites but not sure if they will fit or not

So my question is, can anyone with a gti/se/tdi 3 door please post a pic of rear with door cards removed so I can see what the brackets look like?

Cheers, Seb.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Re: Polo 6n2 rear speakers

Post by TriggerFish »

I don't have any pictures and I'm not removing the door cards (horrid job!), but if you've got a picture of the parts I can let you know if they look half right or not. . .

Edit, scrap that:

Just about see them there. (My rear washer leaked if you're wondering - that was to dry the carpet/underlay :( )
Behemia
New

Post by Behemia »

Cheers mate, I didnt expect anyone to take their car apart of course haha, i just know a lot of people take their cars apart on here :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400300522458? ... _597wt_789

This is why i need to know, it says theyre for 6n2 etc but im not sure if its for 5 or 3 door rears, I'm not even sure that they are different, but I would rather not risk it anyway :P

Thanks, Seb
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

I don't want to take it out again, that's for sure!

Those eBay ones don't look right for a 3 door - they don't go back far enough to the wheel arch.

If I were you, I'd go a scrapy if you've one local, might be able to get the speakers/wiring at the same time too. :)
Behemia
New

Post by Behemia »

Okay might have to make a trip then, I only want the plates as I'm putting some vibe coax speakers in anyway which'll be amped out of the boot :)

Thanks again :)
Seb