Letter from VW

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
GANA
New

Post by GANA »

I want a letter too. Please send me one :( :(
I had a new clucth cable last week, noises stopped and the pedal now requires less effort but sometimes first gear is very hard to put. Clutch change should be next?
Blk6N
New

Post by Blk6N »

Got a letter this morning :)

The work has already been carried out and to be honest the clutch operation is still s**t!!! This was about 2 months ago!

To sort the problem properly IMHO they would need new clutches putting in too.

I'm ringing Milton Keynes :twisted:

:P
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

if ne1 wants to see a copy of the letter pm me or something with your email and I can send u a scan, sure you'll all get your own copies through soon though :)
morrismen
Silver Member

My dealer has replaced a few

Post by morrismen »

Seems, the clutch cable and pedal box are favourites for replacement at the moment, probably cos we all raised it here in the forum. And, my dealer has been replacing pedal boxes that broke when replacing the clutch cable!!! So, perhaps it filtered back to VW that way too. I haven't received a letter yet though. Hmmm, think I'll be contacting my dealer.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Hurrah! My letter turned up this morning (or should I say this afternoon?) in t' post :D we should all have them by the end of the week hopefully! Fantastic.
st33ly
New

Post by st33ly »

This is great!

Could someone post a copy on the site as i get mine in a few weeks. 01 Y plate 25k miles and i think it;s going to have this problem to to see a copy of the letter would be great!

Cheers
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Can I also now add, after just this minute getting off the phone to my local dealer, that they appear to know 'nout about it?! :? I'm off up there after work with my letter and my car, and the chap I spoke to said, and I quote: "we'll have a look at the letter and see if any parts need to be ordered, if any, and get it booked in for you". Oo-er.
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

:roll:
morrismen
Silver Member

emailed

Post by morrismen »

All the VW dealers have been emailed by VW. The important bit is the ref on the letter you have, specifically this bit - VGS/PD/GTM/30C1. I called my dealer today and they checked the recall out and said they have a new email today about it. They need to check the details of what parts to order and I await a call from them this afternoon to get a date for the recall details to be fixed. Yippee! :D
morrismen
Silver Member

For real

Post by morrismen »

Yep, it all checks out for my car too. There are 3500 Polos in the UK due for recall according to the VW dealers official email from VW.

There are various parts to replace, but not the whole pedal box - seems to be only the clutch part of the pedal box and it's bolts and fixings, and the brake switch.

Seems VW have decided to strengthen the pedal box assembly as the pedal box collapses in some instances from clutch pedal pressure causing it to fatigue.

I'll be getting mine fixed soon too :P
live2themaxuk
Bronze Member

Post by live2themaxuk »

Surely they should be fixing what is casuing the clutch to get so heavy rather than just reinforcing the pedal box. If that is strengthen surely it will just casue summink else to break instead?
dubpolo
Sponsor

Imports

Post by dubpolo »

Great news for imports!!!! I saw my dealer today and I’m booked in on Wednesday :D :D So if you got your GTI from Ireland good news! But not all are being recalled :evil: , he had a list of chaise numbers that where accepted. :x
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

i didn't have a letter!! just go in and be nice!!!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

dubpolo wrote:i didn't have a letter!! just go in and be nice!!!
For those of you who haven't got the letter, heres the transcript:

REGISTRATION NO. W******
CHASSIS NO. ********** ******
SAFETY ACTION – VOLKSWAGEN POLO GTi
FOOT PEDAL SUPPORT

Dear Sir or Madam

The constant monitoring by Volkswagen AG of the production process and vehicles in service has established that on Polo GTi vehicles foot pedal supports have been fitted on which a fracture can occur in the area of the clutch pedal attachment. This affects the function of the clutch operation. In some cases gears cannot be changed any more.

For safety reasons, please arrange an appointment to have your vehicle examined by a Volkswagen retailer, taking this letter with you. The retailer will replace the foot pedal support. This work will be carried out without charge and take about two hours.

This request is made under the terms of the Code of Practice on Vehicle Safety Defects. The Code is monitored by the Department of Transport.

If you have any queries with this action please contact your Volkswagen retailer or telephone the campaign helpline 01908 601243. We apologise for any inconvenience that this cause and thank you for your co-operation in this important matter.

Yours faithfully,

Huw David Product Campaign Manager

HTH for those of you without one!
PoloGTi
Silver Member

Post by PoloGTi »

4paws wrote:what about the people who have already had to pay for this repair :? ?
I rang them up and told them I had it repaired at cost 2 months ago and they told me to take my invoices to VW and they will re-imberse (sp?) them.

I needed the money this month aswell.