OEM head unit upgrade options

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
rover220
Gold Member

Re: OEM head unit upgrade options

Post by rover220 »

shadowfnx wrote:Right, that sounds ideal. I've purchased the CTSVW002 which will hopefully do the trick. Cheers!
The free option would have been to spur off the fag lighter power. That's how mine is and you'd never know.
shadowfnx
Getting There!

Post by shadowfnx »

rover220 wrote:The free option would have been to spur off the fag lighter power. That's how mine is and you'd never know.
Call me lazy... :mrgreen:
shadowfnx
Getting There!

Post by shadowfnx »

Quick update for anyone considering using an adaptor: The CTSVW002 I tried didn't work for me (no power), however I've been told the CTSVW003 should do the trick. You could also use the CTCVW01 in conjunction with a harness, although that would add a lot of bulk in terms of additional wiring.

I ended up leaving it as it is so that I can operate the head unit with the engine off.
rg44
New

Post by rg44 »

Hi Guys,

I want to purchase the W235BT but i know nothing about changing a stock stereo, have not done it before. Found it for 199 at halfords, seems like a perfect choice for my polo 9n3.

I need some advise on how to fit it! do not want to pay halfords 24.99 to do it for me.

Can someone take me step by step how to do it and what exactly i need as a bare minimum to make it work, i've seen some of you guys say about the stereo not turning off and it has to be done manually. Whats the easiest way to get around this.

Generally what do you guys think of the system?? does it make a major improvement to the sounds with stock speakers? I was also considering getting new speakers in .

Any help would be appreciated. PM me or reply to the thread please. Thanks so much
rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

I've already posted what you need to make it work.
It's a five minute job
rg44
New

Post by rg44 »

Hi guys, halfords have quoted me alot to fit this unit.

They have said it may require a fascia, aerial adapter, and harness adapter. they are looking 20 a piece so i may need to pay 60quid! this doesnt sound right? what is essential for the fitting of this unit into my polo. i want to pay them to fit it as i would like them to fit my subwoofer at the same time, but dont want to pay 60quid on top of the installation fee of 29.99 as well as 199 for the unit
rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

You will need an aerial adapter and wiring harness adapter. I paid £5 for both from eBay, sod halfords prices.

Come to me and I'll fit it for you. It's really not hard.
rg44
New

Post by rg44 »

haha thank you geezer you are a legend. i think i will do that actually! halfords are a joke.

do you have any advice of how to fit it, never done this before so i wouldnt even know what to do with a harness adapter, hear it is plug and play and simple.
and what exactly do you need to do to spur it off the fag lighter? do you need any additional equipment or is it just sending a wire from the head unit to it. Not sure what this actually entails!
SamJRogers
New
Drives: Polo 2008 TDI Bluemotion 1.4

Post by SamJRogers »

Hi guys,

just a quick email to thank you all for the info you posted here. I got myself a second hand Alpine unit from Ebay, and the wires you mentioned. I do have the same issue when I try and lock the doors remotely when the unit is on, namely it won't let me until the Alpine is switched off, did anyone get to the bottom of this as far as what worked to solve this?

Thanks again guys, i'll be looking into whether to add rear speakers now, perhaps a bit more time consuming due to the wiring etc, but i'll be checking out the posts here to see my options.