My Polo 9N3 GTI

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
nimmo
New

Re: My Polo 9N3 GTI

Post by nimmo »

Hi, since I last spoke with you, Polo has been to MRC tuning for rolling road stage 2 remap, Result 230bhp and 265 ft lb. (233ps. 360nm) Very pleased with performance. But seem to have similar problem to you. 3500rpm in top, put foot down, power seems to surge up and down. Did you deleat or remove the N249 valve as I think this may be the problem. What colour spring do you have on the divertor valve, I am running a green, but I think I need a yellow.

Best wishes. Justin Nimmo
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

Hi mate,

Mine is Tuned by Davyrox, talk to the Guys @ MRC, they know who he is.
he's also from Belgium, i know him verry good, he works together with MRC and now and then he need to go to MRC also.

we have similar power yes, only i don't know what torque i have.
the N249 and N112 valves are removed, those were one of the problems, and the ignition timing also was a part of the problem.
it's pretty much solved now, he only does it verry verry mild at 3/4th gas, but this will also be sorted in the coming weeks.

do you know how fast youre GTI is?
0-100Km/u, 100 - 200Km/U, topspeed etc..?
maybe 1/4mile?
should be pretty much the same as my GTI i quess.
Happy with the tuning you got from MRC?
who mapped youre car (name of person)
sorry for all the questions, but i like to compare and want to know more about other GTI's :wink:
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

so, time to get this thing out of the dust...

last weekend i competed in a hillclimb time attack.
last year i also did the same hillclimb and my best time back then was 1.06...
so this was my personal goal to beat.
only diffrence was that last year i drove on weared out Dunlop SP Sportmaxx tyres, and now i'm on Yokohama Advan Neova AD08.
so it must have been easy do-able i guess...
only... when i woke up it was raining... when i arrived on location it was even raining harder.
and at the end of the day it reached a climax of rain wich i nearly called a "flood"...
so i knew i could not reach the times i drove last year on a warm sunny day.

you guys currious...:p??
i did the track in 1.07, just 0.2sec behind a Carrera 4s on semi slicks.
i know i could have got 1ste place also because i spinned out at the last time attack of the day (compleet sideways against 65mph, nearly hitting a tree, luck was on my side!!)
but it diddn't mather, i gave everything i got and drove on the limit, so thats the chance you take if you race cars i guess ;)
anyway, i reached to 2nd place overall and we competed with a total of 50 cars, also ex rally cars participated etc...
verry proud of my polo and you will hear more from it... soon ;)

a good update is not good without pics and movie's... so later this day i wil post up some pics and some vids.
a friend made them so he is going to send it over to me first :wink:
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

video's of the Hillclimb are still coming,
my friend finaly uploaded them, he now has to send them to me, later this week they will be on the forum :wink:

got to keep you guys happy...
i did some laps on the famous Nurburgring, and this time i got it on video.
tell me what ya'll think of it :wink:

first lap was pretty good, only a shame the stupid bikes and slower cars were getting in my way.
otherwise i could have gone a bit faster on some parts, but overall a nice lap.
https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=roHMYxkvYLE

this lap was better, less traffic and i got into a fight with a Porsche GT3 :twisted:
PS: i timed this lap from bridge to bridge like they usualy do, got it in 8:55.6 :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=WMVULjYHIMY

hope you guys enjoy'd :wink:
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

Thats awesome mate :) Its bloody quick, surprisingly quick aha. What exhaust are you running?
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

Thx mate :D
i run with full Milltek, non resonated and 200cell sportcat :wink:
nimmo
New

Post by nimmo »

Just seen your ring video with the GT3, fantastic, well done, he never got away from you. Intend to do the ring next year, Have also just fitted Neova AD08's. Did my first track day at Silverstone last month, great fun. Have since fitted Brembo sport drilled discs and Ferodo DS 2500 pads. Also fitted Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts, very good with little extra vibration. Removed SAI and EGR valve, had cam cover painted red. Fitted resister to SAI but cel comes on every few hundred miles. Will have to get it mapped out.
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

small update again...

noticed my gearbox was knocking against my firewall.
so jacked the car up and noticed my silent blocks were ripped apart.
other and better is my motto so i ordered some racing poly bushes from powerflex,
yes racing, wich is hard as rock and anly come in the color black :twisted: :mrgreen:

got them delivered today so fridayevening i'm going over to a friend and we are going to fit them.
guess it will be a bit less comfortable but it will be stiffer around a corner, wich is what i'm after :wink:
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

hi mate, can i just ask can you sum up what performace mods youve done please?
your 240@flywheel is where i want to be but dont quite know how to get there.
cheers :mrgreen:
Instigator
New

Post by Instigator »

you've got PM mate :wink:
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

you are not going to believe this one...

i thought the dog bone was busted because my gearbox knocked against my subframe.
today i looked behind the engine and saw my gearbox was resting on my subframe, like laying on it...
got the dogbone out and saw it was mor than perfect, no cracks at all and looking like new...
sow i took out my battery and the whole plastic to take a look at my gearbox support wich holds the engine in place.
so to give you guys a sketch about what i saw...
everything under battery acid to begin with :evil:
and a ripped engine mount.. really ripped apart!
rubber is intact but the iron piece witch connects the gearbox to the mount where the rubber sits is broke.
so literly, the mound is leaning to one side and the screws wich hold everything in place are still there, it broke the mount in half :shock: :shock:
i'll upload a picture so you understand better what i mean, hard to explain :lol:

best part is, i changed my battery about a year ago because it was done.
but it was because of the screw that was broken and came upwards because the engine leaned to the back, it smashed my battey, wich explains the acid.
you cannot see this because under the batterij is a plastic battery holder.
and the screw hit the batterij just in and open space in the holder, thats why i never saw acid in the batterij holder.
but it's verry clear to see the screw did all this because the mound was broken off and the screw is covered in acid.
really strange and now the last 3 weeks i was starting the hear a knocking noise.
the mount was broken a whole year and i never noticed it, not in dragraces, not on circuit...
never ever thought that this could happen for such a long time and not being noticed :shock:
lucky i noticed it now because it starts nocking, who knew what could happen if it completly broke off :oops:
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

I just recently replaced that mount with a Vibra-Technics one as my original one was looking in very poor condition, and I dont even run big power. Just shows how poor all the rubber bushes and mounts on the Polo are. The Vibra-Technics mount looks a very good piece of kit and the engine feels alot more solid and doesnt seem to move when I start or stop the engine, would highly recomend one.
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

thx, it was on my to do list so i'm def. going to check it :wink:
jonn75
New

Post by jonn75 »

Interesting as i have a knocking from the gearbox and just ordered New dogbone bush :s
Instigator
New

Post by Instigator »

check youre dogbone first, it's easy to remove, about 10min.
but i guess i have a pretty alone standing case.
don't think that this happens alot.
so probably it will be youre dogbone and maybe compared with youre silent blocks.

vw ordered me also a new dogbone but it was the wrong piece.
so they ordered the right one and i'm getting it on monday.
i need the piece that connects the gearbox to the left side engine mount basicly.
it's a metal piece, thats it.
the rubber etc is fine and does not need to be replaced.
but if i do replace it it will be vibratechnics all the way :wink:

upgrade done also.
got my dogbone out and since it is not a full rubber piece,
i filled up the rubber with polyutherane based silicone and made my own Poly-bushing to firm up the dogbone.
i will post pictures of it and i will keep you guys informed about how it worked out when i have driven it.
if it fails or does not work well i will order the one from powerflex, no big deal.
its just i heard so much about filling the stock rubbers up with silicone stuf etc, i have to give it a try :mrgreen:
alot of folks do it in the rally scene if they are on a tight budget.
like i said, pics and info will follow, if it is worth it or not :wink: