Black and Purple Polo GTI

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Re: Black and Purple Polo GTI

Post by Yeahhluke »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:i eagerly watch your thread, i cant physically wait to see the splitter on!!!!

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that :) well I've got lots planned for it, especially in the new year, so watch this space!

And re the splitter, I'm gunna try and get it on for the gti festival on Sunday, a little bit of a change will be good for it
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Post by SA57.DUB »

Cars coming along nicely bud :)

I'll be at GTI festival mate. I'll be doing plenty of runs in my 9n3 GTI so keep an eye out for me :) it's red with gunmetal grey touareg wheels, be half stripped interior with 239bhp :) should surprise a few people lol
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

SA57.DUB wrote:Cars coming along nicely bud :)

I'll be at GTI festival mate. I'll be doing plenty of runs in my 9n3 GTI so keep an eye out for me :) it's red with gunmetal grey touareg wheels, be half stripped interior with 239bhp :) should surprise a few people lol
Nicely done :) I take it your stage two? And is that wheel hp or crank hp? What are your list of mods? :) always interested to see what other peeps have done to their cars...
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

I will do indeed then buddy, looking forward to seeing another 9N3 GTI as there not many nice/modded ones about, wouldnt mind getting on the 1/4mile if i get chance even though im still standart, but i wont be next year :D

I assume it would be 239 at the crank, as it droppes at the wheels doesnt it :?:
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

Yeahhluke wrote: I assume it would be 239 at the crank, as it droppes at the wheels doesnt it :?:
Yeah I assume so too as it does drop. But still, I'm interested to what he has done as mine is nearly stage two...
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Post by SA57.DUB »

Revo stage 2, 4 bar fpr, forge fmic, forge tip, forge 007 DV, milltek turbo back exhaust with sports cat, k&n 57i filter. That's it for engine mods I think :)

Noticed a big difference adding the induction kit rather than a panel filter. I also av the pd160 intake pipe as it sits nicely giving a nice feed to the cone filter.

If u see my car don't be shy to come and chat, be nice to talk about our 9n3 GTI's :)
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Yeah man I will defiantly, I want to get to stage 2 at some point.

I've got a greens panel filter but I'm debating a cone? Have you got the cone in the box set up, or is it just the straight induction kit?
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Post by SA57.DUB »

The 239bhp figure I had, at the crank by the way, was with a k&n 57i kit.

I didn't like the way it fit tho so I changed for the cone in a box setup. Looks better in my eyes and with de-restricting the airbox by removing that silly pipe in there and adding the pd160 intake it seems just as quick. Also I opened up the intake located in front of the pd160 intake. It's all about airflow :)
Last edited by SA57.DUB on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

Awesome :) that's nearly me. I need an exhaust, cone filter and 4 bar :)

I've heard weird things with the cone in a box. Some people have got figures saying that a cone filter can add 10-20 bhp over the box, I don't know what to think :S
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Post by SA57.DUB »

If u want the best bhp figure then go for a open cone filter with a good air feed. I still think with my current cone in a box setup I still av around the 239bhp figure I made with the open cone.

My best 1/4 mile time is 14.2 @ 99mph so and I will find out Sunday how far off that I am.
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

yeah ive heard mixed things too but i think I'm going to give it a try with the pd160 and some sort universal cone sitting in the box, or how would you do the open cone with a good air feed? Or is that the same thing as I've just said :?
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Post by SA57.DUB »

http://www.jabbasport.com/store/index.p ... BIAVRSCONE

This is what I went for. If you av a look through the massive build thread of 9n3turbo's car u will see earlier on during his build he went for this setup but with his own touch, a 90 degree silicone elbow.

The K&N 57i kit comes with a feed and everything but it's all cheaply made.

Personally, I think the cone in the box is defo worth a buy but only if u invest with the pd 160 intake.
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

SA57.DUB wrote:http://www.jabbasport.com/store/index.p ... BIAVRSCONE

This is what I went for. If you av a look through the massive build thread of 9n3turbo's car u will see earlier on during his build he went for this setup but with his own touch, a 90 degree silicone elbow.

The K&N 57i kit comes with a feed and everything but it's all cheaply made.

Personally, I think the cone in the box is defo worth a buy but only if u invest with the pd 160 intake.
Right im definatly gunna give this ago when i get abit of spare cash now, ive always wanted to avoid k&n anyway now as they seem abit to boy-racer i suppose...
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Well sitting in the garage waiting for my new tyres and a service! Well exited :)
StuG89
New

Post by StuG89 »

Really liking this! Can't wait to see the splitter on :D