HID conversion Kit

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Lowthy1989
Getting There!

Re: HID conversion Kit

Post by Lowthy1989 »

No not a 9n3 I haven't but I've had many other cars come towards me with hids. Some were silly I admit but they've more than likely just stuck them in without any consideration towards other road users. Like matey says above me, ive not had anyone flash me. I've been behind the police at night with them and they've been fine with it
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

Worth getting projectors as, aside from the blinding argument, HIDs are designed for projectors. Which clearly means that, regardless of beam pattern, you're going to be losing some of the extra light you just paid for by not fitting them in the correct lights. And they're incredibly annoying if they aren't done right.

I've seen so many complete sheds rolling around that have 'passed an MOT' that I'm not convinced it means anything any more...
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

blazeguarder wrote: I've seen so many complete sheds rolling around that have 'passed an MOT' that I'm not convinced it means anything any more...
I do believe this aswel unfortunately but mine passed at my local tuner who (I know this is just my word but its true) are very professional and I assume wouldn't let some chav lights go through :)
StuG89
New

Post by StuG89 »

I'm not too sure on the specifics of the whole system but is the H7r bulb not meant to be for reflector lights instead of H7 bulbs for projection headlights?
adzpz
Getting There!

Post by adzpz »

Yes - H7R are meant for reflecter headlamps and reduce the glare by sheilding part of the bulb. H7's should only be used in a projector headlamp.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

HID conversion Kit

Post by benmkiv »

Until it burns all the tape off ;)
jem-9n3
Getting There!

Post by jem-9n3 »

i have a 9n3, used them in standard reflectors and was fine, i have gti headlights now and its reduced the glare a little bit but again i've never had anybody flash me.

i use 6000k and were about £80, luckily i didnt pay a penny for them but what im saying is get a decent set not a crappy set from china that is blue. 8000k is too chavy.
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

I didn't realise this was going to be such a touchy subject, the original post was only an inquiry anyway, as I wasn't fully committed to doing it, and still am not to be honest.

If I was to do it though, I wouldn't do it half hearted and use cheap kits, and I wasn't aware that projectors would help either to be honest.

Thanks for all the constructive advise anyway
Polo96CL
Platinum Member

Post by Polo96CL »

I've got 6000k H7R HIDS4U kit with the Reflector lens option on my 9N3 GTi. They are so much brighter and if set up correctly like mine, make driving a lot safer.

Personally I love them, and I wouldn't be without them unless I absolutely had to. My GTi has headlight washers anyway (not that they make any difference!) they just don't have the auto leveling required for MOT. There are always going to be some people out there who take it too far, fitting 12000k to their car without having them leveled correctly etc and yes, technically aftermarket HID kits are illegal and therefore shouldn't be used, but when set up correctly with the right globe, temperature colour and adjustment, I just don't think you can put them in the same class as standard halogen bulbs :)
hartge
Silver Member

Post by hartge »

I thought these were MOT fail unless you had a levelling system/head light washers?

Why dont people stick with 4300k? no stupid clubnight flashy colour and near OEM colour range. :?
S.Kayani
Bronze Member

Post by S.Kayani »

Fitted some 6k ones in my polo, just had them aligned. Will see how they perform later on lol :-)