TROTTA'S Audi TT Quattro sport 240 thread,UPDATED!.*

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: TROTTA'S Civic Type R thread *.!FASTCAR PICTURES UP!.*

Post by Trottagti »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Nice choice with the Mugen Twinloop mate, very subtle but a nice sporty tone.
Apparently it is quite a restrictive system but it depends if your going for big power or just the basics, lovely looking bit of kit either way.
There only restrictive if supercharging or turbo as you need a big bore, this is 2.36" so will see good gains still but without the mental noise lol! Talking 2-4 bhp less over all maybe, il be decating with a toda manifold so il see a huge increase when mapped. I hope anyways.... Tegiwa intake rbs manifold and oversized body il be close to 240 I reckon once k pro'd...!
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Yeah full race Toda header with a Twin loop, carbon airbox, RBC and bigger throttle body will see 240 all day long
Mine made 242 with a sports CAT so yeah with a de-cat you should easily reach 240.

Remember the K100 is £250-300 cheaper than the K Pro and is essentially identical bar data logging, that extra money is better off in your back pocket.
The Mugen Twin Loop is 2.25" ID I think which is the same as my old supersprint system, with the OD being 2.36/37" so it's not too bad at all.

When they mapped mine Paul at TDI North said my B-Pipe was too restrictive and the Sports CAT was killing the torque.
Replaced the B-Pipe with a Spoon one and I now have a De-cat awaiting fitment so with those changes it would probably see 246/247 bhp and 170+ Ft lbs instead of 163.

Big gains for N/A though, that K20 engine has so much potential 8)
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah that sounds about writ, 2.3 or summin but yeah toda header with Decat will do me, just want abit of noise again ha...!

240 is what I'm looking for so hopefully that's it until dc5 cams if I want to stetch out. Do love the k20, one of the eat engines ever mad!

Cheers for the k100 info what price are they then??? Il put that to the rbc and port matching body....
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Well iv got my foglight ducts and there really cool, nice and custom. Little unique feature I feel,

Pics,

Can't wait to fit them up..!
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Trottagti wrote:Yeah that sounds about writ, 2.3 or summin but yeah toda header with Decat will do me, just want abit of noise again ha...!

240 is what I'm looking for so hopefully that's it until dc5 cams if I want to stetch out. Do love the k20, one of the eat engines ever mad!

Cheers for the k100 info what price are they then??? Il put that to the rbc and port matching body....
No worries mate :)
K100 is about £800 supplied, fitted and mapped compared to the K Pro which is £1100 these days.
I was always banging on about K Pro but after speaking to TDI North they just said you dont actually need the K Pro, the K100 is just as good and £300 cheaper.
The only advantage with the K Pro is the map can be tweaked easier due to it being a full ECU and you can also data log but tbh that's not something I needed.

Those ducts look class mate, did you get them off CTRO yeah?
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah il deffo be getting that then bud cheers.

Yeah they are of there, I fort it would mean up the front aswell as me getting a mugen front grill and bonnet... Iv just this second painted them a better quality gloss black as they were gloss plastic finish not paint so a nice BMW super gloss black will do.

Will fit them tommorow...

You know how the front splitter pops off? Take it it's simply clips and bolts?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Seen the pics on facebook and CTRO mate they look great fitted 8)
Did you get the splitter off in the end?

Not sure how it pops off, I keep catching mine on speedbumps :)
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Well I haven't updated this in a while, I received my mugen twin loop exhaust and it lovely. Only got to patch up a common scraping area and it can go on. Can't wait.

Also fitted up my intake ducts, grill fitted behind.

Oh and I put some new oem pedals on as mine had worn through lol....
6N2 GTI 00

Re: TROTTA'S Civic Type R thread *.!CIVIC UPDATE, MUGEN!.*

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Exhaust looks good mate 8) nice choice with the Twinloop, should sound very nice when fitted

Liking the scoops too. might get a set for mine at some point because the fog light blanks look pretty boring

I guess you will be after an induction kit next then mate?
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah a tegiwa m but i think my clutch needs doing and a service so it can wait ha..!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Well today was the big 75k service as mine is coming up to 74000 I thought I'd get it fresh before winter. Everything exept valve clearence checks as we ran out time and couldn't be bothered ha.....

So engine oil, gearbox oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel tank filter inside the tank, tegiwa solid shifter bushes, and I fitted my mugen twin loop cat back. The baffles in the b pipe are loose but my mate said it would be ok but will become louder over time. But it's quiet now so it should get louder...

Feels very nice to drive now like a lot fresher......

Pics of a few bits....

B pipe scrape replaced and welded in.

wasn't feeling the mugen style pedals so removed them as I think it's overkill after fitting them.

Purchased.
1.tegiwa m carbon intake and hoses all black to go with it.
2.tegiwa battery tie bar and fitting kit, gold.
3.mikalor boost clamps as I hate jubilee clips. On intake pipes with overly long tangs.
4.scuttle tidy up panel (dent remover) will fit all that lot once I receive the insert panel.

Iv also been in talks with a few carbon fibre company's about making a set of arc copy splitter/winglets so iv mocked up a card copy of what I want and il now make it out off aluminium so they can have something to mould around. I sprayed the card black to give an idea, think carbon fibre will work well.

What you think?

I may have a few sets made up and sell them on forums such as this one and others but not loads as to keep them special still.

Would you lot be interested in these? As arc don't do carbon ones or even make these anymore.... In either carbon or aluminium?
6N2 GTI 00

Re: TROTTA'S Civic Type R thread *.!CIVIC UPDATE, Service et

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Nice work Craig 8)

Top Job on the Twinloop repair, b-pipe and backbox look brand new after the repair :) stunning looking system

How do you rate the shifter bushes then fella? Thinking of doing that next too along with a short shifter.
Nice job on the winglets too, hopefully you can sell a few sets on CTRO :) they will look dead smart if you can get them done in Carbon or even carbon dipped

Tegiwa Intake :mrgreen: you will love it!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Bushes will change your life mate, my changes are still notchy but 100% better. Well worth doing. Bloody fiddly job but just do it mate... Won't regret it.

Haven't got the short shifter but I dunno if I should get one or not.....

Yeah I want to give the civic scene something of the trotter magic hehe........!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Nice one mate I will have to get myself a set ordered 8) my Tegiwa M seems to come off more than a whores draws lol ahwell i'm sure it will be worth it

Heard nothing but good things about the short shifters but never got round to ordering one, I think they are about £65-70 so cheapish but they are supposed to be awkward to fit.

Civic seen is quite similar to the dub scene in fairness, especially if you look at the older Honda's like the EK6, EK4, EK9 Civics and then the DC2 Integra's etc.
Only major difference is the tuning scene which is a lot bigger, I like that though because there is so many different parts available :)