Proud new GTi owner

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nonamecc79
New

Proud new GTi owner

Post by nonamecc79 »

Hi peepz,

Bought my 2010 GTi from citygate south Ruislip 3 weeks ago with 12k miles clock for 13,990.
So far I'm absolutely loving it but I would like some advice on running the car.
My previous car was an RX8 which required a lot of attention and I'd like to know if its the same with this?

At the moment I've switched out the RCD 310 for a Pioneer AVIC-F940BT with a boss 2500w amp and vibe 15" sub
I've also done a stage 1 custom Revo remap running at 217BHP and 296nm torque

Any advice and recommendations are welcome :)
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Re: Proud new GTi owner

Post by Wolfi »

Welcome to the forum! Theres no need to worry about running the polo mate -they are just normal cars really!
btw, what colour is it?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Welcome to the forum! Get some some pics up! 8)
Joe9n3
Bronze Member

Post by Joe9n3 »

just play close attention to how much oil you are using! some GTI's use alot but most are okay :)
217 from stage 1 is awesome!! what other mods have you done or got lined up?
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Oil is the only real 'problem' but coming from an RX8 I would say they both use around the same amount :)
nonamecc79
New

Post by nonamecc79 »

Yeh i figured oil would be a problem because of the forced induction, still beats the mazda tho!!!

So far i'm happy with the way it is but i may slap some r32 alloys on and some bigger brakes.

I'll stick some pics up when i get home today (at work at the moment) :)
Last edited by nonamecc79 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phill_11
New

Post by phill_11 »

Crickey, that is a superb power output for a 1.4. Real world driving, does it feel a lot better, pickup smoother, fuel consumption any worse?
nonamecc79
New

Post by nonamecc79 »

Loool that's good to know, my mazda was driving me crazy!! I only used to get 13-14mpg where as the polo easily pulls 35-45mpg in town. Its in pearl black.

At the moment its just the remap but im looking to fit a miltek turbo back exhaust and forge intercooler ready for a stage 2 remap.
In terms of looks I like the way it is but may possibly fit some r32 alloys and lower it 20mm.

I've already been through 1.5 litres of oil since I've got it but I have done around 1500 miles so I suppose its acceptable

Since getting it remapped I have noticed a LOT more low down torque which helps when overtaking although it feels a bit weird in town. I have had a few red light races with my mates and it just amazes that a polo is capable of delivering such raw performance!! Against an e92 m3 it managed to stick with it till about 110mph which is where the twin turbo bimmer stared to edge ahead. It definitely feels smoother when accelerating but at the same time its still shocking as the power delivery is "unexpected". I highly recommend a stage 1 remap and just for the record, I got mine done at Russell Automotive Centre in Kingsbury. As of yet I haven't been able to test the mpg for VERY obvious reasons :P but on the standard map I managed to hit 53.4mpg combined.

I shall upload pics in the next post!!
nonamecc79
New

Post by nonamecc79 »

The first picture was taken on the first day I got it in Waitrose south harrow car park

My rx8 and polo sitting side by side. The polo is missing the GTi badge because it was stolen from the dealership before I picked it up :cry:

This was taken in Sainsbury's south Ruislip car park next to my colleagues "gti" ;)

Mine and my older brother's 735i

Pioneer headunit

Sub and amp

Night time shot with tinted windows (100% rear, 65% front)

hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Nice one. I bought my black 5 door gti from them, my local. I'd not seen a gti until the day I went to pick it up and saw one out front. I thought it was mine for a moment. It now turns out it was yours. You knocked a fair amount off the sticker price, well done.

I'm a little dissapointed that mine is no longer going to be unique in the area, so if you'd kindly post on here where you're planning on driving in advance, I can ensure I'm not going to be close and will be able to give you the green light to go.

:mrgreen:
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

I've already been through 1.5 litres of oil since I've got it but I have done around 1500 miles so I suppose its acceptable]
Mate - that is not acceptable. 1.5 litres in 1,500 miles is way to much. I see yours is 60 reg so should be in warranty still, it probably still needs a breather pipe mod. How many miles has the car done? Have you seen any puffs of smoke on acceleration?

Ours is also 60 reg and we eventually needed a replacement engine. Just wanted to warn you while the warranty is still there. Sorry to put a dampener on this thread but I would suggest that the consumption needs to be monitored.
nonamecc79
New

Post by nonamecc79 »

LOOL I've only ever seen 2 Polo 6r GTi's since they were released!! I work in Sainsbury's south Ruislip so just avoid going there mate ;)
skipster wrote:
I've already been through 1.5 litres of oil since I've got it but I have done around 1500 miles so I suppose its acceptable]
Mate - that is not acceptable. 1.5 litres in 1,500 miles is way to much. I see yours is 60 reg so should be in warranty still, it probably still needs a breather pipe mod. How many miles has the car done? Have you seen any puffs of smoke on acceleration?

Ours is also 60 reg and we eventually needed a replacement engine. Just wanted to warn you while the warranty is still there. Sorry to put a dampener on this thread but I would suggest that the consumption needs to be monitored.
Wow really?? Spoke to the dealership the other day and they told me it will use a litre every 700 miles :S I've had them take a look at the car for any leaks or problems and they haven't found a thing. Does that sound right??
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

nonamecc79 wrote:LOOL I've only ever seen 2 Polo 6r GTi's since they were released!! I work in Sainsbury's south Ruislip so just avoid going there mate ;)
It had to happen, Parked 4 cars down yesterday :D

Smart looking car and good to have a chat with you about the Git's older brother. I was half convinced that people on forums were not real. :mrgreen:
I like the interior lighting and the few bits & bobs you've changed. PM me, or search out my thread if you want the links to the Shark fin & foot rest I fitted.
nonamecc79
New

Post by nonamecc79 »

Haaa, was dreading the day another Polo GTI pulled into sainsburys xD Love the wheels on your 13' plate!! I've got the GTI footrest on order so it should arrive soon. You should definitely try and retrofit a MFSW mate; makes it so much easier to scroll through the MFD and stereo