Callums project(s)

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
callumcull
New

Callums project(s)

Post by callumcull »

I figured I'd join a polo forum as I'll need some ideas.

I'm more of a pug guy, I had a polo 6n 1.4 8V years ago, then this happened

After that, I was rocking about in my brothers 16v 6n for a week or so whilst I searched for a new car.

I then came across a Peugeot 306 HDi

I very quickly got bored of the wheels, and the power, so then decided go stage 1 map. This went from 90bhp to 125bhp, and silly amounts of torque. New injectors, clutch, big shiny intercooler, high boost, decat and stage 2 map later, it was pushing just over 155bhp and 290ft/lb torque. So so epic, I loved this car so bad.

Then, I decided I wanted a GTi-6 as well as the HDi. Cant beat the sound of a 6 when ragging it.
So here is my 306 GTi-6, 2L 16v 167bhp :D

I sold the HDi, and got a shed to use as a daily whilst I take the 6 off the road, and fix it. It needs new drive shafts, clutch, hubs, discs, centre muffler or straight pipe, still not sure which one yet, and eventually charge it making around 400bhp :shock:

The shed I have is a Polo 6n2 1.4 16V. I feel so embarrased to drive it, it handles so bad etc etc. It feels so underpowered after having the 6 as my daily. Then I figured, why not make the polo quick, enjoy it then fix the GTi.

So, the plan is to fit some coilies, fit my old banded steels and go for a 1.8T conversion. This is how the shed stands just now

The polo should get it's coilies this week, then I can fit the steels.

If anyone has any suggestions to make easy power out of the stock engine other than exhaust/air filter, let me know. I'm not expecting much more out of it, but I know much more about dervs rather than petrol engines.