ABS problem on 6n2 Polo GTI

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
frankoni
New

ABS problem on 6n2 Polo GTI

Post by frankoni »

Hi all, I've just got my Polo GTI on the road ,all is great until I press on the brakes, the abs seems to cut in every other time I press the brakes. I don't have any abs lights on the dash. I've had my gearbox rebuilt so could possibly be a problem with the front sensors....or could this be a problem with the abs module ???? Has anyone else had this problem ??
Cheers
Frank
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: ABS problem on 6n2 Polo GTI

Post by alexperkins »

Need to get the car scanned really. Sounds like a sensor fault, or an ABS module fault.
frankoni
New

Post by frankoni »

Cheers for the reply, when you say get it scanned do you mean take it to a main dealer or will one of those cheap fault code readers do the job ? I don't have the engine management light or ABS light on will this make any difference trying to find a fault ?
frankoni
New

Post by frankoni »

I decided to bite the bullet and buy Vag-com, after scanning no fault codes were found. I tested the wheel sensors while driving and they seem ok, does this mean the ABS pump module needs re-soldering ????
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I dont think the problem you are having is due to the solder joint failing - the ABS wouldnt work at all if this was the case