Joycey gti, NEW UPDATE BEEN A WHILE

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Joycey
Bronze Member

Re: Joycey gti Edition 38 update

Post by Joycey »

Absolutely everyone was going on about getting a black rear view mirror sorted out so that was the next on my to do list, a mate was selling one out of a mk3 golf so i had that, but i didnt like the stalk bit of it and how it sat compared to my old one so i just used the original one and painted it black to match :)
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

next was to get my front pressed plate fitted up, i forgot to take pics of the bracket i made and how i attatched it but this is how it sits now, and you can see the black mirror fitted up aswell or cant see it should i say :)
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

rear LED plate lights that i had meaning to get for ages i got sorted, again i forgot to get a before pic but this is them all done, looks miles better
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

lamin x'd the fornt fogs
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

i spent a bit of time looking for some new wheels, i didnt want to spend a fortune but i wanted something that looked tidy with a nice bit of dish, in the end i settled for some bullet steels 8j all round et20
as soon as they arrived i gave them a good clean, then i polished them with meguiars all metal polish, poorboys sealed them 3 times, and two coats of dodo juice wax and some dodo juice tyromania for the tyres :)
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

i trial fitted the wheels to see how they would sit
the fronts sat a little bit high for my liking but the coilovers that i had were wound right to the bottom so i set about getting some new ones, after speaking to ashcroft he convinced me that the fk ak streets were pretty good for the money and as i didnt want to spend a fortune i oredered a set, again i forgot to take pictures
it was a good job i did change them as the old ones used to creak like mad when i turned the steering wheel and it turned out it was because whoever fitted the previous coilovers had fitted 6n ones instead of 6n2 ones and where i had wound them right done i was riding on the bump stops on the rears, but that prolem is now sorted and i dont advise anyone buying ta techniks coilovers haha
Joycey
Bronze Member

Re: Joycey gti, NEW UPDATE BEEN A WHILE

Post by Joycey »

Most recently i went to ultimate dubs and i decided i need a money tree or something because the level of the cars that were there was amazing, i left there just wanting to spend a fortune, anyway i thought i would upload a couple of pics of polos i found and a real nice lupo
And this is how mine stands at the moment, ive got a few thing planned for her, but not until this horrid weather is gone so i can get out and get things done :D
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Nice bay 8)
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

I just realised the ends of all my pictures have been cut off, gutted, oh well I'm not doing all that again
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

Endi_GTI wrote:Nice bay 8)
Cheers Matthew :)
stefanhenchoz
Getting There!

Post by stefanhenchoz »

Picture number 5 from the show is that an ipad mounted on the dash? Thats pretty cool 8)
furrydice
New

Post by furrydice »

stefanhenchoz wrote:Picture number 5 from the show is that an ipad mounted on the dash? Thats pretty cool 8)
Yeah I saw that too. That's commitment . Cool but a lot of work
Joycey
Bronze Member

Post by Joycey »

stefanhenchoz wrote:Picture number 5 from the show is that an ipad mounted on the dash? Thats pretty cool 8)
Yeh it is, it's the real time display for his speedo, It was pretty awesome :)
Millzee
New

Post by Millzee »

Lookin nice :) just recently got myself a gti an was wondering whats a good et for new rims, seen yours are et20 so that's given me a starting point lol cars lookin lush but I agree with the majority of ppl with the rear lights haha but If you like them then all good :)