Polo BlueGT - time to say goodbye

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Garfy
Bronze Member

Polo BlueGT - time to say goodbye

Post by Garfy »

After 16000 miles and 15 months with my BlueGT I have decided to let it go and go back to a Golf.

I have to say it has been a great little car with super performance and I have averaged 48mpg during this time. Not a single problem during ownership. It is now well run in and surprises other motorists when they see a mere Polo disappear towards the horizon.

Anyone who haas thought about getting one won't be disappointed and if you fancy buying mine you have just over two weeks before it goes to trade. Make me a genuine offer. It is a 5 door manual in blue silk with the following options:-
MF steering wheel
Climate Control
Tinted rear windows
Front arm rest
Winter pack
Auto dimming mirror
Aluminuim pedals
Chrome exhaust
Steel sill protectors

And more.

Garfy
ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Re: Polo BlueGT - time to say goodbye

Post by ubiquitous-j »

Noticed you had a Mk6 Golf GTI before, how would you say they compare? I've considered swapping mine for a BlueGT but can't decide whether I'd get on with a smaller car again now I'm used to the bigger size.
Garfy
Bronze Member

Post by Garfy »

Initially I was a little disappointed with the Polo after the Golf. The issue being more about loss of performance than anything else. Now the car is well run in the performance is noticeably better. I feel that the Blue GT offers a fantastic compromise between performance and excellent running costs. From the driving seat it isn't noticeably smaller.

Spec it right and you won't be disappointed. But my final word is this:-

I am buying a mark7 Golf GTI!
ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Post by ubiquitous-j »

Ha! The MK7 GTI is an amazingly talented all rounder that is a very difficult to beat. I'd like one also - but expensive :D
Garfy
Bronze Member

Post by Garfy »

I am looking forward to getting the mk7. I really did miss the mk6 after it had gone.

I saw my old mk6 about 3 months after selling it and I felt rather fed up that someone else was driving it. Like most people I really did want the new Golf R but not quite within financial reality.
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

Mk7 GTI is a cracking car and raised the game over the 6, have to admit i absolutely adore my 7R which has exceeded expectations and looking forward to the wife's 7R arriving later in the year, Blue GT won't be going anywhere as economy wise and smaller size just great for day to day
Garfy
Bronze Member

Post by Garfy »

Well that's it. Polo (I called him Billy) and I have parted company. I must say it does feel rather prematurely as he was only 17 months old and worked perfectly. It was the first time in many years I had been lucky enough to order a brand new car and indulge in all the options I wanted.

It is now sat in Sinclairs VW Cardiff waiting for its lucky new owner oh will get a fast, economical car with lots of toys to play with. I would love to hear if anyone on the forum knows where it ends up once sold.