New Polo - Issue with Composition Media System

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Satele
New
Drives: 1.0 Polo SE 2014

Post by Satele »

Hi all,

Just bought the new 2014 Polo with Composition Media System. Really happy with it other than a weird issue with bluetooth connection to iPhone. Sometimes, it works, other times it just won't connect at all. When it does work, it's great and the connection is automatic. There is no pattern to it at all and affects both my iPhone 5S and wife's 5C.

When it doesn't work, it just says 'bluetooth disconnected'. Tapping the phone in the source menu gives an unable to connect error. Same when I try to connect from the iPhone.

Anyone had any issues, and any possible solutions?
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Re: New Polo - Issue with Composition Media System

Post by benhowarth6 »

Hello,

I'm currently in a 6C courtesy car while my GTI is being fixed. I have noticed the same issue with mine, trying to turn the bluetooth off and on doesn't work as it doesn't show up in the menu's, however turning it off and on the iPhone seems to fix the issue for me.

Cheers
Ben
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: New Polo - Issue with Composition Media System

Post by lancslad1985 »

I've had this issue with my golf sometimes. Switching the engine on and off at the ignition always seems to fix it. Switching the bluetooth on and off on my iphone works too.
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Post by CrypticG »

I have an SEL 6C with composition media and I have also noticed this. Mine is exactly the same as you describe, sometimes the connection is automatic and flawless, other times it will just not connect. I have had the car since 7th July. I am assuming a software update may fix the issues, especially as it seems to be happening to a few of us.. We will have to keep an eye out for news of a software update or get on to the dealer.
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

I sometimes have issues where the bury kit connects /disconnects / connects just a cycle like that all journey. really annoying. I have a nexus 5 android phone