My 1.2 TSi 6C

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Re: My 1.2 TSi 6C

Post by CrypticG »

nry wrote:Have you sussed out how to control the media playback fully with the steering controls? The manual isn't the best, I expected to be able to change folders etc. but so far I can't quite work out how to do it without using the touchscreen!
no man ive not sussed that out either, do you think its possible? ive been using the screen, but when driving it can be quite difficult
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

ciclo wrote:
CrypticG wrote:Can anyone tell me what the front indicator bulb is on the 6C? I'm looking the change it for a silver coated one. Thanks

Nry - mine is exactly the same as yours, maybe it's like that for now until they bring a software update out, I've had a browse on other forums and that's usually the case - when they bring an update out you just install it off a USB and there will be instructions on how to do it. Probably just a waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WY21W 12 Volt 21 Watt

https://www.google.es/search?q=WY21W&es ... 66&bih=643

For example: http://click-parts.co.uk/files/details.php?id=437 :wink:
thanks ciclo :), is that definitely the correct bulb? When i use powerbulbs or autobulbs and enter my car registration number, it says the bulb is PY21W not WY21W.. :roll:
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

CrypticG wrote:
nry wrote:Have you sussed out how to control the media playback fully with the steering controls? The manual isn't the best, I expected to be able to change folders etc. but so far I can't quite work out how to do it without using the touchscreen!
no man ive not sussed that out either, do you think its possible? ive been using the screen, but when driving it can be quite difficult
I had a good read of the manual...again...I can work out how to move back and forward in tracks within a folder, but so far not how to move to a different folder, but I'm going to have a play this morning in the car. I'm presuming I may need to select the 'Music' option on the info screen between the speedo/rev dials, maybe then the Up/Down buttons on the right steering control buttons will move Up/Down folders...if not it's a bit lacking.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

There seems no way of navigating folders with the steering wheel controls, they only move back/forward tracks - if you select 'Music' on the speedo screen then the up/down buttons just act the same as the back/forward buttons which is a bit silly.

Hopefully VW can sort that bit out, as it would be a much more suitable solution than having to use the screen when driving.
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

yeah i had a play around today - no joy either it mustn't be an option yet, maybe they will bring a software update out!
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

I have pestered them on Facebook to see what they say :)
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

CrypticG wrote:
thanks ciclo :), is that definitely the correct bulb? When i use powerbulbs or autobulbs and enter my car registration number, it says the bulb is PY21W not WY21W.. :roll:
N10724401

ETKA almost never wrong ... disassemble the lamp, seems easy. :lol:
CrypticG
Silver Member

My 1.2 TSi 6C

Post by CrypticG »

Update for you nry - I had a play today and the 'turn off after 10 seconds' feature works fine on mine. When I turn the ignition off it still remembers the setting and continues to turn it off.. Does yours still not remember the setting?

CrypticG
Silver Member

My 1.2 TSi 6C

Post by CrypticG »

ciclo wrote:
CrypticG wrote:
N10724401

ETKA almost never wrong ... disassemble the lamp, seems easy. :lol:
Thanks Ciclo - I took the headlight out today and your correct it is indeed a WY21W :-)

ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Post by ubiquitous-j »

Nice pictures looks really smart :D
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

thanks mate :)
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

CrypticG wrote:Update for you nry - I had a play today and the 'turn off after 10 seconds' feature works fine on mine. When I turn the ignition off it still remembers the setting and continues to turn it off.. Does yours still not remember the setting?

It seems to remember if the ignition is not off for too long, but certainly doesn't remember overnight, rather strange.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

alexperkins wrote:It'll need to be offset. PM me - this thread is getting cluttered lol
Quick update, i ordered LED BAU15S DRL bulbs from ebay, the ones with offset pins, took the foglight cluster apart to fit them....they don't fit. (Broke the new bulbs anyway trying to make them fit - doh)!

The factory fitted DRL bulbs in there currently are not offset, they are dead straight 180 degree pin fitting. Car is BlueGT 6R mid 2014 just pre-facelift.

Back to ebay...!

Looking at these which are straight pins and should fit: http://ebay.eu/XpnRN3
ryan_dicko
New

Post by ryan_dicko »

smurftech wrote:
alexperkins wrote:If it takes the same bulb type, yes
Good question, the manual that came with the BlueGT gives H4 and H7 as possibilities on headlight bulbs, not very specific to my actual car...(although i'm guessing it's H7)

What's the name of the VW software that gives specific details? I'm interested in finding the actual bulb types for all external / internal lights that can be swapped to bright whites / leds.

Or maybe a VW dealer can tell me if I give them my reg number?

So far i've got:

Dipped / main = H7 (possibly)
DRL = T20 (possibly)
Sidelights = 501 (possibly)
Foglights = H8 (possibly)

Internal bulbs = ???
Hi Smurf,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-PO ... 485c314ce7

I recently purchased this kit, as well as 2x extra bulbs, which are the same as the boot bulb for the footwell lights, as they're not included, so I contacted the seller (bit of a pain..) to ask for the extra bulbs, at a cost of £3.50. Great kit, at a decent price too. Although the longer type bulbs were a little short so had to bend the holders inwards slightly to get them to sit tight. Bulbs are ace and really bright. I only have the back seat lights on the 'door open' option, as the front ones are actually a little too bright!

Hope this helps
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »