finally picked up my polo gti!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
tommytse22
Bronze Member
Drives: polo gti

finally picked up my polo gti!

Post by tommytse22 »

soo! at the start wasnt impress with the dealers! they said they will refurb my shadow moza alloys! which they did but the completely wrong colour to plain silver ones so it look boring! but they said they will sort it out! thank god.

so alittle about it. it is a basic 5 doors black polo GTI 2013! coming from a 3 door zetec s 20111 plate.

tbh the zetec s had a more comfortable ride! then the polo and came more as standard! but the polo feels more well built. the speed of the polo is super quick!
but it does not sound loud outside would of thought for it to sound a bit louder on the exhausted.

the trip computer is a bit boring. with the small second speed dial to be in kmh rather then mph ? and i cant seem to change it. the setting is already on mph?
think i must be doing something wrong here.

overall i do actually miss my zetec s and its only the first day on having this car. but maybe it will grow on me :)

is there any one around essex area with a polo gti ? :) and any mods or tip for me for the car? thanks :)
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Re: finally picked up my polo gti!

Post by benhowarth6 »

hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Not in Essex but I can answer a couple of your queries as a black 2013 5dr GTI owner.

The analogue speedo is only marked in MPH so to make it Euro legal the digital has to be in kph. You can get someone to reprogram it to Australian setting to show mph on the digital readout also but its a grey area legally.

I've not done much to min. Added a shark fin ariel - the VW ones get nicked. GTI footrest and wind deflectors on the front. With no rain gullys on the room you'll get a wet arm if it's been raining and you turn a corner.

It will be a bit harder in the suspension than the ford but it'll handle better and wont crash like a more hardcore hot hatch, a good compromise I think. I would lower mine a bit but a slopey drive and dodgy gravel track to my place of work mean I've already bottomed out twice so shouldn't really.

Enjoy it. I've had mine from new and still loving it.
tommytse22
Bronze Member

Post by tommytse22 »

will have pictures soon! with the crap alloys! getting vw to change them soon just waiting for a phone call! also the weathers a bit poo at the moment :(
these so much i want to do to make the car what i want it to be but everything is expensive being a german!
tommytse22
Bronze Member

Post by tommytse22 »

benhowarth6 wrote:Image

ben how is your polo gti ? i heard your having a lot of problem with it ? is it still the same ?
tommytse22
Bronze Member

Post by tommytse22 »

i have no idea how to upload a picture haha
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

tommytse22 wrote:
benhowarth6 wrote:Image

ben how is your polo gti ? i heard your having a lot of problem with it ? is it still the same ?
Mines running absolutely fine now, I did have some issues with traction but after fitting new tyres the issue has gone, it does still rub on the arches on full lock however but VW said they couldn't find any issues.
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

tommytse22 wrote:i have no idea how to upload a picture haha
This thread should help - http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 16&t=59275
tommytse22
Bronze Member

Post by tommytse22 »

here only picture i got since the weather hasnt been good and havnt had time to clean car! :D
tommytse22
Bronze Member

Post by tommytse22 »

sooo the wheeels has finally been done by VW! and here they are i can take pictures of the side of the car without a disappointment on my face :oops:

Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by Tooks »

Lovely wheels mate, better than my Monza's!

I'm going to be fitting my winter set soon, I'll post pics up.
tommytse22
Bronze Member

Post by tommytse22 »

worth the wait! make the car stands out so much more! i really do need to get my self some winter wheels! but its all down to money! :(