Stupid question (Blue GT)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Stupid question (Blue GT)

Post by Norbreck21a »

OK, I know this might seem a bit stupid, as the wife has had her Blue GT for 18 months now, but at the weekend, for the first time, someone went to get in the back of the car, and we noticed that neither the passenger or drivers seat slid forwards when the backrest was pulled forward (3 door car obviously).

Is this the same for other Blue GT's ? Seems a bit strange and it's the first 3 door we have ever had that does this. We have had 2 other Polo's (a 9n3 Sport and a 6R SEL) and both of their front seats slid forwards, just the Blue GT doesn't ?
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Re: Stupid question (Blue GT)

Post by Jamwllms »

Easy Entry seats aren't actually listed on the BlueGT 3 door spec, not sure why these would have been omitted.

Haven't tried them on mine yet, although it sounds likely that I am inconveniently in the same boat. I'll give them a go later and let you know.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

Just as a side note, I saw in the press the other day that VW will probably be offering a 5-door Polo only next time around, as the 3-door is a poor seller.
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

I have a 3 door Blue GT and my seats slide forward when the backrest handle is lifted, admittedly they were very stiff and had to kind of wrestle them forward with a bit of force at the base of the seat.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Ah interesting Joe. May i ask when your was built please ?
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

2014, Its on a 64 plate.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

hmm, wonder if it was a spec change, as the Wife's Blue GT is a July 2013 build ?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

There isn't easy entry on my 3 door BlueGT either. I didn't really giv it any thought until I bought a R WRC interior on ebay and installed it. Because the R WRC does have easy entry. It really is a sweet feature. :)