Lucy's Polo 9n3

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Lucy_9n3
New

Re: Lucy's Polo 9n3

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

J13ERO wrote:did you have to remove the B pillars to have them painted/wrapped or however theyre done?
I got the gloss black ones from the stealers, cost about £60 for the pair which was less than I was expected considering they're sprayed metal rather than plastic

Part code:
6Q3 837 901 G 041
6Q3 837 902 G 041

All you have to do is wind down the window, pull off the seal, unscrew 3 screws and then slide the B pillar out... There's a tutorial on here somwhere I think... Just be sure not to drop the screws into the door else you'll have to pull to door card off :)
Lucy_9n3
New

Update :)

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

Haven't posted for a while cus not much has been going on and been busy trying to go to as many shows as possible.
Since my last post this has happened...
Ran over a pothole and burst my two left tyres, in the process of claiming my money back from the council for shoddy roads. :x please ignore the curbed wheels :oops:
Bought some 35mm H&R lowering springs :P
This is how it looked a day after I (ahem with lots of help from my other half) fitted them:
This is a week after:
Looking fresh after a nice wash :)
Just waiting for some purple exterior badges from china to match my interior lights and sticker and FINALLY getting some wheels at the end of this month after lots of looking around and deliberating. More updates to come as I add more things & I will attempt to take a photo of the interior lights :)
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Looks good nice project
Lucy_9n3
New

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

whitegtipolo wrote:Looks good nice project
Thanks, it's getting there :D
Lucy_9n3
New

UPDATE MAY 2015

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

So it's been a while, got a few plans since UD (btw wtf was that corsa doing INSIDE on a VAG event!???) it's a bit of shed still on the outside, lots of swirl marks and quite a few scratches (NOT caused by me)
Quick breakdown of what I've done since last time:
Purple rear badge and honeycomb grills (I did order a purple front badge but it was the wrong one -_-)
Took out the seats and gave it a proper clean, had to buy a SET from hellfrauds as they couldn't just give me the one 10mm star drive :roll:
Image L
Looking FRESH inside
Added an aftermarket armrest, not a good colour match and slightly wobbley but it'll do :) No photos as of yet tho...
Had a great episode of my fuel filler cap central locking deciding to die just as I ran out of petrol about 30 miles from home :shock: managed to get to VW Birmingham who ripped it open so I could get home and now waiting for a new cap to get delivered to my local VW :roll: FML
Some FOOL has scraped the front of my bumper at work... Although good excuse to get rid and put on a smoothed one :D

Sooo... Plans for this year:
Smoothed bumper, sides and rear bumper
GTI side skirts
Bluemotion front splitter and rear valance

Please reply on here if you have any of these parts going (in good condition), I would much rather buy off someone off here than the stealers.
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 1.9 Tdi Sport

Post by polo1.9TDI SPORT »

HI there,

Welcome back to posting then :)

Car looking good! Love the rear badge with the purple.
How did you do that? Take it off and paint or?

Oh nooo, hope its not too much of a scrape,
Polos smoothed do look ace, I met a bloke in Birmingham with a white polo and smoothed looked epic!

And the broken fuel lock, oh wow that's great timing. :(, i was actually wondering what would happen if that lock broke the other day, I know unfortunately know.

Love to keep an eye on this, looks great!
silver9n3
Getting There!
Drives: 9n3

Post by silver9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:HI there,

Polos smoothed do look ace, I met a bloke in Birmingham with a white polo and smoothed looked epic!

And the broken fuel lock, oh wow that's great timing. :(, i was actually wondering what would happen if that lock broke the other day, I know unfortunately know.

I did my badge like that too, use some fishing line and a saw like action to get the badge off, then cut the plastic type rivets from the back, and seperate the chrome vw from the plastic backing and so as required. Superglue to get them back together.
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

Cool, stuff.

Im gonna get me a black badge, not sure if matt or gloss is best on a red car, your's is matt isn't it?

Did you paint the purple bit on the back section of badge or use stickers?
silver9n3
Getting There!

Post by silver9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:Cool, stuff.

Im gonna get me a black badge, not sure if matt or gloss is best on a red car, your's is matt isn't it?

I blacked mine, didn't see the point in paying for it so bough a spray-able vinyl wrap type aerosol, so I removed the front badge and sprayed it as per normal, and did as I said above with the rear in two separate pieces to get a proper finish, matte black.

If I don't like it, as it's like a vinyl I can easily peel it off!

Looks awesome, here's a couple pics of mine

polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

Looking Good,

where did you get the spray from?

I have heard of it before some where!!

Ill update my pics when I get the badge sorted!
silver9n3
Getting There!

Post by silver9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:Looking Good,

where did you get the spray from?

I have heard of it before some where!!

Ill update my pics when I get the badge sorted!
I used plastidip but I don't rate it that highly,

the can empties quickly and it's extremely expensive too.

I'd use this instead

https://liquidcarwraps.co.uk/shop/aeros ... ck-aerosol

Half the price, same stuff.

Let me know how it goes!
Lucy_9n3
New

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:HI there,

Haha its been a while, this thread is pretty quiet now so it'd be good to see other people posting and what they're up to.
I bought it off eBay, I got a front to match but it wasn't the right size :/ so I may get some aerosol and paint that and my red strip on my grill myself.
Yeah enough to really p me off :x
Ah I know! I can't wait to get it all sorted :)
Yeah apparently its a common fault so be warned, if it does happen to you there is a catch on the inside of the boot underneath the lining. I'd find that rather than snapping the catch like VW did. I'm picking up my new flap today.

Lucy_9n3
New

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

I got matt to match the grills and splitter and valance but I'd quite like to maybe spray them gloss? Not sure if it's been done on a 9n3 but think it might make it look a bit fresher and then I'd swap to gloss badges :) its painted but not by me, could be fairly easy tho, get a can and then mask off the bits you want to spray :)
Lucy_9n3
New

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

silver9n3 wrote:

I blacked mine, didn't see the point in paying for it so bough a spray-able vinyl wrap type aerosol, so I removed the front badge and sprayed it as per normal, and did as I said above with the rear in two separate pieces to get a proper finish, matte black.

If I don't like it, as it's like a vinyl I can easily peel it off!

Looks awesome, here's a couple pics of mine

Looks awesome mate, looking back that would have been the easier option :P
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

I wanted to spray my grills gloss black too as i'm fed up of them going grey, but found that autoglym rubber care(yellow label) brings them back up to black real nice so haven't bothered!

Have found a black gloss badge on ebay with a red backing which suits me perfectly! May have a butchers at that, then onto the aerosol wrap, that looks like a great idea

Common fault for breaking, mine has got stuck once, but so far and 9 years later touch wood its still working!!
Did you find out about the small latch after your's was wrenched off.

It is nice to see other 9n3's on here.

A lot of people have moved to the 6r's.

Will be keeping an eye out as to what you all get up to, so keep posting!!

what other plans you all got in the pipeline?