Lucy's Polo 9n3

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
silver9n3
Getting There!
Drives: 9n3

Re: Lucy's Polo 9n3

Post by silver9n3 »

It's the removing that freaks me out! How on earth would you even start doing that!? :shock: and they come standard with the 1.4 SE :)[/quote]

Ah damnit, it's my first car so as soon as I saw it I wanted it, it's a 1.2 E and the seats are nasty :(

Might save up and try get some from a breakers or similar!

As for the headlining, I'm yet to do it myself but I've read on here somewhere it's fairly easy to do.
Lucy_9n3
New

Post by Lucy_9n3 »

silver9n3 wrote:It's the removing that freaks me out! How on earth would you even start doing that!? :shock: and they come standard with the 1.4 SE :)
Ah damnit, it's my first car so as soon as I saw it I wanted it, it's a 1.2 E and the seats are nasty :(

As for the headlining, I'm yet to do it myself but I've read on here somewhere it's fairly easy to do.[/quote]

I'm sure you'll be able to find an SE breaking somewhere :)
silver9n3
Getting There!

Post by silver9n3 »

Lucy_9n3 wrote:
silver9n3 wrote:It's the removing that freaks me out! How on earth would you even start doing that!? :shock: and they come standard with the 1.4 SE :)

As for the headlining, I'm yet to do it myself but I've read on here somewhere it's fairly easy to do.
I'm sure you'll be able to find an SE breaking somewhere :)[/quote]

Hopefully ;)

I think i'll just paint my pillars instead of getting more, sand em down, plastic prime then matte black I think!
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 1.9 Tdi Sport

Post by polo1.9TDI SPORT »

You painting your interior "a pillars"?

Or the external B pillars?
silver9n3
Getting There!

Post by silver9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:You painting your interior "a pillars"?

Or the external B pillars?
The interior pillars.
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

They are a b**** to get off and back on due to the stupid little plastic lugs vw use.
I had to buy a few new lugs as they kinda broke on coming off :(

If you've already got the paint primer etc then enjoy, and look forward to pics!

If not they were pretty cheap when i bought the anthracite gti ones. might work out cheaper to buy them than the paint etc?

There are about 4 small clips holding them in, and remember the tweeters are in there so don't yank it off too hard or you could damage them or their wires that run up the bodywork pillar.
silver9n3
Getting There!

Post by silver9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:They are a b**** to get off and back on due to the stupid little plastic lugs vw use.
I had to buy a few new lugs as they kinda broke on coming off :(

If you've already got the paint primer etc then enjoy, and look forward to pics!

If not they were pretty cheap when i bought the anthracite gti ones. might work out cheaper to buy them than the paint etc?

There are about 4 small clips holding them in, and remember the tweeters are in there so don't yank it off too hard or you could damage them or their wires that run up the bodywork pillar.
Can buy all the primer and paint for the cost of 1 pillar from VW probably, would need to get a few extra bits but I could do it for £20
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

Fair point,

Plus you would need to take the tweeters off and reposition them on new pillars too, so yeah your probably right. :)

Looking forward to some pics!!
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

Purchased a couple of goodies this week,

Hoping to have had them delivered by now so the bank holiday weekend could have been utilised.

Wont be here till next week so a good old clean is planned.

Anybody else have any plans?
silver9n3
Getting There!

Post by silver9n3 »

polo1.9TDI SPORT wrote:Purchased a couple of goodies this week,

Hoping to have had them delivered by now so the bank holiday weekend could have been utilised.

Wont be here till next week so a good old clean is planned.

Anybody else have any plans?
Got an exhaust tip muffler to go over mine so you can actually see the exhaust, looks awful so will be sending that back!
polo1.9TDI SPORT
Bronze Member

How do. Thought I would ask how the cars coming along, i know you had a few ideas you were getting on with. Been off here for a while, :( .
Hope to have some new pics up soon, as given the car a much needed clean! Need a proper photo shoot!