New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by Pavel »

Got a low washer fluid warning today but I didn't pay for the winter pack.

I'm not totally sure but I think I might have heated washer jets as well. On the couple of occasions I've had ice on the windscreen a quick blast of the washer jets has cleared it anyway. Are the heated jets operated differently from the standard when they are installed or not?

Seem to have heated wing mirrors as well but can't remember if these are part of the winter pack or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

Pavel wrote:Got a low washer fluid warning today but I didn't pay for the winter pack.

I'm not totally sure but I think I might have heated washer jets as well. On the couple of occasions I've had ice on the windscreen a quick blast of the washer jets has cleared it anyway. Are the heated jets operated differently from the standard when they are installed or not?

Seem to have heated wing mirrors as well but can't remember if these are part of the winter pack or not.

Have you got Alcantara seats? I think the option for that pack throws in a winter pack too. I know it includes the heated seats anyway so maybe they throw in the other bits
Pavel
Getting There!
Drives: MK8 GTI

Post by Pavel »

Yes I've got the alcantara seats. Looks like they do throw the rest of the winter pack in as well, either that or someone dropped a bollock at the factory.

lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

ShaunP wrote:
lewisp wrote:Roll out the red carpet, my girl is on her way! [img]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/21/8bad7474fc04286c7b66e4b16d637ec9.jpg[/img]

Jealous :( Mines still build in progress apparently, just sitting here refreshing the page now hahaha

Pointless, save your F5 key, the trackers only update at 8am and 9am daily (dependant on times zones)

I'm hoping that mine make the sailing ok Sunday from Portugal on the City of Rome!

Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Just drove mine home from pub(I'm on cola) with Sport button pressed. Awesome fun when ur in the mood...[emoji1] [emoji106]
dashing
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by dashing »

For all you guys in the build/transit stage, will you wait a month or so to get registered on the 16 plate or just take the car as a 15 plate?
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

dashing wrote:For all you guys in the build/transit stage, will you wait a month or so to get registered on the 16 plate or just take the car as a 15 plate?
Depends what lease you're on I would guess. If PCP then wait for 16, if PCH then it doesn't matter.

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Pavel wrote:Got a low washer fluid warning today but I didn't pay for the winter pack.

Low fluid warning comes as standard with LED headlights. Also, heated mirrors are part of the standard GTI spec and not part of the winter pack. If you've got the standard tartan seats and they're heated, then yes, your car has been fitted with the winter pack and you'll also have heated washer jets.

The Winter pack is a strange one as you get very little for the £360 cost on a GTI Polo; you already get the low fluid washer warning and headlamp washers with the standard LED headlights. If you've specified alcantara upholstery, these come with with seat heating, so on a Polo GTI with alcantara seats, all you're getting in the £360 winter pack is the heated washer jets! If you've got the standard tartan seats. you'll be getting heated seats and heated washer jets in the winter pack for your £360
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

lewisp wrote:
Pointless, save your F5 key, the trackers only update at 8am and 9am daily (dependant on times zones)

I'm hoping that mine make the sailing ok Sunday from Portugal on the City of Rome!

Step 5a in transit, good thing to wake up to this morning. :)

palermojd
New
Drives: 6c Polo GTI 1.8TSI 2015

Post by palermojd »

Has anyone changed their fog lights from the standard dingy yellow to LEDs yet?

I've ordered a set of 80W H8's as seen from another post on here, only issue is I can't figure out how to fit them! I.e, removing the plastic casing around the fog lights etc. last thing I want to do is start ripping things off the front of the car.. for it not to go back on :|

Any ideas how to fit? Few pictures maybe if anyone has already done it themselves? Cheers
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

palermojd wrote:Has anyone changed their fog lights from the standard dingy yellow to LEDs yet?

I've ordered a set of 80W H8's as seen from another post on here, only issue is I can't figure out how to fit them! I.e, removing the plastic casing around the fog lights etc. last thing I want to do is start ripping things off the front of the car.. for it not to go back on :|

Any ideas how to fit? Few pictures maybe if anyone has already done it themselves? Cheers
I know I am about to sound really old and I know the point of changing them is for the looks over function, but white bulbs in the fog lights does actually severely reduce their distance in the fog as the Yellow lights penetrate better than white lights do. The wavelength doesn't reflect as easily as the white ones so you'll have better low light/bad weather vision compared to having say a 6K HID bulb.
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

SRGTD wrote:

Low fluid warning comes as standard with LED headlights. Also, heated mirrors are part of the standard GTI spec and not part of the winter pack. If you've got the standard tartan seats and they're heated, then yes, your car has been fitted with the winter pack and you'll also have heated washer jets.

The Winter pack is a strange one as you get very little for the £360 cost on a GTI Polo; you already get the low fluid washer warning and headlamp washers with the standard LED headlights. If you've specified alcantara upholstery, these come with with seat heating, so on a Polo GTI with alcantara seats, all you're getting in the £360 winter pack is the heated washer jets! If you've got the standard tartan seats. you'll be getting heated seats and heated washer jets in the winter pack for your £360
Well bugger I just paid £300 for heated seats :/ but then I didn't want to pay £900 for the Alcantara seats so VW make a good bit of profit on that option for GTi owners!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

CJO wrote:
Well bugger I just paid £300 for heated seats :/ but then I didn't want to pay £900 for the Alcantara seats so VW make a good bit of profit on that option for GTi owners!
Same but I was only really bothered about heated seats :lol: :oops:
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

CJO wrote: I know I am about to sound really old and I know the point of changing them is for the looks over function, but white bulbs in the fog lights does actually severely reduce their distance in the fog as the Yellow lights penetrate better than white lights do. The wavelength doesn't reflect as easily as the white ones so you'll have better low light/bad weather vision compared to having say a 6K HID bulb.
The thing is I can't remember I manually used my fog lights.

The only time mine are used are when I turn and reverse.

So can see why the crappy incandescent lamps would want to be changed to leds.

The problem is that most claims of light output of led sellers is BS as they are very difficult to cool in such a small package.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Meant to do a little update as I've now done just over 1k miles.

Well so far I'm loving Marco, for me the driving position is spot on ride is quite firm but not really uncomfortable. Handling is good enough for my driving (I'm never going to be pushing it to it's limits - too much of a wuss lol).
Haven't experienced any of the brake squeal or condensation issues that others have mentioned, although in the last couple of days an annoying rattle has developed from the dash around the passenger side :x so I'll be getting that looked at under warranty.
Average long term MPG is at 35.1, getting between 37 & 40 my 13 mile commute to work, usually means I'm stuck behind something although once there's a gap in oncoming traffic getting past them isn't usally an issue.

What a step up from my 6N2 :D