New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

New GTI

Post by nats148 »

Mine arrived 10th or 11th Decemeber, I picked up on 19th but it was ready on 14th.
I got mine from Grimsby VW though so obviously it was a bit quicker with it not having to be transported from docks to dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Re: New GTI

Post by andy_gdon »

Stage 6...car is in the UK. Took two weeks to get here, via America clearly lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
nats148
Bronze Member

Post by nats148 »

Mine's booked in for the 11th to find out what the rattle is - bet it doesn't do it that day :roll:
lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

ShaunP wrote:What were peoples wait times once they received the in the UK status?

I'm hoping it will come into the country on monday 1st providing it sails over on sunday, and then hoping to have it by the saturday 6th. Is that a reasonable time for it to get to me or am I being too ambitious [emoji849]
If, if our cars make Sunday's sailing, City or Paris, from Setubal, you are looking at late next week before arrival in UK, I.e last weeks boat is ready to dock in Tyne this evening. Slow trip from Portugal to UK at 13knots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

lewisp wrote:
ShaunP wrote:What were peoples wait times once they received the in the UK status?

I'm hoping it will come into the country on monday 1st providing it sails over on sunday, and then hoping to have it by the saturday 6th. Is that a reasonable time for it to get to me or am I being too ambitious [emoji849]
If, if our cars make Sunday's sailing, City or Paris, from Setubal, you are looking at late next week before arrival in UK, I.e last weeks boat is ready to dock in Tyne this evening. Slow trip from Portugal to UK at 13knots

I fear I may regret asking this as it won't do my patience any good but where do you go to find out this detail??

Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

nats148 wrote:Mine's booked in for the 11th to find out what the rattle is - bet it doesn't do it that day :roll:
Where's ur rattle?
lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

CJO wrote:
lewisp wrote:

I fear I may regret asking this as it won't do my patience any good but where do you go to find out this detail??

I've stalked the marine traffic tracking site and VW Twitter order updates to put together a wee logistics map in my head, quite sad really Hahahah

ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

lewisp wrote:

Late next week?! There's me thinking it would take a day to sail to England... [emoji23]

nats148
Bronze Member

Post by nats148 »

Andy4791 wrote:
nats148 wrote:Mine's booked in for the 11th to find out what the rattle is - bet it doesn't do it that day :roll:
Where's ur rattle?
Sounds like it's from the passenger side dash :(

CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

nats148 wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
Where's ur rattle?

*open glovebox remove loose change* ? ;)

Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

nats148 wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
Where's ur rattle?

I have a couple of odd creaks an rattles. One from where dash meets A pillar on drivers side,only does it wen warming from cold. The other a vibration type sound from my adjustable seat belt height thing on my b pillar, this goes when u move it to another position. Nothing that annoys me too much at min tho
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

Andy4791 wrote:
nats148 wrote:
Andy4791 wrote: Where's ur rattle?

I have a couple of odd creaks an rattles. One from where dash meets A pillar on drivers side,only does it wen warming from cold. The other a vibration type sound from my adjustable seat belt height thing on my b pillar, this goes when u move it to another position. Nothing that annoys me too much at min tho
I have the 2 exact same noises at you..

duffman
Bronze Member

Post by duffman »

Got mine booked in for the stuck trip reset button, they think they'll have to replace the dash so will see. Asked them to look at the squeaking at low speeds, not expecting them to come back with anything but will let you all know if they do
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Deejbb wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
nats148 wrote:

I have the 2 exact same noises at you..

In a way I'm pleased that its not just mine. Every car I've had with adjustable seat belt height has been the same, they are a pain in my opinion.
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Post by andy_gdon »

ShaunP wrote:
lewisp wrote:

Late next week?! There's me thinking it would take a day to sail to England... [emoji23]

A day?! Lol I wish

Took 13 from leaving the factory to arrival in the UK for my car