New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: New GTI

Post by rm55mcc »

forevertom wrote:Does anyone suffer from condensation on the inside of their headlights? Noticed quite a bit of it on the passenger side earlier today.

Also had a surprise when I changed gear earlier and it didn't deactivate the cruise control. Used to on my ST and other cars I have driven but guess this is just a VW thing.

I have the squeaky breaks at low speed too!

Thanks,
Tom

Yes mate I have this some times in the head lights , but clears pretty quickly
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Progressed to stage 6!
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Wilxay wrote:Progressed to stage 6!
Ditto!!! Going in the right direction anyway ;)
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Bigfish99 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:Progressed to stage 6!
Ditto!!! Going in the right direction anyway ;)
Good news! Hopefully wont be long then, mine only took 2 days to dealer but that might be as I was not far away.

Def picking mine up Sat morning, signed the finance docs yesterday but did not see it there so it must have been hidden away somewhere!
ziishan
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by ziishan »

Hi all

only just joined this forum today, going through some threads and thought id post a reply to this since its in my experience.

Had a Toyota yaris 1.4 D-4D as my first car... just upgraded to a VW Polo GTI in red. its a 2016 model. Got sunroof, sport pack, dsg, cloth seats, etc.

gotta say ive driven VW's before but nothing compared to this. 1.8 tsi engine is amazing! gearbox runs so smoothly in auto, a dream to drive in manual mode too. leaves most cars off the line with just how quick it picks up.

fuel economy is not the best,but im a local driver and cant help twitching my foot now and then.

the sport button certainly does give it some extra oomf, quicker response and acceleration. Don't be fooled by the louder exhaust/engine noise, that's just the speaker in the cabin. lol. im going to be removing the middle silencer from the exhaust, gives it a more open note.

all in all, best VW ive driven. Feels safe, secure, quality is on point for interior, and certainly gives a good run!
ziishan
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by ziishan »

Andy4791 wrote:I'm seriously tempted on the GTi lol
Anybody know how many settings the Sport Performance Kit with Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) has..eg comfort,normal and sport or is it just normal amd sport. Its a £245 option so seems decent value.
Hi all

only just joined this forum today, going through some threads and thought id post a reply to this since its in my experience.

Had a Toyota yaris 1.4 D-4D as my first car... just upgraded to a VW Polo GTI in red. its a 2016 model. Got sunroof, sport pack, dsg, cloth seats, etc.

gotta say ive driven VW's before but nothing compared to this. 1.8 tsi engine is amazing! gearbox runs so smoothly in auto, a dream to drive in manual mode too. leaves most cars off the line with just how quick it picks up.

fuel economy is not the best,but im a local driver and cant help twitching my foot now and then.

the sport button certainly does give it some extra oomf, quicker response and acceleration. Don't be fooled by the louder exhaust/engine noise, that's just the speaker in the cabin. lol. im going to be removing the middle silencer from the exhaust, gives it a more open note.

all in all, best VW ive driven. Feels safe, secure, quality is on point for interior, and certainly gives a good run!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I pose a question to those who already own a new GTI, turbo lag? Does it exist in that 1.8Tsi?
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Wilxay wrote:I pose a question to those who already own a new GTI, turbo lag? Does it exist in that 1.8Tsi?
No worse than any other turbo car I've driven, my old 207gti had a twin scroll to reduce turbo lag and the polo GTI turbo feels just as responsive. Nothing better than cracking the windows and planting your right foot to hear that woooosh as it spools!
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

JackM_24 wrote:Replacement engine arrived this afternoon, does anyone know if this will end up on the log book and affect future value? Kind of odd that my warranty work was due to be done today given that they already have the car, they say the brakes are fine (not sure how given they can't drive it!) instrument cluster replaced though, they reckon I should be able to pick it up tomorrow night. Not a bad turn around really.
Nothing changed re log book or otherwise when I had a replacement engine under warranty for the oil issues in my old 6R. Don't worry.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
ac07
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by ac07 »

Hi everyone,

Ordered my GTI at the end of Jan, and have now just gone to Stage 5a, hopefully will be delivered to me at the start of April!

Got the following spec:
Flat black 3dr
DSG
Parking Pack
Light and Sight Pack
Armrest
Winter Pack

On a 2 year lease for £203pm, 10k miles per year.

Currently have BMW e92 325i, but recently changed jobs and found the Polo at a great price so thought why not! Looks like a brilliant runaround!
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Quicksilver »

the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:I've been on 5a since 25/02 and my car is just about to be dropped off at Grimsby. the_bakerboy3685 was on 5a from the same date but he is picking up as soon as the weekend (12/3)
Think I was quite fortunate as mine came into Sheerness in Kent and I'm in Essex so not very far for it to come! Still hoping I can get it Sat but will find out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Haven't seen another one in Essex yet :-(
the_bakerboy3685
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by the_bakerboy3685 »

Quicksilver wrote:
the_bakerboy3685 wrote:
Wilxay wrote:I've been on 5a since 25/02 and my car is just about to be dropped off at Grimsby. the_bakerboy3685 was on 5a from the same date but he is picking up as soon as the weekend (12/3)
Think I was quite fortunate as mine came into Sheerness in Kent and I'm in Essex so not very far for it to come! Still hoping I can get it Sat but will find out tomorrow.

Haven't seen another one in Essex yet :-(
I haven't seen another Polo GTI anywhere I don't think! Saw a couple of the 6R but don't think I seen any of the 6C. Be nice to have a car that's quite rare, coming from an ST it's like they hand them out in Essex!

Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

I didn't think of it like that. I am happy and proud now :-)
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

Has anyone had their first service yet? I didn't get a service pack so just curious as to how much it will cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Got the sweet beast back today, another period of running in :/ at least it'll be nicely loosened up when the sun decides to make an appearance!