New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Re: New GTI

Post by Bigfish99 »

Shark00n wrote:My Polo was looking disgusting the last few days after I "rallyed" a dirt road in Alentejo, southern Portugal.
Finally gave it a wash and it's looking beastly again :D

And a video of a few revs. The car doesn't go over 4000RPM when not in gear. Today I learned.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkloN8zIVY4[/youtube]
Class mate! Mines filthy again, i know the feeling haha.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Gone in for the dash replacement today- got a povvo spec UP as a courtesy car :shock:
Wilxay
Silver Member

New GTI

Post by Wilxay »

When I first entered the world of new car buying four years ago I was waiting for the UP! GT. Kinda glad that it never arrived because I probably wouldn't have a GTI right now
stables89
New
Drives: Polo 6C GTI

Post by stables89 »

Grr looks like more delays. Been told by the dealer it would arrive 2nd week of april. Asked VW and they said its on its way from Santander to Emden so could be another 6-8 weeks. Seems a bit of a trek by rail across europe
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

andy_gdon wrote:
duffman wrote:
Reebx3 wrote:Hey guys!
Am new to this, so just ordered myself a polo Gti
Extras are
Centre armrest
Parking sensors front and back with rear camera
Convenience pack
Black pearlescent paint :lol:

Was so undecided about the sport button and the car net app anyone any bought some on these? I still have time to add them on if I change my mind lol
DSG or Manual? On the DSG the sport button gives you full torque so would be a definite tick
Has this been confirmed?
According to VW's website:
Sport Performance Kit with Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)

Variable suspension settings, choice of 'Comfort' or 'Sport' for stiffer, sports suspension. Includes sportier; electromechanical steering, accelerator response and engine noise inside the car. For DSG derivatives, the 'Sport' setting allows the car to reach maximum torque levels for a sportier drive
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

After not seeing a fellow GTI owner where I live for 4 months today I see 3 in one journey. White 5dr, black 5dr and red 3dr in the Derby area, anyone on here?
fivelittlefish
New
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by fivelittlefish »

duffman wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
duffman wrote:
DSG or Manual? On the DSG the sport button gives you full torque so would be a definite tick
Has this been confirmed?

Variable suspension settings, choice of 'Comfort' or 'Sport' for stiffer, sports suspension. Includes sportier; electromechanical steering, accelerator response and engine noise inside the car. For DSG derivatives, the 'Sport' setting allows the car to reach maximum torque levels for a sportier drive

But this is fairly meaningless, isn't it? You'll still have access to "maximum torque levels" whether the button is pressed or not, surely? I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a "non sport button' DSG owner otherwise. As I understand it, the DSG can't output more than it's maximum torque in any case, which is less than the manual, to protect the box.
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Has anyone encountered the following problem? Since changing the clock to summertime it now randomly changes the hour forwards when switching the car ignition off. For a short period you see the clock before the internal light goes out and just before the clock fades it sometimes advances an hour all by itself (not when it's supposed to of course). If I leave the car for a few hours and then switch the ignition on, the clock has advanced by three hours. I've checked the settings to be at GMT and nothing appears to be sticking so assume it's a random fault. Minor but annoying. Any way of resetting the system?

Otherwise the car is still good and not a POS. I've owned lots of cars and it's one of the better ones.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Norfolk Boy wrote:Has anyone encountered the following problem? Since changing the clock to summertime it now randomly changes the hour forwards when switching the car ignition off. For a short period you see the clock before the internal light goes out and just before the clock fades it sometimes advances an hour all by itself (not when it's supposed to of course). If I leave the car for a few hours and then switch the ignition on, the clock has advanced by three hours. I've checked the settings to be at GMT and nothing appears to be sticking so assume it's a random fault. Minor but annoying. Any way of resetting the system?

Otherwise the car is still good and not a POS. I've owned lots of cars and it's one of the better ones.

No , I just changed mine an hour foward and its 100% .. [emoji106] no issues ..
andy_gdon
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi

Post by andy_gdon »

fivelittlefish wrote:
duffman wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
Has this been confirmed?

But this is fairly meaningless, isn't it? You'll still have access to "maximum torque levels" whether the button is pressed or not, surely? I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a "non sport button' DSG owner otherwise. As I understand it, the DSG can't output more than it's maximum torque in any case, which is less than the manual, to protect the box.
It's an interesting one.

I'm not too fussed on a few extra torques tbh. The polo is just a nippy Wee town car which is perfect for me. If I wanted power I'd be sitting in a golf R.
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

rm55mcc wrote:
Norfolk Boy wrote:Has anyone encountered the following problem? Since changing the clock to summertime it now randomly changes the hour forwards when switching the car ignition off. For a short period you see the clock before the internal light goes out and just before the clock fades it sometimes advances an hour all by itself (not when it's supposed to of course). If I leave the car for a few hours and then switch the ignition on, the clock has advanced by three hours. I've checked the settings to be at GMT and nothing appears to be sticking so assume it's a random fault. Minor but annoying. Any way of resetting the system?

No , I just changed mine an hour foward and its 100% .. [emoji106] no issues ..
Subsequently found another thread on this issue. It's a software problem where if you tick the British summertime box on the menu to advance the hour this will lead the hour indicator to jump around on some cars. By unticking this box and advancing the hour manually this seems to solve the problem!
jb182
New
Drives: Bluegt 2015

Post by jb182 »

andy_gdon wrote:
Timmsy wrote:I was too late to add the car net app but also looking to get it done at the dealership if my model of system supports it.

Finally got the VW order number out of the lease company today along with my registration number.

Still sitting in the uk port at the moment though but hopefully not long to wait.

To give you guys who have recently ordered a time frame I ordered mine on 29th Jan.
I'd love to retro fit the carnet app. Do you have any details on how to do this?
I can totally relate to wanting to retrofit CarPlay, I wanted it straight after picking my bluegt up.

After some research and conversations with the local dealer, they can retrofit this for around £200, I have ordered this and it is due to be installed this coming Tuesday. If you want any pictures once it's been "activated" let me know and I will post some up. :-)
Timmsy
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by Timmsy »

jb182 wrote:
andy_gdon wrote:
Timmsy wrote:I was too late to add the car net app but also looking to get it done at the dealership if my model of system supports it.

Finally got the VW order number out of the lease company today along with my registration number.

Still sitting in the uk port at the moment though but hopefully not long to wait.

To give you guys who have recently ordered a time frame I ordered mine on 29th Jan.
I'd love to retro fit the carnet app. Do you have any details on how to do this?
I can totally relate to wanting to retrofit CarPlay, I wanted it straight after picking my bluegt up.

After some research and conversations with the local dealer, they can retrofit this for around £200, I have ordered this and it is due to be installed this coming Tuesday. If you want any pictures once it's been "activated" let me know and I will post some up. :-)
Let me know how it goes! I'm really tempted to have it activated as soon as mine arrives. Pictures etc would be great
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

So, can you retrofit Apple's CarPlay in the GTI? That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Specially because I didn't get navigation
jb182
New
Drives: Bluegt 2015

Post by jb182 »

Shark00n wrote:So, can you retrofit Apple's CarPlay in the GTI? That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Specially because I didn't get navigation
To my understanding, anyone with the MIB 2 media system can get it enabled, however I will clarify that on Tuesday and update.