New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mikemod
New
Drives: GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by mikemod »

Just signed up :), great forum 8)

Polo GTI ordered for my wife and it is currently been sitting at Santander Port since 22nd June.

After looking through the forum, I checked all the ships that seem to bring them to the UK and one is in Tyne, one is heading for Tyne the other is in the Baltic sea :(

The ships were City of Sunderland, City of Rome and City of Barcelona.

Are there any other ships that do the journey or should I get an Easyjet flight and and drive it home :D
mikemod
New

Post by mikemod »

Just noticed, City of Sunderland heading to Santander, arriving on Tuesday. Here's hoping for a lift back :D
Andres Tamez
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI

Post by Andres Tamez »

Here he is with the Springs! Thanks for your suggestions It looks and handles great!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
djbrad
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by djbrad »

mikemod wrote:Just noticed, City of Sunderland heading to Santander, arriving on Tuesday. Here's hoping for a lift back :D
Mine arrived on the city of sunderland at Tynemouth last Tuesday so are you sure yours is still in Santander? not sure how accurate the tracking is as my dealer rang me to say it was at the port and the tracking info didn't update till Friday
mikemod
New

Post by mikemod »

The dealer showed me the VW factory order system page on Friday and it showed as in Santander waiting for boat so I think it is still there.
Hopefully it is on the next boat and should arrive in the UK towards the start of next week.
djbrad
New

Post by djbrad »

Hopefully you will get yours soon, I only live about 20 miles from the port and mine still hasnt got to the dealer yet
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Gave mine a quick(ish) clean yesterday

Scuse the grubby grille :oops:

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Steviesparx
New
Drives: Polo GTi on order...

Post by Steviesparx »

mikemod wrote:The dealer showed me the VW factory order system page on Friday and it showed as in Santander waiting for boat so I think it is still there.
Hopefully it is on the next boat and should arrive in the UK towards the start of next week.
'City of Sunderland' is now docked at Santander...hopefully your GTi as well as mine are being loaded today :D
mikemod
New

Post by mikemod »

Yes, sadly I had noticed that as well, had been tracking it on marinetraffic.com :D

Hopefully the crew wont be going on the lash tonight and mixing with the ladies of the night.

Get it loaded and head north :lol:
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Anyone else have this type of thing. When car is started from cold, and running on choke it can be very jerky to drive at low speeds until choke comes off. At same time if I accelerate especially in 3rd gear I feel a slightly (miss) baulking sensation only once then wen car off choke runs as it shud,hope this is making sense lol
Matt-MK
New
Drives: Polo GTI - 2016

Post by Matt-MK »

New to the forum. I finally got my reg yesterday, been a long wait, still two weeks to go. Gave up my Abarth 595 3 weeks ago. Not fun driving a car with no power in-between.

I’m not sure what happens on the shipping front, I think it goes to edmen first from spain then changes boat. I could be totally wrong. Mine was built WB the 13th of June, and it arrived into the UK on the 5th.

The trackers inst great, mine is sat in the port currently but the tracker says in transit. Best to email your dealer.
palermojd
New
Drives: 6c Polo GTI 1.8TSI 2015

Post by palermojd »

Andy4791 wrote:Anyone else have this type of thing. When car is started from cold, and running on choke it can be very jerky to drive at low speeds until choke comes off. At same time if I accelerate especially in 3rd gear I feel a slightly (miss) baulking sensation only once then wen car off choke runs as it shud,hope this is making sense lol
Had this myself a couple of times, feels like the car is going to give up initially! Think it could be something to do with what fuel is put in... I purposely put in 99Ron Shell V Power at one point and it didn't seem to do it. Checked my oil yesterday and that's not the problem so no idea what else it might be!
mikemod
New

Post by mikemod »

Steviesparx wrote:
mikemod wrote:The dealer showed me the VW factory order system page on Friday and it showed as in Santander waiting for boat so I think it is still there.
'City of Sunderland' is now docked at Santander...hopefully your GTi as well as mine are being loaded today :D
City of Sunderland heading to Setabul in Portugal next, arriving on 8th :cry:
djbrad
New

Post by djbrad »

mikemod wrote:
Steviesparx wrote:
City of Sunderland heading to Setabul in Portugal next, arriving on 8th :cry:
The City of Amsterdam completed the trip from Santander to Tynemouth yesterday but not sure if it left after you tracked your car to Santander
Steviesparx
New
Drives: Polo GTi on order...

Post by Steviesparx »

mikemod wrote:
Steviesparx wrote: 'City of Sunderland' is now docked at Santander...hopefully your GTi as well as mine are being loaded today :D
The City of Amsterdam completed the trip from Santander to Tynemouth yesterday but not sure if it left after you tracked your car to Santander
Tracking actually reports mine as having now arrived in the country, presumably on City of Amsterdam...
No rush on my part however - don't intend picking it up until it gets it's 66 plate...

Incidentally, did anyone else who ordered in May get the offer of one years free insurance ? Can find any reference on my paperwork, but I do know it was being promoted at time of ordering...