Stalled 4 times in an hour? Am I a bad driver or is it the car?!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CGreen98
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.6 TDI SEL

Stalled 4 times in an hour? Am I a bad driver or is it the car?!

Post by CGreen98 »

Right, back here again with another strange fault the Polos developed!

Yesterday after dropping my Nan back home after a 1 hour drive I went in for a cuppa and gave the car 15 minutes to cool back down. (I did about 150 miles that day with 5+ people in the car so worked quite hard). When I came back out to the car as I was leaving the car park I stalled, no biggie just me being a bad driver I thought! Then I got to the end of the road, stalled again pulling away onto the main road! Then yet again, pulling away from a train crossing I stalled, all this within 5 minutes of driving. The guy behind me thought I was a numpty.

The car was pretty low on fuel so popped in and filled it up to the brim to see if it made a difference. Stalled leaving the bloody Forecourt!! :( !

Because of this I had to go the long was back home as I was too nervous to cross the 70mph A27 in case it did it again. I have driven the car for 2 months now and never had this happen to me and in fact never stalled it, read up on AutoCar used reviews "The 1.6-litre diesel is prone to a fault that makes it stall at junctions" but it doesn't tell you WHY it does this or how it can be fixed!

I haven't driven it today but have kind of lost trust in the car, bought it with just 30k on the car and thought the diesel would be the more reliable option after hearing how good the 1.9tdi and 1.4tdi's were in the 9n3 (I previously had the 1.2 9n3).

Anyone had a similar problem, or anything else to look out for in the future (yes the EGR Valve was done at a price of £800 [emoji849])

Thanks
Cam :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Stalled 4 times in an hour? Am I a bad driver or is it the car?!

Post by alexperkins »

There was a recall for an injector loom fault on the 1.6 from what I remember

Someone else can probably fill in the details