Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nry
Bronze Member

Re: Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Post by nry »

Are they the same look once fitted? With postage, they're not overly much cheaper than 'official' parts.

My old Astra forum had members getting trade club prices from dealers, are there any similar discounts through uk-polos?
Garfy
Bronze Member

Post by Garfy »

I bought a pair of Polo GTI exhaust tips for my Blue GT which fitted perfectly. These cost me £45 for the pair from JCT600 VW main dealer in Hull. Telephone 01482 642020.

Perfect fit and really set the car off great.
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

Polo GTI ones fit without modification and just need a bit of gentle pursuasion to get fully on
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

phill_11 wrote:Skoda Yeti tail pipe trims from eBay at about £24.99 for the two will also fit. You do need to remove two of the four internal clips but this is easy with pliers. This maybe the cheapest option for anyone who is interested. The seller on eBay is a Skoda dealer called Caffyns.

So these should fit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda ... 4897.l4275

Quote from listing: "We have been told by various people that these also fit the VW Scirocco and various other Vw models all though we can not confirm this - internal diameter 66mm"

Anyone know for sure?
pzboyz
New
Drives: '13 BlueGT, '10 Scirocco

Post by pzboyz »

Can anybody confirm those parts fit the BlueGT? I have also seen some rectangular shaped tips which look good am tempted to try them, anybody fitted some non-circular ones yet?
keith8357
New
Drives: blue gt

Post by keith8357 »

smurftech wrote:
phill_11 wrote:Skoda Yeti tail pipe trims from eBay at about £24.99 for the two will also fit. You do need to remove two of the four internal clips but this is easy with pliers. This maybe the cheapest option for anyone who is interested. The seller on eBay is a Skoda dealer called Caffyns.

So these should fit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Skoda ... 4897.l4275

Quote from listing: "We have been told by various people that these also fit the VW Scirocco and various other Vw models all though we can not confirm this - internal diameter 66mm"

Anyone know for sure?
just fitted these to my wifes blue gt had to take out 2 of the clips inside but they fit like a charm well pleased
Mickgt6r
New
Drives: Blue Gt

Post by Mickgt6r »

As above with the Yeti tips you may need to remove two clips to get them to fit the blueGT exhaust. I removed the ones at 90deg and 270deg and it seems to be holding on still (fingers crossed)
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

In the instructions for the Yeti tailpipe trims it says to cut the ends off the exhaust to fit these! No-one did this to their Polo did they?!

How did you guys remove the two clips inside?
Insy79
New
Drives: 2014 BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT

Post by Insy79 »

I have recently fitted the Yeti tailpipes to my BlueGT and removed 2 retaining clips by twisting them out with a pair of pliers.

Applied the trims with some assistance from a rubber mallet and all looks good and they definitely aren't coming off. Perfect fit.

Bought mine from Caffyns on ebay.
Attachments
20190915_194509.jpg
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

Insy79 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:20 pm I have recently fitted the Yeti tailpipes to my BlueGT and removed 2 retaining clips by twisting them out with a pair of pliers.

Applied the trims with some assistance from a rubber mallet and all looks good and they definitely aren't coming off. Perfect fit.

Bought mine from Caffyns on ebay.
You didn't cut the exhaust at all?

I see that you're also in the south-east -whereabouts? I have yet to see another Blue GT on the road!
Insy79
New
Drives: 2014 BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT

Post by Insy79 »

Na, no cutting involved. Literally pluck out 2 of the 4 retaining clips and bang them on the existing outlets. 5 minute job.

Dover/Deal/Thanet. Have to admit the car spends most of its time in the garage as its not my daily driver :)
Aquavalver
Silver Member

Post by Aquavalver »

Insy79 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:41 pm Na, no cutting involved. Literally pluck out 2 of the 4 retaining clips and bang them on the existing outlets. 5 minute job.

Dover/Deal/Thanet. Have to admit the car spends most of its time in the garage as its not my daily driver :)
Great! Will have a go at fitting them shortly. Shame it's not earlier in the year as then there would be plenty of time after work, but now it's dark by the time I'm home!

I'm near Maidstone/Chatham and mine is my daily. Wish I didn't have to do so many miles in it. Had it 5 weeks now.
Shrimpy
New
Drives: BlueGT

Post by Shrimpy »

I've just fitted my Yeti tailpipe finishers (From Caffyns eBay shop) to my BlueGT and didn't snip any retainer clips off. All I did was pinch all four clips at the loose end with pliers to flatten them a little. The finishers then went on firmly and easily with the help of a wooden mallet.
Keithgoulding
New
Drives: 2014 GT Wolfsberg

Post by Keithgoulding »

Have ordered a pair of tips for my GT. Arriving tomorrow 😊😊😊