Help - Problems with USB and Bluetooth streaming

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Fox1429
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Help - Problems with USB and Bluetooth streaming

Post by Fox1429 »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experience of the following.
I have a 2016 Polo GTI.
Since new have had issue with playing music through USB cable (official I phone cable) where the track 'jumps' every 20 seconds or so.
This hasn't been a major problem as I've used Bluetooth streaming which doesn't jump.
This however is now not working. There is no sound although the touch screen links, shows the track and has the timer running (so it's not on pause). I've tried turning it off/on, re linking Bluetooth, pause/unpause and it's not on mute or just with the sound down.

Anyone with similar problems/fixes?

Cheers
MichaelGallagher
New
Drives: 2010 6R 1.2 Petrol

Re: Help - Problems with USB and Bluetooth streaming

Post by MichaelGallagher »

I know on mine if connect your phone and start playing while the radio is on it won't play until you have opened the Bluetooth screen and hit the play/pause button on that. So my phone will show my tracks playing through Spotify but until I pause it and play it again using the cars Bluetooth controls it won't play through the speakers.
Fox1429
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Re: Help - Problems with USB and Bluetooth streaming

Post by Fox1429 »

Thanks,
I've tried that just to be sure but it still has no sound. The touch screen (in media) shows all the track info with the timer running but no sound. Tried pausing and play as well as mute/un-mute and changing volume but no joy.
Car is due for first service in March so I will prob put up with it until then and see if they can sort it during servicing. Perhaps there's a software update needed.