Kiogen's Ibiza SC

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Kiogen's Ibiza SC

Post by ciclo »

T73b/29 is the pin for DRLs activation (from T17/3 to T73b/29). It is long to explain why you do not see it in IBIZA diagrams. (Due to Start/Stop systems, your current DRLs bulbs, etc...)

Your original J828 relay does not work through the BCM, it works though light switch and a High Beam signal. So it must be removed forever.
The new relay J828 works through the NEW BCM via T73a/1. MANDATORY with the AUTO function.
You can use the same parts for your new J828 relay, but the wires and pin assignement will be different. It also requires changes in the light switch wires. (follow the diagrams)

Relay J665 (Coming home separate from BCM) is not necessary because this function will now be managed in the New BCM (+ Auto function, + Leaving Home).
It is necessary to remove it forever (due to contructive characteristics of your original wiring).

The J331 relay must be replaced (forever) by an electric bridge to power your headlights. Input T73a/63 - T73b/68. Output Pins 2 both BCM connectors.

So, removing the three relays is MANDATORY.

The diagrams for the rest of lights are correct.

After the BCM manages the output signal for any light the fuses are not necessary, logically. Only needed for power inputs.
Kiogen
New
Drives: Seat Ibiza 6J

Post by Kiogen »

ciclo wrote:T73b/29 is the pin for DRLs activation (from T17/3 to T73b/29). It is long to explain why you do not see it in IBIZA diagrams. (Due to Start/Stop systems, your current DRLs bulbs, etc...)
So you are telling me that if i were to do it by myself i would never be able to get arround this?? :roll:
Or perhaps i would need to search deeper, and as you told me i didn't search for it.
ciclo wrote:Your original J828 relay does not work through the BCM, it works though light switch and a High Beam signal. So it must be removed forever.
The new relay J828 works through the NEW BCM via T73a/1. MANDATORY with the AUTO function.
You can use the same parts for your new J828 relay, but the wires and pin assignement will be different. It also requires changes in the light switch wires. (follow the diagrams)
Think that the diagram show it clearly, correct me if im wrong. The T17/7 must be removed from the light switch right? is the one that is connected to j828 originally.
Apart from replacing T17/16 to T17/13 and adding T73a/37 to T17/12 + T17/16 i have to do everything, that BCM wiring to headlight switch is wired inside the previous wiring.
ciclo wrote:Relay J665 (Coming home separate from BCM) is not necessary because this function will now be managed in the New BCM (+ Auto function, + Leaving Home).
It is necessary to remove it forever (due to contructive characteristics of your original wiring).

This one just need to be removed no wiring change,no bridges, nothing??
Is it possible to remove the wiring if i want a "cleaner" car wiring or it might be necesary in the future?
ciclo wrote:The J331 relay must be replaced (forever) by an electric bridge to power your headlights. Input T73a/63 - T73b/68. Output Pins 2 both BCM connectors.
So, removing the three relays is MANDATORY.
I have it clear in my head now. Thank you for all the explanations 8)
ciclo wrote:The diagrams for the rest of lights are correct.
Nice to know. :D
ciclo wrote:After the BCM manages the output signal for any light the fuses are not necessary, logically. Only needed for power inputs.
If i want to follow the wiring exactly as it shows in ETKA i may remove a few wires and remove some fuses, even the relay carriers, that way it would look like it came from factory with AUTO Headlights, i will start to study all the wires that i have to get and the location to know if its viable to make it that way or if it is too much trouble.

To make it i would like to get some color coded wires, does anyone know where i can get some? i already have micro power timers N10335807, Junior power timers N90684405, BCM female pins N90764701 and cloth tape in case i need it and im sure i will, my question is do i need anything else?

Here is the diagram for the most important part:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Kiogen wrote:
ciclo wrote:T73b/29 is the pin for DRLs activation (from T17/3 to T73b/29). It is long to explain why you do not see it in IBIZA diagrams. (Due to Start/Stop systems, your current DRLs bulbs, etc...)
So you are telling me that if i were to do it by myself i would never be able to get arround this?? :roll:
Or perhaps i would need to search deeper, and as you told me i didn't search for it.
Maybe I have not explained it correctly.
T73b/29 does not appear in IBIZA diagrams because in your Model Year (all the range/specs) the wire going to T73b/29 was not needed.

How is it possible that you think that I can think that you would not be able to do it? ... then...what are we doing here? :)
You should understand all this in a good way. :wink:

Make an efficient electrical installation. It can be even better than original.
You need other models of contact terminals. There is a lot of information available online.

Wires for automotive (several colors)? TME web, for example.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

ciclo wrote:Your original J828 relay does not work through the BCM, it works through :oops: light switch and a High Beam signal. So it must be removed forever.
Ferris
New
Drives: 1.4 TSI TwinCharger

Post by Ferris »

@ciclo: Are you really sure that a "Max BCM" is needed for AUTO light function (at least for cars without start/stop function)? AFAIK the revised "High BCM" (6R0 937 087 H/K) already has the AUTO function feature and was factory installed on cars without start/stop and AUTO light switch..
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ferris wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:37 pm AFAIK the revised "High BCM" (6R0 937 087 H/K) already has the AUTO function feature and was factory installed on cars without start/stop and AUTO light switch..
Some Seat Ibiza models use an external unit (a relay to summarize) for the "Coming Home" function.
No BCM 087 (2008-2019) can manage automatic lights because they do not have the necessary pins built in them. As simple as that.

Therefore, yes :lol: , the BCM Max is necessary.
Ferris
New

Post by Ferris »

But there are BCM 087 versions which can be coded for AUTO light feature and I've already seen Ibiza 6J cars with a High BCM (AFAIK...) and AUTO light switch from factory - AUTO light feature was working there...
Last edited by Ferris on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It's not possible. :)
Ferris
New

Post by Ferris »

Perhaps there was a Max BCM installed then - unfortunately I didn't make a VCDS auto-scan so I can't tell for sure! I'm sure that you will know best...:wink: (But VCDS long coding really offers AUTO light option for High BCMs!)
Ferris
New

Post by Ferris »

I have an "A" Ibiza 6J with Xenon. I've also checked the wire diagrams from ErWin but there are some changes from Kiogen's "B" to my "A" model year in wiring. At least I will need the new J828 from the later model year with AUTO light switch and an Max BCM, but can I adapt the original wiring or do I need to "cut" something? (I don't want to spam here in Kiogen's thread - perhaps I should open a new thread!?)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I have already read your private message. :wink:

The best thing is that you open a new topic in the 6R section, with full Autoscan, info about equipments from factory, pics from your Ibiza...
I will help you, but you have to be willing to take a few pictures and collaborate.

In the PQ25 platform it is necessary to take images of the original wires to identify their colors and to know what type of equipment they belong to.
For example, in the 6R there are five different ways to install the DRLs, yes "5", and it is only possible to identify them by providing vehicle information (photos, MY, autoscan, etc).

Only in this way can I help you correctly so that we know exactly what your Ibiza needs for your project.