Exhaust ANYONE?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RyeDs
New
Drives: R line

Exhaust ANYONE?

Post by RyeDs »

I saw this http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221725869842?_t ... mwBanner=1 would it fit my polo rline 1.2 tsi(105BHP) ?
Thanks I'm new!!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: EXHAUST

Post by iichel »

fits only : VW POLO MK5 (6R) GTI VERSION 2009 - 2014
being new doesn't excuse you from using some common sense ;)
RyeDs
New

Post by RyeDs »

Ahaa my bad ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyeDs
New

Post by RyeDs »

iichel wrote:
fits only : VW POLO MK5 (6R) GTI VERSION 2009 - 2014
being new doesn't excuse you from using some common sense ;)
No excuse but I'm new to the modding scene I've read through some forums and they have said the GTI backbox/cat back will fit over the rline 1.2? Is this correct [emoji23] sorry I sound so stupid [emoji23][emoji23]
omtew99
New
Drives: 9n

Re: Exhaust ANYONE?

Post by omtew99 »

Just bought a JOM back box, anyone know if they're loud or sound good?
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

Is there any reason you are new to the modding scene? Why did you decide to modify your car? With a 1.2 R Line I can see exactly no reason why it makes any sense to do this. The car is a Volkswagen and not even a GTI it's never going to be some sort of race car. I don't want my words to appear harsh but then that's the harsh reality.

I'm assuming you are quite young so my advice to you would be this. Save that cash in a nice big pot and learn to drive the car, hell have some advanced instruction, do experience days or hire a car for a trackday with tuition. That is going to sort you out in the long run rather than putting a stupid loud exhaust on your (slow) Volkswagen Polo.

Look I'm not trying to be harsh. You've picked a perfectly reasonable form of transportation in fact one that's far better than I had when I was younger because I get that you have high insurance costs and so on as a young driver. Build up those no claims and be a young person! Go out and enjoy yourself!

I own a standard 2016 GTI and I've done precisely nothing to it and it's unlikely that I will. If i did it would only be in areas that I feel for the money would make a large improvement and that's something I will know with my vast driving experience.

Like I said don't want to appear to harsh but I think you would do well to heed my words! Take care
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

A bit harsh Joe, the first thing I did with my first car was to fit a loud exhaust, a box load of spot lamps and racing mirrors. It still took around 25 seconds to get to sixty and then only when the wind was behind it. I had lots of fun and eventually sorted out the suspension, brakes and gearbox before fitting a larger highly tuned motor. Things have moved on since then well over fifty years and many cars later I can say been there, done that and probably owned that.

We all have to start somewhere and youthful enthusiasm is great to see, there's plenty of time to get serious and eventually turn into a miserable old git like me.
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

Kids aren't used to harsh words nowadays so you have to speak that way to get through lol

Didn't mean any harm just offering some friendly advice. I'd be in a Porsche now if I would have heeded it lol
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Post by EdwardBall »

Depends where you're based but for that kind of money you can almost get a full custom exhaust built to your preference of sound, tips etc. I took mine to Essex for the day and had a full one made up to my liking for less than the cheapest premade aftermarket catback system I could find, fully fitted with a lifetime warranty. People assume custom exhausts are horrendously expensive, but I've always found that compared to ridiculously marked-up aftermarket systems, they're a bargain.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

:D Joe.

A good friend of mine has just passed away age 86, his Cayman S should be up for sale, never too old to live the dream.

PS. The Porsche is probably amongst the least exotic of the cars he has owned over the past 20 years.