New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bullwinkle
New

Re: New GTI

Post by bullwinkle »

Shame they are only doing it in a 5-Door version.

Doubt l'll be getting another.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

It does look as if it will be nice in the flesh - and the extra boot space will be nice so I can get more than just 4 full 'bags for life' in there... It's basically the same size as a Mk4 Golf now so will also want to check it's not getting too big. We use the car mainly around town and the current model works brilliantly for nipping into smaller spaces

I hope they do something about the god awful stereo as well. Be interesting to see if the GTi is released in November too.
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Penarth Blues wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:53 pm I hope they do something about the god awful stereo as well. Be interesting to see if the GTi is released in November too.
I think I read GTI would be early next year

edit:
the range topping turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder powered GTi model planned to see right-hand drive production early next year
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member

Post by Penarth Blues »

duffman wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm
Penarth Blues wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:53 pm I hope they do something about the god awful stereo as well. Be interesting to see if the GTi is released in November too.
I think I read GTI would be early next year

edit:
the range topping turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder powered GTi model planned to see right-hand drive production early next year
Cheers Duffman
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Lovely looking motor [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Wonder how long the delivery time would be ? [emoji6][emoji23] Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Penarth Blues
Bronze Member

Post by Penarth Blues »

Andy4791 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 am Wonder how long the delivery time would be ? [emoji6][emoji23] Lol

:lol: I'd get your order in now for October 2018 :D
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Lol

PeterWestSussex
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI 110 SEL DSG in white, 2015

Post by PeterWestSussex »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:14 pm Low fluid warning comes as standard with LED headlights ....
Could you possibly tell me where the washer low fluid level warning light is located, please? Within the left (rev counter) or right (mph) dial? Whereabouts in that dial - in which segment - 7-8 o'clock? next to / between which other icons?

I am asking because I have just acquired a 2015 Polo SEL trim which has LEDs as standard and (as an optional extra) the 'Light & Sight' pack. The printed literature for Polo 2015 says it should have the low fluid level warning light as 'standard' but my Dealer says NO. Hence my question above!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

PeterWestSussex wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:05 pm
SRGTD wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:14 pm Low fluid warning comes as standard with LED headlights ....
Could you possibly tell me where the washer low fluid level warning light is located, please? Within the left (rev counter) or right (mph) dial? Whereabouts in that dial - in which segment - 7-8 o'clock? next to / between which other icons?

I am asking because I have just acquired a 2015 Polo SEL trim which has LEDs as standard and (as an optional extra) the 'Light & Sight' pack. The printed literature for Polo 2015 says it should have the low fluid level warning light as 'standard' but my Dealer says NO. Hence my question above!
Page 17 in the Polo price list brochure lists the low fluid warning light as part of the LED headlight option (shown as standard on the Polo SEL). Also listed on page 10 under items of standard equipment. Link to the brochure below;

http://origin.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/c ... celist.pdf

I must say, I've never seen the warning light illuminated in my car, but probably because I keep my washer fluid topped up. I'll check my owners manual and the actual instrumentation in the car for you, although I might not be able to see where it is in the speedo or rev counter unless I empty the washer bottle!
PeterWestSussex
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI 110 SEL DSG in white, 2015

Post by PeterWestSussex »

Thanks. Was hoping that perhaps you'd had a glimpse of said warning light! I agree; it's best to ensure washer bottle always topped up but I was grateful for a warning once one winter with my Vauxhall Vectra SRi.
Would have sent you a PM but apparently my newbie status does not allow!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

PeterWestSussex wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 am Thanks. Was hoping that perhaps you'd had a glimpse of said warning light! I agree; it's best to ensure washer bottle always topped up but I was grateful for a warning once one winter with my Vauxhall Vectra SRi.
Would have sent you a PM but apparently my newbie status does not allow!
I checked my instrument cluster earlier. The low washer fluid warning isn't one of the symbols in the rev counter that briefly illuminates when the ignition is switched on. I wasn't able to see the low washer fluid symbol in the speedo either, but it's very difficult to see the symbols unless they're illuminated. The owners manual makes reference to it, but doesn't state which models have this.

For the last few generations of VW's, where a car has headlamp washers, they also have a larger washer fluid reservoir and a low washer fluid warning lamp. You will see that for the xenon headlamp (available on Blue Motion and Blue GT models) and winter pack options, these options come with headlamp washers, so get the low washer fluid warning lamp (pages 17 and 19 of the Polo price list brochure). I had xenons in my mk6 Golf GTD and that had a low washer fluid warning lamp.

Sorry I've not been able to answer your question but maybe another forum member who's got a 6c Polo with LED headlights can confirm one way or the other?
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

If you have the LED lights then for sure it will have headlamp washers and so the low fluid warning. Note that with the higher end trip computer (dot matrix variety) on these cars you dont get the dash warning light rather it will come up "washer fluid low" on the computer with a warning light below it (a yellow exclamation mark) and will bong also when it happens.

Note also when the warning is triggered that the headlamp washers disable to preserve the high pressure pump on the headlamp washers as it can burn out if it tries to pump with no fluid.

I find on mine sometimes the level finds its way between setting the sensor off and not, so the warning comes on and clears itself depending on inclination etc. A bit more of a pull on the stalk to further lower the level brings it on until its refilled.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

According to the VW web site the low screen wash indicator is a part of the winter pack and includes the headlight washers and is not standard with just LEDs but we all know that the site is not always correct. Seems that headlight washer is a requirement for low screen wash warning.
stephen60
New
Drives: R Line 110PS

Post by stephen60 »

On my 2017 Polo R Line the low washer fluid light appears in the bottom below the dials and is yellow exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and a message appears for a short time between the rev counter and speedo to tell you to top up the washer fluid. Must admit it thought something was wrong with the car as I usually associate that type of symbol with ' stop the car, take it straight to the dealer' etc".....Fortunately there is some fluid in reserve once the warning appears. Admittedly the handbook isn't very clear.