Disc brake conversion kit Polo 6R rear axle

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Disc brake conversion kit Polo 6R rear axle

Post by iichel »

I've got for sale, a kit to aid in the conversion of drum brakes to disc brakes on the rear axle.

It consists of:
- 2x OEM VW brake calipers 6R0 615 423 and 6R0 616 424 (Lucas)
- 2x OEM VW brake caliper carriers 6R0 616 425 and 6R0 616 426 (TRW)
- 2x dust cans 6R0 615 611 en 6R0 615 612
The OEM parts are all in black paint and in good condition.

Wear parts:
- 2x Brembo 230x9 mm brake discs from 2016 24.000km
- 4x Brembo brake pads from 2016 24.000 km

Price for the parts is EUR 150. I'm open for negotiation but keep it very reasonable please. Shipping for a additional fee.
It's located in Switzerland. Shippings is no problem (to save costs in shipping and customs, I could send it from Germany).

For more information and contact, please write me a private message.
smg_shardul
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R

Re: Disc brake conversion kit Polo 6R rear axle

Post by smg_shardul »

I am interested pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel

Post by iichel »

I believe this should also fit on the Polo 9N/9N3 rear axle.
6R_09
New
Drives: MK5 R32

Post by 6R_09 »

What other parts would be needed to complete conversion from drum brakes to disks? Many thanks
iichel

Post by iichel »

probably the handbrake leads and the brake lines. for the brake lines, it's only the last 3 feet, not the complete line.
Jay-Jay
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6R HL 1.2TSI 77kw, Audi S1 MY2018

Post by Jay-Jay »

If you want to make a 100% conversion, you also need to change your handbrake lever.
The handbrake lever for drums is different from the one for rear discs (this is valid for 9N, 9N3, 6R and 6C):

Three of my friends made this drums-->discs conversion, at first without changing the handbrake. After some km they all started to have some problems:
- under hard braking tests, their car didn't stay straight (it was like the brake pressure wasn't equal between the rear right and the rear left calipers);
- the handbrake lever wasn't low and stiff as mine (my Polo already has rear discs from factory);
- after tightening more the handbrake lever's nut, the handbrake cables started to not be equally free, when releasing the lever;
- after a long stop (long night), as soon as the lever was released and the car started moving, one of the rear calipers was staying stuck for the first hundred meters, making a strange noise of pads pressed against the disc.
My friends almost got crazy trying to figure out the cause of these problems: they changed pads and discs, they bled the rear calipers infinite times, they also rebuilt the rear calipers. All of this without success.

Some months ago I casually discovered on ETKA that the handbrake lever is different from drums to discs. So my friends ordered the correct lever and as soon as they installed it (with my help), all the problems disappeared.
Maybe the gear of the lever is different, I don't know, but I really suggest to install the correct handbrake lever.

P.S. it wasn't a problem of ABS coding. All the problems were present even with the specific coding for rear discs.

iichel

Post by iichel »

Sold :mrgreen:
sdas_2305
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.5 TDI

Post by sdas_2305 »

Hi All, I think I am way too late comer in this topic. But is there anyone who is selling the rear disc conversion kit anymore? I have a Polo 6R with rear drum brakes which I intend to convert to disc. Any help in this direction is appreciated. Thanks.