Polo 6C Blue GT retrofit Xenon

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Whiteinc
New
Drives: Polo 6C Blue GT

Polo 6C Blue GT retrofit Xenon

Post by Whiteinc »

Hi guys!

So im trying to retrofit the OEM Xenon, but now im stuck because the wireing is a absolut nightmare for me

The problem is that my car is a 6C, so the BCM is the PQ26 (6C0 937 089B) and i can not find any guides, and im not even sure i have the right wireing now..
So i hope im not the first to try this and will be happy if someone cut guide me..

i have bought this set of wireing
Eduard
Getting There!
Drives: 6C

Re: Polo 6C Blue GT retrofit Xenon

Post by Eduard »

You will also need the AFS and Headlight Washer System, if you want to be “legal”, at least in some countries.

I’ve installed the AFS, and the HWS, also bought the adaptive bi-xenon headlights, and I also have an 6C, same BCM as yours, though I don’t know if I have the B at the end of the BCM, if someone knows what that stands for.

I will provide you with the documentation scheme for the 6C, when i get home tomorrow, big thanks to Fernando :) ( ciclo )

Though I cannot really help with the cabling as I am left to do that myself a well.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

your current wiring loom looks like it's made for a Polo 6R and with the wires for transforming from BCM high (6R0 937 087 x) to BCM Max (7H0 937 089/090 x).
The wires on the left, they are probably not useful, suited and necessary for your Polo 6C. the gross layout is probably OK but the connectors are likely not all correct (type, size).
The wires on the right could be useful, but you'll need to figure out exactly how they connect to the headlight and BCM. Then and only then, the scheme of Eduard is useful.
Furthermore, I expect you'll need to adapt your wiring to accommodate the fog lights and static cornering lights in the headlights.

http://www.carsystems.pl/adapter-bi-xen ... d1268.html
No cornering light functionality - Cornering light ist part of the auto leveling system
this simply isn't true. :mrgreen:

if you're good with wiring, I'd suggest to make your own wiring. or ask someone to do it for you, there are some us here on the forum to help you out (i.e. myself, ciclo).
Eduard
Getting There!

Post by Eduard »

iichel, stupid question on my part, but, here's my 2 cents.

When I initially bought the bi-xenon adaptive headlights, alongside the AFS module, I thought that ( AFS ) would help my xenon projectors to move alongside the horizontal axis ( like cornering ), and not just Y axis, as in added weight on the rear.

Now, I may be wrong but, related to what you said earlier, does that mean AFS module only deals with Y axis in our case ( Polo cars ) and we're only having the static cornering which the car came with from factory, but inside the headlight, and not the front bumper anymore.

I always hoped I could buy an WRC front bumper since it has no lamps at the bottom, given that DRL and and cornering is moving into the headlight itself ..

What I'm basically blabbering here is that we're not gonna have dynamic cornering ( via the xenon projector ) but only static ? Really hoping that's not true ..

// AFTER-SOME-RESEARCH EDIT
Did some digging, seems like we're still getting the dynamically swivelled headlights on speeds over 10km/h, and static cornering is happening when taking a turn, below 50km/h
More info here: https://www.my-gti.com/1989/volkswagen- ... ing-lights

Not sure if this is correct, but I really hope it is :cry:
iichel

Post by iichel »

you'll only have static cornering lights, not dynamic on the polo 6r/6c. life's tough... :mrgreen:
Whiteinc
New

Post by Whiteinc »

Eduard, I am doing it without the AFS, and i already got the HWS on the car :D
I will send you the pictures when i get home tomorrow.(if i figure out to send a private pm on this forum or reply you)

iichel, Yea i found out the wireing was for the 6R, but hopefully the wire in the right of the picture will work... the small wires should "just" go to other places in the T46 connector.
i have mailed Ciclo, about if he is knowing anybody that figured out the same problem. :) Unfortunately im not in a position to make the wireing myself.

Best regards
Frederik
iichel

Post by iichel »

I would strongly recommend to do the AFS as well. maybe it's my (ir)rational hate of people with badly adjusted super bright headlights, maybe it's the law...
Eduard
Getting There!

Post by Eduard »

iichel wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:41 pm you'll only have static cornering lights, not dynamic on the polo 6r/6c. life's tough... :mrgreen:
Makes me wanna cry :(

@whiteinc, I also suggest you getting the AFS installed as well, since its only a few bucks.. ~40E for the module, 10E for the new rear axle bracket ( you’ll need it ), and another 120E for the sensor itself.

Prices for new, OEM parts, aside the AFS module, bought it from an almost new Audi.

If you already have HWS, can you tell me when do they usually trigger ? Is it once 5 or 6 windshield washes, or does it trigger everytime you wash for more than 3 seconda ( which would be weird ).

Installed HWS myself, but cannot get it to work, left to check the relay and the fuse tomorrow..
Whiteinc
New

Post by Whiteinc »

My HWS goes on when i start the car and use the windshield washer, or if i hold the windshield washer for 3-4 sec. Did you have somekind of diagram Eduard for the pins?

i dont have the money for the AFS system at the moment, but i will ajust the xenon at a mechanic :D i never drive with anything heavy in the bag, so there should not be that need for the AFS for a start:
Eduard
Getting There!

Post by Eduard »

I've sent you the 6C diagrams. Basically if you just fit the adaptor, with the new headlights, without running the additional wires through, you would still get low / high beam ( shutter ), as well as the blinkers. ( if you do the correct VCDS settings )

That's enough just to get starting so, good luck :)
You need to get the DRL's running, as well as the static cornering lights and then you're done.
You will also need to buy an additional front fog lights wiring loom, since the cornering and the DRL's will move from the front bumper into the headlights. Hence, you can just use them as fog lights, or buy the plastic covers and replace them.

Good luck and keep us posted!
iichel

Post by iichel »

Eduard
Getting There!

Post by Eduard »

@iichel, yeah, figured it's best to ask them about my situation since it's becoming obvious it's some issue with the coding.
@Whiteinc, Basically, AFS ( auto-leveling at least ) and HWS ( which you already have ) are a must, in most of the countries, legal-wise. Plus the fact that it is very very annoying to be the other driver. It's quite easy ... even for me being new to all of this, frankly.
Whiteinc
New

Post by Whiteinc »

@Eduard i agree, but a complete AFS cost around 350-420 Euros :) But yea, when i have the money i will go for it.
Whiteinc
New

Post by Whiteinc »

@Eduard , its a bit strange, the slots on the T46B im supossed to put the pins in is already occupied...
iichel

Post by iichel »

It's probably to the halogen DRL in the bumper