UK configurator and brochure / price list available

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rustyd0g
New
Drives: Pure White 1.2 TSI SE Design (6C)

Post by rustyd0g »

The configurator for the New Polo is live on VW's website: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-nf/configure. Only S, SE and Beats listed so far.

Brochure and price list can be found here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-n ... /brochures
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

No 1.5 & gti ☹️
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Re: UK configurator and brochure / price list available

Post by Oli3000 »

If you look at the end of the brochure it tells you what other models are coming:

The 1.5tsi EVO makes it into the R-line but with a DSG only.

The GTI is available with 6 speed manual or 6 speed Dsg. Also comes as a GTI+ with active info display and adaptive cruise control as standard (plus I guess satnav).

LED headlights appear to be optional on all models unfortunately.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Oli3000 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 am LED headlights appear to be optional on all models unfortunately.
They’re standard on the GTI+ model. I like the idea of the GTI+. For me, there’s not much else I’d add to it as it has pretty much everything I’d want, spec-wise, apart from a decent set of wheels (I don’t like diamond cut alloys and both the standard Parker and Brescia alloys are diamond cut). It’s not going to be cheap though.
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

DSG GTIs available to order from December 5th, manuals early next year.

The GTI+ definitely sounds like the model I would choose, but expecting it to be shockingly expensive!
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Oli3000 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:29 am DSG GTIs available to order from December 5th, manuals early next year.

The GTI+ definitely sounds like the model I would choose, but expecting it to be shockingly expensive!
When I change my current Polo GTI - in around 2.5 - 3 years time, I’m hoping there’ll be some decent discounts to be had on the GTI+.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Must say I've warmed a lot to the new polo, but the current engine choices on the configurator are woeful the highest being 95 bhp lowest 65bhp, with the size increase it's going to be even worse than the 6r 65 bhp and 85 bhp engines. Definitely going to be worth the wait to see what the 1.5 evo and gti bring to an otherwise lovely little car.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i don't see the option to delete rear doors

looks like i'm keeping my 6c until something else comes up
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

Agreed think its a shame the Polo has gone 5 door only, not that 5 doors is a bad thing but its nice to have the choice

Im also not 100% that the new Polo is better looking than the 6C....certainly the GTI in any case. Probably a grower but looking at it, doesnt shout to me "buy me, buy me".

I think the R-Line 150 Evo is probably going to be the pick of the range....will go plenty well enough...particularly given the mild weight savings the new platform will likely provide also available with arguably the nicest looking wheel too. All the GTI wheels look to be more diamond cut (note impractical) over-styled b*******s.

GTI is probably going to be excellent but I bet it'll be knocking on the 20k door without options. Unless some good PCP deals are to be had probably better waiting a year or so and buying a used one.
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

Standard specs arent particularly wow either. Looks like only the SEL comes with standard Nav. Looks like with the GTI its gonna be a case of having to throw the options list at it (or opt for the +) to get a decent spec. Like I mean come on...the current GTI wasnt fantastic but it did have LED lights......
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

pipsyp wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:09 pm Standard specs arent particularly wow either. Looks like only the SEL comes with standard Nav. Looks like with the GTI its gonna be a case of having to throw the options list at it (or opt for the +) to get a decent spec. Like I mean come on...the current GTI wasnt fantastic but it did have LED lights......
That's the thing about the golf though it's only the mk7 range the options were forced into it, through heated seats and sat nav standard on match editions, and the gti is nearly full spec. People won't buy it unless it's put on it for them, it really doesn't justify spending money on a new car when you can get full spec top range models from the 2000's that drive the exact same.

Think I might just change to a used audi a3 or polo 6c r-line when the time comes.
weezul
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 95se 2018

Post by weezul »

I'm currently driving a 1.4 TDI Polo SE... and I love it. It's so cheap to run! My first car.

I was convinced to come in and talk about upgrading to a Polo Match a few months ago... but then heard rumour about this model. But looking so far, it seems expensive and not all that great. The Polo Match would have been the same engine, basically the same car but with Cruise Control and Parking Sensors (Things I wasn't bothered about at the time, hey it was my first car). They were saying on my solutions package, if you upgrade early, they don't penalise you for over-milage, and it basically took my price from £207 to about £225. But also, new Diesels will now have to pay road tax, whereas my current Polo is free for life.

Choices, Choices... Do you think they'll drop the price on the old model new stock to shift it? Maybe I should just stop thinking about it, and let the 4 years on this car run it's course first....
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

pipsyp wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:02 pm I think the R-Line 150 Evo is probably going to be the pick of the range....will go plenty well enough...particularly given the mild weight savings the new platform will likely provide also available with arguably the nicest looking wheel too. All the GTI wheels look to be more diamond cut (note impractical) over-styled b*******s.
I quite like the look of the R-Line, although I don’t like the fake exhausts. The R-Line 150 Evo is DSG only, looking at the engine and transmission options on page 3 of the price list brochure - no price for this model yet though. My preference has always been to have a manual gearbox, although I wouldn’t necessarily be put off by it being DSG only. I also quite like the R-Line standard 16” wheels, but not the optional 17” ones, which are diamond cut; I don’t like diamond cut wheels in general - fragile, expensive to refurbish and prone to white worm corrosion.

Why oh why can’t VW have a decent non-diamond cut wheel option for the GTI, instead of persisting in forcing diamond cut wheels on buyers? If I did replace my current GTI in 2-3 years time with the new model (hopefully some decent discounts available then), I’d take the standard 17” Parker alloys even though I don’t particularly like them, and I’d swap them over with my existing VW Motorsport alloys - assuming VW have retained the 6c’s 5x100 bolt pattern on the new Polo and the offset of the Parker and Motorsport wheels is similar.
pipsyp wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:09 pm Standard specs arent particularly wow either. Looks like only the SEL comes with standard Nav. Looks like with the GTI its gonna be a case of having to throw the options list at it (or opt for the +) to get a decent spec. Like I mean come on...the current GTI wasnt fantastic but it did have LED lights......
Not having LED headlights as part of the standard spec on the GTI (the GTI+ does have them) is a bit of a sneaky move by VW. I daresay that many existing GTI owners who are used to the performance of the LED headlights over halogens wouldn’t want to go back to having halogen headlamps again. Chances are, if they replace their existing car with a new model GTI, a high proportion of them would spec the LED headlamps, so an easy £850 for VW.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

weezul wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 pm I'm currently driving a 1.4 TDI Polo SE... and I love it. It's so cheap to run! My first car.

I was convinced to come in and talk about upgrading to a Polo Match a few months ago... but then heard rumour about this model. But looking so far, it seems expensive and not all that great. The Polo Match would have been the same engine, basically the same car but with Cruise Control and Parking Sensors (Things I wasn't bothered about at the time, hey it was my first car). They were saying on my solutions package, if you upgrade early, they don't penalise you for over-milage, and it basically took my price from £207 to about £225. But also, new Diesels will now have to pay road tax, whereas my current Polo is free for life.

Choices, Choices... Do you think they'll drop the price on the old model new stock to shift it? Maybe I should just stop thinking about it, and let the 4 years on this car run it's course first....
The prices will have already dropped since they know people will wait for the newer polo if they want one, if you're not dead set on volkswagen then plenty of other manufacturers will pay off any over-milage you do just saying. But note pay saying on finance you'll be paying £5k-10k on average more for the car, so it's important to factor in the buy out and wait a while option then not be paying monthly for a car
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

weezul wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:07 pm I'm currently driving a 1.4 TDI Polo SE... and I love it. It's so cheap to run! My first car.

I've had a few cars on PCP from VW, Volvo and Peugeot. They've all said the same thing - you only pay excess mileage if you give the car back at the end. If you choose to pay the final lump sum they don't care about the mileage as you're keeping it and if you choose to swap the car they won't charge you for excess miles. All the excess miles will do is lower the cars value, which is based on the mileage, condition and the age.

Even if you switched to another brand they won't charge you excess milage. What you will find is it's cheaper to switch to another VW on PCP as they can sell the car at their sites and they usually value the car slightly higher as it's their brand of car. Switching brands is always more expensive as most main dealerships don't keep other brands of car long. The Volvo I switched out of to get into my GTD was at Lookers for two weeks before going to auction and my Polo Blue GT I traded in when I got the Volvo didn't even stay at Volvo two days before it went to auction!

The big thing that determines switching to a new PCP is how much you owe minus interest, what your car is worth and how much deposit you want to put down. I've always been advised to wait until you're at least half way through a PCP before changing as the biggest chunk of value is lost in the first year of ownership. So far that's been true for me.