Haynes Manual Polo IV (9N) 2001

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
cmfarrell72
New
Drives: 2001 Polo IV (9N) SDI Classic

Haynes Manual Polo IV (9N) 2001

Post by cmfarrell72 »

Hello,

First, I can't seem to find a thread for the 2001 Polo IV (9N) Classic SDI. Am I the first one on this forum to own one? This can't be a good thing :-0

I've searched high and low for a maintenance manual, such as a Haynes Manual for this year and model. Any ideas where I can find one? If not, is there another year/similar model manual that will suffice?

I'm currently living in the Dominican Republic and just bought this car. It has 150,000 km, but I'm thinking this isn't too bad for this type of engine.

If there's another thread I should be posting this on, please let me know.

Mainly I'm looking for suggestions on finding a proper maintenance manual, such as a Haynes manual, or similar.

Thank you,

Chris
coopern
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 BUD 9N3 petrol manual

Re: Haynes Manual Polo IV (9N) 2001

Post by coopern »

Fairly sure that in the UK there's just one Haynes manual for the 9N polo, covers petrol and diesel, its got a green cover. It does not cover the later 9N3 models.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I can confirm that Haynes Owners Workshop Manual 4608 does cover the 1.9SDI engine, or at least it lists engine type ASY which it refers to as being the SDI(non-turbo) engine. If looking at a listing on ebay etc, please note that this book is dark brown in colour and not green as mentioned above, at least the version published in 2007 is brown. ISBN 978 1 84425 608 2 seems to be its book number.

Edit:- sorry I should have made it clear that this Haynes book is for the 9N Polo 2002 to 2005 in the case of my 2007 published version. No doubt a/the later version if it exists will take this 9N up to the end of its run in 2007(?).
cmfarrell72
New

Post by cmfarrell72 »

Thanks so much for your reply. I actually found a copy of the manual you're referring to on Amazon. It's been very confusing trying to find the correct manual, so I really appreciate the help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08573 ... UTF8&psc=1

Here in the Dominican Republic they're very good about keeping vehicles running and squeezing every ounce of life out of them, but unfortunately this means you're probably buying a vehicle that has had multiple organ transplants from multiple donors - aka parts that "function" but aren't the correct match.

Since I'm probably not going to have success finding parts for this car in the US, can you recommend an online parts store that'll carry parts for this 2001 IV 9N diesel? Oil filters, glow plugs etc.

Thanks again for your help!
cmfarrell72
New

Post by cmfarrell72 »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:54 pm I can confirm that Haynes Owners Workshop Manual 4608 does cover the 1.9SDI engine, or at least it lists engine type ASY which it refers to as being the SDI(non-turbo) engine. If looking at a listing on ebay etc, please note that this book is dark brown in colour and not green as mentioned above, at least the version published in 2007 is brown. ISBN 978 1 84425 608 2 seems to be its book number.

Edit:- sorry I should have made it clear that this Haynes book is for the 9N Polo 2002 to 2005 in the case of my 2007 published version. No doubt a/the later version if it exists will take this 9N up to the end of its run in 2007(?).
Thanks so much for your reply. I actually found a copy of the manual you're referring to on Amazon. It's been very confusing trying to find the correct manual, so I really appreciate the help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08573 ... UTF8&psc=1

Here in the Dominican Republic they're very good about keeping vehicles running and squeezing every ounce of life out of them, but unfortunately this means you're probably buying a vehicle that has had multiple organ transplants from multiple donors - aka parts that "function" but aren't the correct match.

Since I'm probably not going to have success finding parts for this car in the US, can you recommend an online parts store that'll carry parts for this 2001 IV 9N diesel? Oil filters, glow plugs etc.

Thanks again for your help!