6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: 6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Post by ciclo »

The faults can be deleted with the Clear All DTCs button, If any of them is permanent you have to solve it.

Save your first autoscan as if it was gold. Save button. In this autoscan are the original codings of your Polo.
It will be saved in the Logs folder of the Ross-tech program.
chinesia75
New
Drives: VW POLO 6R

Post by chinesia75 »

hi Ciclo , the scan codes will have to copy them along with the long coding in the new bcm; quite right ? Thanks
drpudhi
New
Drives: polo GT TSI

Post by drpudhi »

Hi ciclo, this is regarding a CC retrofit on my 2013 polo 1.2 TSI WITH dsg. After proper installation and all the coding, my CC doesnot work still. Have attached a few screen shots.

Also, I have a GTI steering wheel with paddles retrofitted. But the trip buttons in it didn't work as the right wiper stalks had those and i was ok with it. Now, i bought this stalk ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Original-V ... true&rt=nc ), without trip buttons, in the hope that my steering wheel buttons will take over. But, after the install, my right side steering trip buttons still doesn't work. Is there any extra wiring that's to be done or am i missing something ?

The other issue i'm facing the central locking button both in the driver door and the key fob doesnot work, while the unlock button works. Am not sure why this is happening. Will be help full if you can throw some light.

firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

drpudhi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm After proper installation and all the coding, my CC doesnot work still.
Have you coded the cruise control at 01 Engine control unit (05 Byte 05 bit)?
drpudhi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm Also, I have a GTI steering wheel with paddles retrofitted. But the trip buttons in it didn't work as the right wiper stalks had those and i was ok with it.
On instrument clusters with red display doesn't work trip control through right buttons on multifunctional steering wheels. All Russian Polo Sedans with such clusters has the same issue. There are two ways:
1) replace the right stalk from old one (but it could be uncompatible so it is 50% success possibility)
2) replace the instrument cluster. Install MFA+(Maxidot) cluster.
drpudhi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm The other issue i'm facing the central locking button both in the driver door and the key fob doesnot work, while the unlock button works. Am not sure why this is happening. Will be help full if you can throw some light.
I suppose you have also changed the BCM. Have you deactivated the factory mode after installing? 09 centr.elect, 99 adaptation channel . The value should be 00.

Also red display cluster doesn't have cruise control light indicator. So while cruise control will work you will not see it. It is one more reason to install Mfa+ cluster
Last edited by firegrafik on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

maybe a full VCDS autoscan would be useful, so we can have a look.
if the factory mode would still be active (channel 99), this would show up as a DTC in the 09 module iirc. here there appear to be no DTCs in any module
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

drpudhi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm Hi ciclo,...
Hi drpudhi, welcome
Follow firegrafik instructions.
drpudhi
New
Drives: polo GT TSI

Post by drpudhi »

ciclo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm
drpudhi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 pm Hi ciclo,...
Hi drpudhi, welcome
Follow firegrafik instructions.
firegrafik wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm
Also red display cluster doesn't have cruise control light indicator. So while cruise control will work you will not see it. It is one more reason to install Mfa+ cluster
Thank you guys. The central locking issue was resolved with changing the factory mode. And the cruise control was not working because of a break in the power wire from the fuse. The wiring harness i got from aliexpress didn't have the wire to fuse and so i routed it separately which might have broken during installation. Changing the wire solved the issue. Now the CC works fine. The only issue now is the MFD buttons don't work. Looking at changing the cluster now.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thanks for letting us know your progress, firegrafik hit the nail.

Please keep us informed, thank you.
BARBUDO
New
Drives: Saveiro

Post by BARBUDO »

Hello friends, my name is Pablo, i'm from Argentina, sorry for my english. I have read the post like ten times now. I have not a polo but a Saveiro. It's a brazilian small pickup based in the **gol**(brazilian hatchback). I'm very interested in retrofiting CCS to my little blue. My pickup shares almost components whit polo, its a highline version called CROSS, but here in Argentina VW brought it without CCS from factory. I have researched all the necessary parts... stalk, cables, Elsawin diagrams, Ecu pin, BCM, fuse connector etc... I'm pretty ready to begin, but before buying the components i want to know if at moment of VCDS coding will I need an online code activation from the delearship. My model is Saveiro Cross, year 2017, manufactured on 2016 surely, the engine its called CNXA, BCM model 7E0 937 089 (PQ25), actually stalk is 5U0 953 503 AA and ring 6Q0 959 654 D, the needed STALK can be
5U0 953 503 AG or 6R5 953 507 B without rear wiper and TRIP. Any help is welcome, tomorrow tomorrow i'll upload photos and schemes. Thanks.
P1190264web.jpg
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hello Pablo, Bienvenido.

It is necessary to code the ECU (engine) and the BCM.
It is not necessary to do it in the VW dealer, you can code it with the VCDS cable.
Please post an Autoscan if you have VCDS.

Installation is easy once you have the correct parts and wires.
The PIN for CCS in your ECU CNXA is T121/69. (according Elsawin)

Waiting for that photos and schemes...

You have all my technical support to do it and you can be sure that it will work perfectly if you do things in the right way.
PS: I send you a private message so you can contact me in Spanish, if you prefer.

---
BARBUDO
New
Drives: Saveiro

Post by BARBUDO »

Thanks Ciclo! i don't find the way to reply your private message. I'm trying to find the right stalk i need, but only can buy in my country due to customs policies. I found some Stalks from Amarok, it's really complex to me understand VW codes, there are so many !!. The right one that i need is without rear wiper and without trip. I was watching 6R5953507B or (6R5953521F whit ring from factory), the other one is 7E0953507F or (7E0953503DB whit ring from factory) seems it's the new version, and yes, i need to change the ring. The concern i have is the little white connector that amaroks's stalk has in the upper part, my original stalk doesn't have it. On the other hand, i will have to manufacture my own loom (cables). Too much job to do, but in the end it will pay.
I don't know what it is for?
I don't know what it is for?
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

the white connector on top is nothing else than a coupling point for the wires to the TRIP computer and the intermittent wiper switch on top.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

@BARBUDO, everything you have said about references and combinations with rings is correct.
The different stalks - 5U0 vs 6R5 vs 7E0 - have specific rings and they are not interchangeable, ...you can install the combination you like the most.

As for the white connector nothing to worry (as iichel said), it's due the constructive characteristics of the model 7E0 (new model) with respect to 6R5 ("old model" - for understand us-).

There is another more interesting thing about all this.
You have to tell me what function has this position in your original windscreen wiper stalk.

Do you have VCDS? If yes, please post an Autoscan. In the codings there are the answers to some of the questions.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

If you can not post a VCDS autoscan.

Buy this one:
6R5953507B or (6R5953521F with ring from factory)

Image: https://http2.mlstatic.com/chave-seta-v ... 017-F.webp

:!: Don't buy the 7E0 model (until I check the autoscan) :!:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

this

it's not the same than this

Maybe you should add a new wire.
In Europe, what is shown in the first image is not common.