New Polo GTI+

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

New Polo GTI+

Post by johnpolo2 »

Received my tracker number today. So the journey begins..again. :wink:
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Re: New Polo GTI+

Post by WillWord »

Congrats, what is your build date.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

WillWord wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:39 am Congrats, what is your build date.
Thanks. Gone to stage 2 with the factory but no build date yet.
Good luck with your order too.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

Thanks, just gone to stage 3, build date 19th March, the waiting begins.
clidds
New
Drives: GTI+

Post by clidds »

I’ve just placed an order for an GTI+ with a couple of options and been quoted a delivery time of 20-25 weeks!!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

clidds wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm I’ve just placed an order for an GTI+ with a couple of options and been quoted a delivery time of 20-25 weeks!!
Presumably you think that’s a long time to wait, judging by your exclamation marks.

I can remember on one of the Golf forums when the mk7 Golf was launched, people who ordered their mk7 GTI’s when the order books first opened were waiting up to seven months from order date to delivery.

There can be many reasons for a lengthy wait from time of order to collecting your car;
  • There can be supply chain issues between VW and their suppliers for certain components. VW, like pretty much all motor vehicle manufacturers use the JIT (just in time) business model for vehicle production, and will only order all the component parts for each car once the order has been placed by the dealer and accepted by the factory. VW don’t have a large stock of parts on the shelf from which vehicles are built as that would tie up a significant amount of working capital.
  • VW wont issue a confirmed build date until all components/ parts have been ordered and suppliers confirm they can deliver them, and when they can be delivered. Once component / parts suppliers have provided this confirmation, VW can schedule the vehicle for production and confirm a build date.
  • As the Polo GTI has been getting pretty positive reviews in the motoring press, demand may be high, which could put a stain on production capacity at the factory. This happened when I ordered my mk6 Golf GTD in November 2010 and had an eight month wait to take delivery in July 2011 as VW had problems fulfilling customer orders in a timely manner.
  • For certain vehicle models, UK dealers have a monthly allocation of build slots. If they exceed their monthly allocation (they take more orders than they have build slots for in a particular month), any customer orders in excess of the monthly allocation are carried over to the next (or subsequent) month(s) before they can be placed with the factory.
  • It could be that VW build cars of a specific spec / model in batches. If they do, they may wait until there are sufficient right hand drive Polo GTI / GTI+ orders to make a batch before building them, which could add to timescales.
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

It seems quite a long wait but I’m sure it will be worth it :D

It does appear though that adaptive suspension is not an option that’s available to be ordered in the UK at the moment, despite being mentioned in many UK car reviews? My dealer was unable to say why it wasn’t an option, just that the system doesn’t show it as available currently.

Also I’d prefer to have a black roof/wing mirrors as some of the press cars have had but also been told this isn’t an option on UK cars despite being an option in some other countries.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, I’m sure the wait will be worth it.

I wondered why the Sport Select (adaptive suspension) didn’t appear in the options list for the GTI/GTI+. I have the Sports Performance Pack on my 6c Polo GTI and leave it in normal mode pretty much all the time, so personally, I wouldn’t be too upset if I didn’t have it in my next car.

Some markets also appear to offer the Beats Audio upgrade for the GTI / GTI+ but it’s not available in the UK (some of the left hand drive GTI launch pictures and videos show the Beats logo on the A pillar tweeter grilles).

According to the price list brochure, the black roof pack is available on the GTI but not the GTI+ (strange?); page 13 under ‘Style Packs’.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/com ... celist.pdf
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

clidds wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:44 pm I’ve just placed an order for an GTI+ with a couple of options and been quoted a delivery time of 20-25 weeks!!
Congratulations on your order.
This will be my 3rd GTI and the last 2 took 4 or 5 months from order to delivery so I know this will be no different. Though I'm prepared for it to be a little longer.
Trip1982
New
Drives: Polo 6r

Post by Trip1982 »

Ordered my GTi+ 3 weeks ago just got my order number today and it's with the factory. Estimated delivery date from the dealer was 6th May so if that's right then just 94 days to wait. Gonna be a long tough 3 month wait ha! Not that I am counting days
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

Anyone else really struggled to decide on interior trim? I like the red inserts as it’s very different for a VW to have some colour inside but equally in some videos/photos it looks a bit garish!

I ordered my car with the deep iron inserts, there’s very very limited pictures of them online but from the two I’ve been able to find I personally think it makes the cabin look slightly higher quality albeit not as fun as the red!
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

clidds wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 pm Anyone else really struggled to decide on interior trim? I like the red inserts as it’s very different for a VW to have some colour inside but equally in some videos/photos it looks a bit garish!

I ordered my car with the deep iron inserts, there’s very very limited pictures of them online but from the two I’ve been able to find I personally think it makes the cabin look slightly higher quality albeit not as fun as the red!
My understanding is despite there being a large variety of trims being available, the choice for a GTI is limited.
I could only have red with my limestone grey metallic. This may change in the future.
As I've said before, online the red looks garish but I have seen one for real and its a duller metallic red in reality. It isn't the same loud red of a postbox for example.
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

Yeah I understand it’s just deep iron and the red dash available on the GTI, I could only find one real photo of the GTI with a deep iron dash which is attached however there’s loads of photos/videos of the red dash, it just makes it quite hard to make a decision lol
Attachments
F1484F5E-57C7-4273-A458-8A08640B9633.jpeg
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Here’s one with the grey dash pad. Not sure if these are actual photos or a computer generated images, but it does give you a good idea of what the deep iron dash pad looks like. IMO it’s much more subtle than the red dash pad, and it would be my choice;

https://car-images.bauersecure.com/page ... scale=down

https://car-images.bauersecure.com/page ... scale=down

Edit; here’s a YouTube video of a Flash Red GTI+ with a deep iron dash pad. You can see the dash quite clearly from around 1min 40 sec to 2 mins in the video;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9cpNACAU0
clidds
New

Post by clidds »

Thanks for the video!

I’ve settled on a deep iron dash with pure white exterior. Also added the 18” wheels and climate control as options. Managed to secure a discount of £3,400 off the list price, received my tracking number a couple of days ago which is now working on the VW website but just shown at stage 1 currently.

I’ve also noticed both the online configurator and the VW website show sports select suspension as standard on the GTI+ model but in the brochure it just mentions sports suspension lowered by 15mm?