New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

Lets hope it wont be six weeks before you get it. Just out of interest when was it ordered?
Lewisoak
New
Drives: Polo GTi plus

Post by Lewisoak »

Ordered a Polo GTi plus on the 17/2/2018 and still haven’t received a build date.... garage has said that demand has exceeded VW’s expectation so I am unsure as to how long I will have to wait. But I’m sure it will be worth the wait!
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I ordered mine about two weeks ago but the salesman( an old friend of mine) said he had already ordered almost the exact colour and spec of the Gti + I wanted so I could have that car. The details of the spec could be changed at this time anyway.He would have ordered the car to be his demonstrator I presume. He said he would let me know when he got a firm build date but the provisional one was towards the end of May although that could change either way. I will post here when I get a firmer build date but it looks like a long wait I think. I keep feeding him magazines with tests of the Polo GTI to keep him on my side. At least he said they would honour the part ex deal we had made. Lets hope VW dont decide to whack up the price because the car is so popular. :(
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 pm At least he said they would honour the part ex deal we had made. Lets hope VW dont decide to whack up the price because the car is so popular. :(
When I was waiting for my mk6 Golf GTD to be built a few years ago (8 month wait from time of order to delivery!), the dealer honoured the deal on my part exchange. I also negotiated with the dealer for them to cover the servicing and maintenance costs on my trade in that I would incur after the expected delivery date of my new car, as I wouldn’t have incurred these costs if my new car had been delivered on time. The dealer picked up the cost of a cam belt change and MOT and half the cost of a service :D. VW also used to provide you with a free loan car (if you didn’t have a car to use) if you were still waiting for your new car 20 weeks after the factory had accepted your order. I don’t know if they still do this though, as it must be quite costly for them if there are lots of delayed orders.

If you’ve ordered a car and VW introduce a price increase before you take delivery, then I’m pretty certain the price you’ll pay is the price you agreed with the dealer at the time of order that’s shown on your order documentation (worth checking the small print in the terms and conditions on your order documentation). This has happened with two previous VW’s that I’ve ordered - there was a price increase between ordering and taking delivery - and as mine was an existing order, it didn’t apply to my car.
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

I ordered the car on the 5/1/2018 so the day it became available for order so I was at the front of the queue! I reckon it will be about about 8 weeks til I actually get my hands on it as it's 3-3.5 weeks-ish on the boat and 4 weeks from Emden to dealer depending on how busy the ports are but it should be hurried through as it's a demo and they get priority over stock but not over customer orders.

Cheers,

Joe
Lewisoak
New

Post by Lewisoak »

Update from my dealer, if you ordered your car before week 10 of the year your GTi's should take up to 26 weeks. if you ordered it after week 10 then the expected lead time is 42 weeks.
if you contact VW's customer service they will quote you with 42 weeks regardless of when you ordered the car. if anyone has a confirmed build week for their GTI would be interested to know when you ordered it.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Wow! 42 weeks is a long wait. Sounds a bit like the wait times when the mk7 Golf was launched. Hopefully, it’ll be worth the wait for people who’ve ordered and waiting patiently.

Glad I’m waiting a couple of years before I consider changing my existing GTI. Hopefully the situation will have improved by then................
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

We ordered ours on the 10 th February but still waiting for a firm build date. I hope it is not 42 weeks!!
Lewisoak
New

Post by Lewisoak »

barrywi wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 pm We ordered ours on the 10 th February but still waiting for a firm build date. I hope it is not 42 weeks!!
I ordered the same time as you! fancy keeping me updated on your progress and I will do the same for you!
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Placed my order on the 22nd of Feb and live chat estimated build week commencing the 28th May but we shall see what happens!
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Lewisoak wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm
barrywi wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 pm We ordered ours on the 10 th February but still waiting for a firm build date. I hope it is not 42 weeks!!
I ordered the same time as you! fancy keeping me updated on your progress and I will do the same for you!
Yes will do. I will ring the dealer later this week for an update.
Lewisoak
New

Post by Lewisoak »

Dan34 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm Placed my order on the 22nd of Feb and live chat estimated build week commencing the 28th May but we shall see what happens!
again do you mind keeping me updated on this please?
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Lewisoak wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm
Dan34 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm Placed my order on the 22nd of Feb and live chat estimated build week commencing the 28th May but we shall see what happens!
again do you mind keeping me updated on this please?
Of course! I've been watching the MK10 forum like a hawk since I ordered mine haha. Will keep you all updated throughout mine.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Patience is a virtue. I had to wait 8 months for my Golf R, while Rs ordered through the cheap lease deals were getting done in 3 months.

How long will I wait for a manual GTI+ once VW start allowing them to be ordered? Hopefully a lot less than that.
Lewisoak
New

Post by Lewisoak »

Had an update my car has been given an estimate build week of 22 (28th May) which is good news!