Driver Mode Selecton

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Driver Mode Selecton

Post by mike sel »

Hi has anyone got drive mode selection? if you have what choices does it give you?
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Re: Driver Mode Selecton

Post by alandbess »

I haven't had my car yet, but if it's the same as the Golf, there'll be eco, normal, sport and individual

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

alandbess wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 pm I haven't had my car yet, but if it's the same as the Golf, there'll be eco, normal, sport and individual

Yeah this is correct. Within individual you can use a slider to effect the dampener hardness as well as how reactive the steering is.
erxrx
New
Drives: Golf mk4/mk10 polo on the way

Post by erxrx »

Teras_UK wrote:
alandbess wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 pm I haven't had my car yet, but if it's the same as the Golf, there'll be eco, normal, sport and individual

Yeah this is correct. Within individual you can use a slider to effect the dampener hardness as well as how reactive the steering is.
It alters the throttle sensitivity too. It’s a very small difference, but after trying the different modes you can really feel the difference when accelerating from a standstill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Just a heads up to anyone who ordered a Polo with a driver mode that (at the time ) included eco sport normal and custom modes, the new configurator states you effectively get an eco setting. So even though its called Driver mode on the button the suggestion is you just get a glorified eco button.

has anyone picked up a POLO in the last few weeks with a driver mode Button ? and if so what are your available driver mode options?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mike, the current price list (page 17) still shows the four modes for the Driving Profile Selection option, so again (as with the Winter Pack), based on what you’ve said above, there are inconsistencies between the configurator and the price list.

I’d save a copy of the current price list that shows the four modes before VW update it and delete the current version, so you can use it in discussions with your dealer if you actually only get an ‘eco’ mode option.

Be prepared to get fobbed off (hopefully not) - VW attempt to cover themselves by printing a standard ‘get out’ clause in their brochures;

‘The prices and specifications contained in this price list are for information purposes only as our products are continually updated and changes may be made to the prices and specifications at any time. If you require any specific feature, please consult your authorised Volkswagen retailer who is regularly updated with any change in specification. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.’

If the content of the option has been reduced, then you’d expect the option to cost less, but it doesn’t.

I don’t think it’d be unreasonable to expect VW or the dealer to advise customers of any changes to the content of options if any changes are introduced; they have details of which options a customer has ordered so could easily auto-generate an email to the customer. But we know that VW don’t seem to be too good at communication though!
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:26 am Mike, the current price list (page 17) still shows the four modes for the Driving Profile Selection option, so again (as with the Winter Pack), based on what you’ve said above, there are inconsistencies between the configurator and the price list.

I’d save a copy of the current price list that shows the four modes before VW update it and delete the current version, so you can use it in discussions with your dealer if you actually only get an ‘eco’ mode option.

Be prepared to get fobbed off (hopefully not) - VW attempt to cover themselves by printing a standard ‘get out’ clause in their brochures;

‘The prices and specifications contained in this price list are for information purposes only as our products are continually updated and changes may be made to the prices and specifications at any time. If you require any specific feature, please consult your authorised Volkswagen retailer who is regularly updated with any change in specification. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.’

If the content of the option has been reduced, then you’d expect the option to cost less, but it doesn’t.

I don’t think it’d be unreasonable to expect VW or the dealer to advise customers of any changes to the content of options if any changes are introduced; they have details of which options a customer has ordered so could easily auto-generate an email to the customer. But we know that VW don’t seem to be too good at communication though!
Yea I'm hoping they have not changed Driver mode. Look, I don`t want to cause hassle, its just I hate being sold one thing and given another. Basically I am hoping once I inspect the car (I am not just Kicking tyres), I will carry out a reasonable inspection which includes the quality of build, the spec, the options, the deal. Then I will allow the dealer to show me the functions, how they work, pair my IPhone etc. IF the dealer thinks this is going to be just another Jo public turning up with stars in their eyes they will have a bit of a shock. I truly hope the only issues are the missing heated jets and headlight washers, if that's the case over the whole package then I will drive away Happy. IF on the other hand I have issues with the driver Mode options, as well as the winter pack then it will be a bit of a different story. ITs just me, I hate being treated like a MUG. If VW are up front and point the issues out to me and offer some compensation then, hey, I'm still a happy bunny, just a Happy bunny with no headlight washers and a driver mode that is no more than an eco button.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

This ^^. Chances are the car will be fine but mistakes do happen and best to get stuff you are not happy with noted asap. New cars are not cheap and you have right to be 100% happy. I speak as I find and do like VWs but have noticed they tend to be a tad tardy when updating info on spec changes to their cars....
Teras_UK
New
Drives: VW Scirocco, SEL Electric orange

Post by Teras_UK »

mike sel wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 am Just a heads up to anyone who ordered a Polo with a driver mode that (at the time ) included eco sport normal and custom modes, the new configurator states you effectively get an eco setting. So even though its called Driver mode on the button the suggestion is you just get a glorified eco button.

has anyone picked up a POLO in the last few weeks with a driver mode Button ? and if so what are your available driver mode options?
You get 4 modes one of which is eco.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Teras_UK wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm
mike sel wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 am Just a heads up to anyone who ordered a Polo with a driver mode that (at the time ) included eco sport normal and custom modes, the new configurator states you effectively get an eco setting. So even though its called Driver mode on the button the suggestion is you just get a glorified eco button.

You get 4 modes one of which is eco.
Thank you