Winter Pack?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Winter Pack?

Post by SRGTD »

At least you’ve now got official confirmation Jason, which provides clarification on winter pack content for you and other forum members who’ve ordered this option. Not really what you wanted to hear but as you say, it is what it is.

It does make you wonder how reliable VW live chat is as an information source, and whether or not the information being given out can be believed. I suspect they’re using the price list as their official information source for customer queries on vehicle spec and options, and if the price list is flawed (as we know it is), you may get inaccurate / incorrect advice.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Jason989 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 pm Not that this is a surprise, but Volkswagen UK have confirmed that the winter pack definitely does not contain headlight washers... pretty disappointed, I feel I could have put that money towards other options/packs but, it is what it is!
In some ways its not a bad thing. As long as I get my heated seats heater washer jests I'm happy. I would think with headlight washers it will empty the washer bottle quickly without a huge gain in headlight clarity, imho. only things is of course they said we would have them charged for them and are now not supplying them, so discount?
Jason989
New
Drives: MK10

Post by Jason989 »

mike sel wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 pm
Jason989 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 pm Not that this is a surprise, but Volkswagen UK have confirmed that the winter pack definitely does not contain headlight washers... pretty disappointed, I feel I could have put that money towards other options/packs but, it is what it is!
In some ways its not a bad thing. As long as I get my heated seats heater washer jests I'm happy. I would think with headlight washers it will empty the washer bottle quickly without a huge gain in headlight clarity, imho. only things is of course they said we would have them charged for them and are now not supplying them, so discount?
Not too sure if the washers are heated, they’re not mentioned on the configurator anymore. Yeah, I did reply to the email implying that I wanted some kinda discount/dealer fit option in place of them but, we’ll see.
Scottydoo45
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Scottydoo45 »

I basically just got winter pack for the heated seats, for an Aberdeen winter (or summer) they are a must...
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Jason989 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm
mike sel wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 pm
Not too sure if the washers are heated, they’re not mentioned on the configurator anymore. Yeah, I did reply to the email implying that I wanted some kinda discount/dealer fit option in place of them but, we’ll see.
I also think the heated washer jets have been removed from the winter pack Jason, and suspect the winter pack content is now just heated seats and low washer fluid warning as per the configurator.

Even if heated washer jets are still included, unless the washer fluid is at an appropriate concentration level to prevent it freezing in very cold / sub-zero temperatures, there’s a high probability it will freeze in the flexible piping between the washer bottle and washer jets, so if this happens, it won’t be possible to wash the screen, even with heated washer jets. IMO, if you’ve got winter strength washer fluid, you should be able to keep your screen clean without heated washer jets.

In your (and mike sel’s) position, I would certainly be looking to get either a discount and / or some freebies as compensation for the trimmed down content of the winter pack as the price list clearly stated headlamp washers and heated washer jets were included. I’d suggest you save a copy of the current price list that shows this before VW update it and delete the current version from the website, so you have evidence of what you understood you were getting and you can use it if needs be when you discuss discounts and freebies with your dealer.
Jason989
New
Drives: MK10

Post by Jason989 »

I agree about the heated washer jets to be honest, and I’m not overly bothered about them. So far, the dealer has been pretty poor with this whole issue.

I’ve taken screenshots of the price list and of the Facebook Messenger conversation I had with Volkswagen where they incorrectly stated the equipment included in the pack. I’ve included the screenshots in my most recent email to Volkswagen but, just currently awaiting a reply.

I’m not too sure what I’m expecting but, an offer of some kind would be welcomed.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Jason989 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 pm I agree about the heated washer jets to be honest, and I’m not overly bothered about them. So far, the dealer has been pretty poor with this whole issue.

I’ve taken screenshots of the price list and of the Facebook Messenger conversation I had with Volkswagen where they incorrectly stated the equipment included in the pack. I’ve included the screenshots in my most recent email to Volkswagen but, just currently awaiting a reply.

I’m not too sure what I’m expecting but, an offer of some kind would be welcomed.
I agree with you. TBH I just wanted the heated seats, I don't need a washer bottle low warning light, I would need one IF the headlight washers were there caus they would use the water quicker. But a pack that once included heated seats, headlight washers heated jets and a low level warning and then without warning or refund cut the pack to heated seats, then throw a low washer warning is misleading and goes against trading standards in the UK & EU.

Same goes with my other option, driver mode. I was sold Normal, Sport, Eco, Custom. If I just get an eco button (which the new specs says you will) then I have been miss sold.

So that`s £285 winter pack and £115 driver mode. £400 that (if I have been miss sold) frankly I want back. In any other high street retailer IF they promised me something and on that basis I spent £425 and only got some of it I would have a super case against the retailer. So why not VW ? they are the retailer in this case.

I get my car in a week or two, when I do I will expect the dealer to demonstrate the driver mode (all 4 options) and the winter pack and show me how the headlight washers work and put in writing that the jets are heated. I'm not a complete jerk, I would totally get it if there was a simple slip up and the driver mode had all 4 options and the winter pack was just missing the headlight washers but to be miss sold two packs that were cut from 4 items each to jut 3 in total is a different story. its false advertisement.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I thought that VW Group had written into their sales blurb a lot of tosh about changing specs and prices which indicates that you the buyer will always benefits from changes, maybe you have not read deeply enough into these changes to understand how lucky you have become as a result of these changes (written with tongue in cheek).
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

RUM4MO wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:03 am I thought that VW Group had written into their sales blurb a lot of tosh about changing specs and prices which indicates that you the buyer will always benefits from changes, maybe you have not read deeply enough into these changes to understand how lucky you have become as a result of these changes (written with tongue in cheek).
yes I am sure I will be very fortunate not to have headlight washers or heated washer jets, I should probably have been charged more for not having them. I do feel lucky now and as for sport mode missing VW probably will have saved my life! :roll: