Lambda Sensor Wiring - 9N3 GTI

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Smo
New

Lambda Sensor Wiring - 9N3 GTI

Post by Smo »

Afternoon Guys,

First post here, so hello!

Quick question...

Can anyone tell me how the lambda sensor wiring is routed in their 9N3 GTI? I can see it comes out of the engine bay loom near the brake servo and is wrapped up in a hard plastic bit of trunking, but where does this trunking clip to and where does the wiring run down to? Obviously both connectors (for pre- and post- cat) go into a housing with some drain slots in it, but again I'd like to know exactly where this mounts?

Just to explain a little more... This is a 1.8T conversion into a 9N, so unfortunately I have no previous routing or anything to go by, sadly. If anyone has any photos of the underside of their 9N3 GTI (or Cupra or FR), that'd be amazing help (and also where the wiring goes up in the engine bay). I've been looking on the internet and can't find any decent photos of the exact locations and routes to use as a guide... I'm a bit OCD so want everything as factory :wink:

Cheers!
Simon
Smo
New

Re: Lambda Sensor Wiring - 9N3 GTI

Post by Smo »

Ok, been hunting down photos while waiting to get my hair cut and sussed out part of it...

The bit up by the brake servo I can see now clips to the master cylinder nut/mount; it's actually shaped for it so now seems pretty obvious! So this runs the hard plastic trunking straight down by the air con pipes. From here I'm guessing it then runs under the floor, however I'm still yet to find the exact location of the connection 'tub'. If anyone has any photos, it'd be massively appreciated! In the meantime I shall keep looking!