Brake fluid cock up.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Takaboby
New
Drives: 2013 1.4 polo match 6r

Brake fluid cock up.

Post by Takaboby »

Hi. I Use the eezibleed for brakes/clutch. I recently did the fluid as per RF,RL,RR,RL and clutch. Problem is, I started RF then discovered the bottle internal tube was off. I de-pressurised and sorted, then continued and finished all bleeding. I now have spongy brakes! The question - can I re-bleed RF to remedy the problem, or will Ihave to do the whole system again.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Brake fluid cock up.

Post by iichel »

its hard to say where your problem exists, either between the servo and the ABS unit or between the ABS unit and RF.
Since brakes are a big safety thing, I would do it all over again. It's a bit of a pain but safety first.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Now that made me go and check my Eezibleeders (3 in total, replaced when previous one failed to seal properly) and I can see that they all have the fluid O/P pipe push fitted into the cap of the container, hum, so you missed a small detail during preparing for that job!

Anyway, as above, buy another litre of fluid and repeat that task from the start, if that does not work, then either you need access to VCDS to purge introduced air from the ABS valve block - or drive to a garage that can "talk" to the ABS pump to do that.
Takaboby
New
Drives: 2013 1.4 polo match 6r

Post by Takaboby »

Thanks guys. I’ll do the full bleed and hope that solves it.