Polo 6R/6C Photo Gallery

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Re: Polo 6R/6C Photo Gallery

Post by veteran »

But the seating comfort isn't really any different than the cloth highline seats.

It might transpire that my best line of attack would be to find an auto upholsterer who could fit more-comfortable padding in the existing seat squab (or just more of it!), not only eliminating that criminally-bad deep slope where the squab meets the backrest but also removing my being able to feel, through my nether regions, the steel cabling underneath the existing padding (which is leaving an indented pattern in my rear end! I'd show you a pic if it weren't prohibited to put you off your next meal!). Trouble is, to have that done I'd be without the car for several days, maybe longer, and I've no other means of getting around. Also, anything that's done to the seat in that regard must not interfere with the airbag. Mine aren't heated seats, BTW.

As a general comment, I've been highly disappointed to find VW producing cars in this day and age with seats that are so, so uncomfortable. It wasn't always like that, mind you. Well, why did you buy the car, you might ask? Answer: for other reasons. And unfortunately, a 30-minute test drive is usually quite insufficient to evaluate the longterm comfort of the seat(s), as your concentration naturally tends to be on other things. Over some decades now, VW's attitude to the seating seems to have taken a downward dive. Right now, they even get the basics wrong. Honestly, producing a badly-designed car seat should be deemed a crime against humanity.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

I have the OEM Alcantara seats in my Blue GT, 2014. More than happy with them. And they still look great.
I am 188 cm high and weighs +/- 81 kg.
duffman
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by duffman »

Had a drive up to Scotland a couple of months ago

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

8)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

had a quick detour though the hills to snap some nice pictures.

Black6c
Getting There!
Drives: 6c 1.2 (110) TSI DSG

Post by Black6c »

peter_dk25 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:19 am I have the OEM Alcantara seats in my Blue GT, 2014. More than happy with them. And they still look great.
I am 188 cm high and weighs +/- 81 kg.
Do they have lumbar support? Mine has cloth seats and any trip longer than an hour or so is unbearable! I'm about the same dimensions as you btw. P.S - I have a big trip coming up with some friends and we plan to take a lot of pillows and other stuff to help this situation. :oops:
LawrenceDGraham
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2016

Post by LawrenceDGraham »

image.jpeg
w
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is my polo gti all been done is new 3D gel plates so far got a stage 1 map booked in and a popcorn map due soon so anyone got ideas about cheapish coils for these polos?
rob43
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by rob43 »

Picked this up at the weekend, loving the car so far

After a good wash & wax
After a good wash & wax
3.jpg
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Here’s a good wash and wax and next is a 3 stage machine polish but that will be after the holidays :D
Attachments
70A319A9-84AB-42D3-B307-041C829F1940.jpeg
redpolo6r
New
Drives: @redpolo6r

Post by redpolo6r »

You can see my 6R on IG @redpolo6r
redpolo6r_1.JPG
GTI grill with glossy black mask and bumper grills
redpolo6r_2.JPG
glossy black/red VW badge and removed wiper
redpolo6r_3.JPG
1.6TDI 66kw before and now 100kw+
redpolo6r_4.jpg
little interior mods, now i m waitnig for RCD330
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

veteran wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:56 pm But the seating comfort isn't really any different than the cloth highline seats.

It might transpire that my best line of attack would be to find an auto upholsterer who could fit more-comfortable padding in the existing seat squab (or just more of it!), not only eliminating that criminally-bad deep slope where the squab meets the backrest but also removing my being able to feel, through my nether regions, the steel cabling underneath the existing padding (which is leaving an indented pattern in my rear end! I'd show you a pic if it weren't prohibited to put you off your next meal!). Trouble is, to have that done I'd be without the car for several days, maybe longer, and I've no other means of getting around. Also, anything that's done to the seat in that regard must not interfere with the airbag. Mine aren't heated seats, BTW.

As a general comment, I've been highly disappointed to find VW producing cars in this day and age with seats that are so, so uncomfortable. It wasn't always like that, mind you. Well, why did you buy the car, you might ask? Answer: for other reasons. And unfortunately, a 30-minute test drive is usually quite insufficient to evaluate the longterm comfort of the seat(s), as your concentration naturally tends to be on other things. Over some decades now, VW's attitude to the seating seems to have taken a downward dive. Right now, they even get the basics wrong. Honestly, producing a badly-designed car seat should be deemed a crime against humanity.
You have to remember it's a cheap car, and the Polo is the higher end of luxury of the supermini class. If you want better seats I'd say try a polo GTI seats as they'll be the most comfortable in the range for straight swap (Audi A1 seats are harder) or get some custom rails made and fit Golf GTD/GTI seats they're very comfortable.
FAYBAE
Getting There!
Drives: 6C POLO GT DSG

Post by FAYBAE »

A2F21B9A-A11F-45BD-9129-EE55F43691BC.jpeg
D8A01A14-DFBB-4421-9657-6CE6E5F4991A.jpeg
E799F3D1-9FF6-455D-820E-BB365A5E431B.jpeg
10k on the clock 🙊

Gloss black roof, privacy tints, coilovers, miltek cat back, gloss black badges, carbon gel resin private plates all coming.

Cheers
J&F
Bammers01
New
Drives: BlueGT

Post by Bammers01 »

BlueGT. Fully loaded. Couldn’t believe the cost of extras!
However, it’s now debadged after 18 months, what to do next...?
Attachments
10184339-8AA7-4254-8DFD-B6121D40E5DD.jpeg
677DC2AA-1FE7-4D38-A4B9-6AA43AB445D2.jpeg
FAYBAE
Getting There!
Drives: 6C POLO GT DSG

Post by FAYBAE »

Bammers01 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 pm BlueGT. Fully loaded. Couldn’t believe the cost of extras!

Sadly not much performance wise because they don’t do much at all not even air filters!! I heard the GTI exhausts from Miltek should be a pretty straight fit!

Looks good in black!

Is it DSG?
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Post by ORiOn »

FAYBAE wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:57 pm
Bammers01 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 pm BlueGT. Fully loaded. Couldn’t believe the cost of extras!

Sadly not much performance wise because they don’t do much at all not even air filters!! I heard the GTI exhausts from Miltek should be a pretty straight fit!

Looks good in black!

Is it DSG?
Yes there is... Remap... Intakes... Exhaust... Etc...

Just look at my BlueGT... :twisted: