New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

I think it is very kind of vw to offer this 2 for1 deal, its a shame I couldnt order a different colour for the second car.....wherever it may be. I will chase it/ them up later today to see if either of them are on a ship.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

VW app has just updated again and now it’s gone back to just started to build, don’t know why they even bother with this app as it’s totally useless and creates more workload for the live chat.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm :D No problem with where you live, I am based near Grange over Sands at Lindale not far from junction 36.
I will keep posting here when I get it. I am retired so have plenty of time to do the chasing. Chances are that our cars are on the same boat fingers crossed.
Cheers Andy
I'm a Cumbrian lad, exiled to Berkshire these days. My Sister has a smallholding near Gosforth, so I have the benefit of enjoying those Cumbrian Roads every once in a while. :D
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cadwest wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 am VW app has just updated again and now it’s gone back to just started to build, don’t know why they even bother with this app as it’s totally useless and creates more workload for the live chat.
Mine hasn't reverted, still in transit from this morning.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

No change from with the factory for me....
Looks like sometime after the factory reopens in August for me now....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

alandbess wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:14 pm No change from with the factory for me....
Looks like sometime after the factory reopens in August for me now....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I suspect that we are in the realms of everything pre WLTP having been built with no new Build weeks confirmed until WLTP ready cars are a a thing, unless someone can confirm that they have a Build week confirmed?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 pm Snip - Snip It feels like British Leyland in the 70 s to me, not what you expect from a German company.
Funny you should say that, I have never ever been a BMC>BL>Rover believer, but, maybe it was some of the old BMC management that the British army sent over to get VW back and running after WW2, also, given that that was done by the British army, why did not some of the proper way of doing things get offered to BMC>BL>Rover so that we might all be proudly driving around in our slightly superior UK designed and manufactured cars - we (British) really are a bunch of losers/wasters?
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:34 pm
barrywi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 pm Snip - Snip It feels like British Leyland in the 70 s to me, not what you expect from a German company.
Funny you should say that, I have never ever been a BMC>BL>Rover believer, but, maybe it was some of the old BMC management that the British army sent over to get VW back and running after WW2, also, given that that was done by the British army, why did not some of the proper way of doing things get offered to BMC>BL>Rover so that we might all be proudly driving around in our slightly superior UK designed and manufactured cars - we (British) really are a bunch of losers/wasters?
Because British industry was used to having a large market (the Empire), with cheap materials (from the Empire), and we were penalised by having to pay for British troops to be stationed in West Germany. The West Germans and Japanese were able to rebuild from scratch, with no obligation to pay large sums of money for an army, since they were largely forbidden from doing so. And we were paying off large sums of money to America for the weapons and equipment they sent us during WW2.

Sadly we do still seem to have a somewhat jaded attitude to engineering. Were I to work in France or Germany I would be paid significantly more. And were I to work in the US, I'd be even better paid to the point of being quite wealthy. Whereas here the slimy fat cat managers cream off the money and engineers are low grade operatives. The last company I was at, the management had bought it out, and were on course to make millions each. Meanwhile they froze workers's salaries, to reduce 'overheads', and maximise profits come the sale. Oddly enough the best people left.
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

Hi
I've just tried to order a GTi+ (18" wheel upgrade and iron dash pads) and have been told it'll take up to 36 weeks for delivery :shock: - probably have another car between now and then?

if you place an order and get a p/x valuation at time of order then obviously the p/x value will go down - so how can they give a figure at time of order?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

The dealer has said they will honour the trade in price given for our UP on Feb 10 th and the car will not be here for another 8 weeks ...if it has been built, difficult to say with the condition of the App at the moment. The garage paid for the UPs mot and though a service is due now they said do not worry as we do low miles.
Not sure how many weeks between our order and potential delivery but pressure your garage to do the same or walk away.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Leif wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:54 pm Snip - Snip - -
Sadly we do still seem to have a somewhat jaded attitude to engineering. Were I to work in France or Germany I would be paid significantly more. And were I to work in the US, I'd be even better paid to the point of being quite wealthy. Whereas here the slimy fat cat managers cream off the money and engineers are low grade operatives. The last company I was at, the management had bought it out, and were on course to make millions each. Meanwhile they froze workers's salaries, to reduce 'overheads', and maximise profits come the sale. Oddly enough the best people left.
Yup, spent my entire working life in engineering, in test and environmental test, initially things were okay as it was a "general engineering" company who provided solutions to defense sector and then manufactured kit for them, laterly managers had become young people with very little in the way of reasonablely relevant university degrees and mainly wore pointy shoes, that seemed to work but you can only reduce the number of people providing an actual physical output so far. Anyway, recently they advertised for someone to work within environmental test, while the job advert was spot on, most of the applicants were tree huggers!! As you said "we" do have a jaded attitude to engineering and even worse some people seeking new employment don't even understand the term "environmental test". Possibly "job search engines" caused a bit of that mess up, again UK has not much awareness/knowledge of engineering.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

I think the problem is greed and a lack of respect for engineers. I currently work for a lovely small company. The directors will become very wealthy when it’s sold, but I do challenging work, and I have a decent salary. We get share options too. Sadly such companies are rare in the UK. In Germany small companies are common, and the managers tend not to sell up after ten years, but keep it, and respect the workers. Most of my contemporaries at uni went into merchant banks!
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Barrywi: Any news on your car's shipping arrangements? As we both got the 5a tracker update on the same day then i'd expect we're on the same boat.

For the hard done to Engineers, you're not the only ones. Scientific jobs in general are poorly paid in the UK for the qualifications and experience required (speaking as a Chemistry graduate in the Pharma industry), As a job seeker, you'll find tgat good pension schemes are few and far between, and at interviews the onus is "how cheaply can we get you for?". The country is broken.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:26 am Barrywi: Any news on your car's shipping arrangements? As we both got the 5a tracker update on the same day then i'd expect we're on the same boat.

For the hard done to Engineers, you're not the only ones. Scientific jobs in general are poorly paid in the UK for the qualifications and experience required (speaking as a Chemistry graduate in the Pharma industry), As a job seeker, you'll find tgat good pension schemes are few and far between, and at interviews the onus is "how cheaply can we get you for?". The country is broken.
I sympathise with this as a fellow chemistry graduate and you Pharma boys usually get paid more than us non-pharma product development chemists. Seem to get paid less than the people in Marketing who come up with bonkers ideas and make hundreds of mistakes that we have to fix. If I had the same job in another country I'd be on far more. The only good news is companies seem to want to hang onto their chemists and I've wrangled decent money from threatening to leave with my experience.
george2596
New
Drives: Polo 63plate

Post by george2596 »

Hi all,

Can someone help me before I go absolutely crazy haha. My new shape Polo R Line is on the Galaxy Ace departed 11th June and is expected 25th June but according to my correspondence with customer services, they are looking at 2nd July for it to dock. My dealership - Peter Cooper are expecting me to PICK UP the car BY the 15th July which is far far far fetched if I'm honest...

Volkswagen Customer Services have told me that my expected pick up is 20th August.

Also to note that my car's expected delivery was 30th April...

Can anyone tell me what timescales are involved, for e.g. when the car gets off the boat from SA, how long will it be kept at the port before it is put back on a boat to Sheerness, and also when it arrives in Sheerness, how long will it wait there before a transport order is warranted for it to be taken to my dealership? I have read (not sure if it was this thread or another one) that someone's car waited in Sheerness for three weeks till it was actually loaded onto a transporter and was delivered to the dealership.

Also, from what I can see, this boat is on route to Vigo in Spain. According to Customer Services, the car should going to Emden?? I'm beyond confused. Any ideas where this b****y car will be haha

I'd drive to Sheerness and pick it up myself if that was allowed! This process and lack of communication is ridiculous, and its always me getting in contact with Customer Services.

Can anyone shed some light with regards to timescales. I have a meeting at the dealership on Friday to discuss this in depth.

Thanks!