Number plate LEDs

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Number plate LEDs

Post by Robby71 »

Ok so i've now tried 4 pairs of LEDs for the number plate bulbs and even though all state they are canbus compatible they have all put on the dash warning to check number plate bulbs :(

Does anyone know which bulbs do not bring on the dash warning as i'm getting fed up ordering, waiting a week for delivery and finding the new bulbs are just as bad :?:

Thanks
Tombirch95
Getting There!
Drives: 2011 Polo Match 1.2 TDI

Re: Number plate LEDs

Post by Tombirch95 »

Robby71 wrote:Ok so i've now tried 4 pairs of LEDs for the number plate bulbs and even though all state they are canbus compatible they have all put on the dash warning to check number plate bulbs :(

Does anyone know which bulbs do not bring on the dash warning as i'm getting fed up ordering, waiting a week for delivery and finding the new bulbs are just as bad :?:

Thanks
I bought a pair of SMD bulbs from amazon that stated they where canbus compatible, in the end I just disabled the warning using VCDS just make sure to check the lights every now and then, not that you can miss them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EdgardoRodriguez
Getting There!
Drives: other

Post by EdgardoRodriguez »

Robby71 wrote:Ok so i've now tried 4 pairs of LEDs for the number plate bulbs and even though all state they are canbus compatible they have all put on the dash warning to check number plate bulbs :(

Thanks
Canbus LED lights is a missconception, they have no can capabilities. They use a resistor in series just to emulate the current drawn from a regular incandescent bulb. So you will be using or precisely wasting current and generating hear for nothing..
But ok, I know with vcds (because I did it with a pair of osram led bulbs) that you can tell the BCM module if plate lights are regular or led style.
From my notes the following should solve your issue:
Byte 27-bit 0 -> checked

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Byte11 Bit7 -->1
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

weird thing happening now - same led bulbs in and no warnings on dash anymore :shock:
FAYBAE
Getting There!
Drives: 6C POLO GT DSG

Post by FAYBAE »

I'd go OEM plate bulbs, the aftermarket ones are stupid bright so much so it kind of obscures the numberplate ha! I've had these in the past and i'd never buy another aftermarket pair. Never had issues with CANBUS tho. :D