First UK Test of the Polo GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

First UK Test of the Polo GTI

Post by roywolfey »

johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: First UK Test of the Polo GTI

Post by johnpolo2 »

Mr Knight no less ;)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:04 pm Mr Knight no less ;)

Yes! I thought I recognised the registration number at the start of the video as being Joe’s car.
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

That's me! Hope you liked the video :D
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 pm That's me! Hope you liked the video :D
Yes, I did. Well done! 👍
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

joeknight94 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 pm That's me! Hope you liked the video :D
Great video. Enjoyed the overview of the infotainment system. Thanks. :D

One question:
Do the cars come with VW cable to connect to your phone or do I need to order as an accessory?
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I enjoyed the video too. Nicely presented from both chaps. Just wish VW's attitude towards its customers were as enthusiastic as the sales person.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

At one point the 'salesman' talks about 'Model year changes' :: It will be interesting the see just what they change on a model which was only released in January …. :o
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

joeknight94 wrote:That's me! Hope you liked the video :D
Very good! Next stop 'Top Gear'. [emoji1]

stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Good, enjoyable test without too much waffle, Top Gear could do a lot worse. Interesting about the 2D VW badge, thought VW were being cheap, but a good idea placing the sensor built-in behind it. Wasn't over-fussed 'bout the AID but warming to it a bit. I assume the car was not returned and bagged for one's self, they are still rare as. And that cool shirt was literally nicked off the sales guy's back :lol: : ....
joeknight94
New

Post by joeknight94 »

roywolfey wrote:
Great video. Enjoyed the overview of the infotainment system. Thanks. :D

One question:
Do the cars come with VW cable to connect to your phone or do I need to order as an accessory?

You should receive a cable for your phone on handover, I have to give one to each new car customer now. It’s a nice touch on handover [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joeknight94
New

Post by joeknight94 »

stevereeves wrote:Good, enjoyable test without too much waffle, Top Gear could do a lot worse. Interesting about the 2D VW badge, thought VW were being cheap, but a good idea placing the sensor built-in behind it. Wasn't over-fussed 'bout the AID but warming to it a bit. I assume the car was not returned and bagged for one's self, they are still rare as. And that cool shirt was literally nicked off the sales guy's back :lol: : ....
It’s my demo, really enjoying the car, just hit 620 miles (1000km) and it’s like someone has flicked a switch, it now feels as quick as a Golf GTI

SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 pm
stevereeves wrote:Good, enjoyable test without too much waffle, Top Gear could do a lot worse. Interesting about the 2D VW badge, thought VW were being cheap, but a good idea placing the sensor built-in behind it. Wasn't over-fussed 'bout the AID but warming to it a bit. I assume the car was not returned and bagged for one's self, they are still rare as. And that cool shirt was literally nicked off the sales guy's back :lol: : ....
It’s my demo, really enjoying the car, just hit 620 miles (1000km) and it’s like someone has flicked a switch, it now feels as quick as a Golf GTI

I’ve read on other VW forums that it’s suspected VW apply a running in restriction via software to restrict power during the first 620 miles / 1,000 km, as many owners notice a step change in performance at this mileage.
MrLems
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by MrLems »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:13 am

I’ve read on other VW forums that it’s suspected VW apply a running in restriction via software to restrict power during the first 620 miles / 1,000 km, as many owners notice a step change in performance at this mileage.
I better hurry up and drive 620 miles then! 400 more to go ...
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

MrLems wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:55 pm
SRGTD wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:13 am

I better hurry up and drive 620 miles then! 400 more to go ...
And it’ll be such a chore to drive those 400 miles (not!) 😄. I’m sure you’ll manage it!