Bit late to the party!! Voice control activation question

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bammers01
New
Drives: BlueGT

Bit late to the party!! Voice control activation question

Post by Bammers01 »

Hi, I seem to be a bit late to the party! Collected my BlueGT about 18 months ago and am loving it! Just the right mix of performance and economy.
My question is, I loaded everything except the “auto brake/adaptive cruise” and sat-nav (I use the Apple CarPlay). Hence I don’t have the voice control, it advises I need a code to active this. Is there an easy way to get this code, or do I ask the dealer and get my bank balanced reduced by a huge amount?
I’ve added a few pics of the car, what do you all think?
Attachments
82C84AD3-1D63-47F0-9DB5-A58BD50718C7.jpeg
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Bit late to the party!! Voice control activation question

Post by iichel »

I'm afraid the dealer/bank account option is the only possibility, since it's a SWaP (SoftWare As Product) or Software At a Price, as we call it...
Bammers01
New

Post by Bammers01 »

That’s a shame, thanks for responding though. Any idea how much it’s likely to be? If it’s sill I’ll just stick to the Apple CarPlay! Suppose I’m just being greedy!
I’ve debadged it now, nothing external at all, thinking about the chrome tail pipes, are they still available from the dealer or do I look at online auction sites..?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I really don't know how much it will be, I guess about the same price as the option when purchasing it is.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

It'll be double what it would be if ordered from factory if app connect is anything to go by.

£100 from factory or £200+ as a retrofit
Bammers01
New

Post by Bammers01 »

Thanks for that! Maybe I won’t bother!! Just dislike having blank buttons etc lol!
Danm99
New
Drives: 6r

Post by Danm99 »

I took mine to Volkswagen in Stoke on Trent where they gave me a quote of £280 to activate the license for Apple car play. When I booked my appointment I got there and they said they can’t do it on my car (I have a 1.2 r line 2017 plate) all because when I click the voice command button on my steering wheel it says on my dashboard “Voice Control is not supported” hope this gives you some insight.

They said that I may be able to get it done else where 3rd party, I don’t know if anyone knows anywhere that could do this?
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Danm99 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am I took mine to Volkswagen in Stoke on Trent where they gave me a quote of £280 to activate the license for Apple car play. When I booked my appointment I got there and they said they can’t do it on my car (I have a 1.2 r line 2017 plate) all because when I click the voice command button on my steering wheel it says on my dashboard “Voice Control is not supported” hope this gives you some insight.

They said that I may be able to get it done else where 3rd party, I don’t know if anyone knows anywhere that could do this?
Have a look at this thread
Bammers01
New

Post by Bammers01 »

That’s interesting because I get the same message, but I have Apple CarPlay already!
Danm99
New
Drives: 6r

Post by Danm99 »

My infotainment system is 3Q0035820B and after searching online I don’t think it’s possible to get either app connect or Apple car play. Bloody annoying because I always have trouble with the dealers they’re sh*t
Bammers01
New

Post by Bammers01 »

Of all the things I added to the car, which was everything except the sat nav and the auto brake/adaptive cruise, the Apple CarPlay is definitely the one I could not do without!
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Danm99 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:51 am My infotainment system is 3Q0035820B and after searching online I don’t think it’s possible to get either app connect or Apple car play. Bloody annoying because I always have trouble with the dealers they’re sh*t
it is possible just not as straight forward as just getting the code
Jeffrock101
New
Drives: Tdi se

Post by Jeffrock101 »

Dink wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:57 pm
Danm99 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:51 am My infotainment system is 3Q0035820B and after searching online I don’t think it’s possible to get either app connect or Apple car play. Bloody annoying because I always have trouble with the dealers they’re sh*t
it is possible just not as straight forward as just getting the code
How to do it? I have 3Q0035820B as well and want a carplay or mirrorlink on it
Dink
Platinum Member

Post by Dink »

Jeffrock101 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:15 am
How to do it? I have 3Q0035820B as well and want a carplay or mirrorlink on it
the only way is to replace the unit in the glovebox with a compatible unit (i really wouldn't bother with mirrorlink)