New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Poachersun »

2 questions:

1 - anyone ordered early June have a build date or eta yet?
2 - Anyone have access to the owners manual, say in PDF form? Keen to have a read while i wait patiently :)
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Reply to your question 1.
I ordered mine on 23rd May 2018. I got an email from the dealers telling me that my build date will be week 45 which is week starting 5th November 2018.
You might be lucky for to get it by late January 2019. Even on the tracker it's only in box 2. The orders reached the factory
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

richl123 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:28 pm Quick question for those have have one, can you get oil temp on the DIS?
Yes you can. It'll read "___" before you hit 50C, but thereafter you can see it if you scroll to that in the menu.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

silverhairs wrote:Reply to your question 1.
I ordered mine on 23rd May 2018. I got an email from the dealers telling me that my build date will be week 45 which is week starting 5th November 2018.
You might be lucky for to get it by late January 2019. Even on the tracker it's only in box 2. The orders reached the factory
@silverhairs How did you get that info from your dealer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Poachersun wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 am 2 questions:

I ordered mine on the 4th June, no build date as yet, I would imagine I will receive that info sometime before the end of August.
Gavlar25
New
Drives: VW Caddy, Polo GTI+ on order

Post by Gavlar25 »

I ordered mine on 9th of May no build date yet :(
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

I ordered my 115 SEL DSG on the 23rd May and the dealer has emailed me that my build date is week 45, so it's about the 2nd week in November. Then you have 6 to 8 weeks shipping, then it's got to be delivered to your dealer.

Hope this is some help?
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Good luck. I've been waiting since 5th Feb. Phoned VW today and nothing! The way he talked was not to expect a notification of a build date soon.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Poachersun wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 am 2 questions:

2 - Anyone have access to the owners manual, say in PDF form? Keen to have a read while i wait patiently :)
I tried to get a manual before my gti came but with no success, seems daft that you cannot get a pdf.
Patience will help in your wait for the car. I got mine a week ago after a Feb 10 th order( just lucky in ordering at the right time) My dealer is still waiting for his demo so my car is the only one in the area. VW support are not good as I asked several times for them to tell me which ship the car was on so that I could watch on a ship tracker its progress. First I was told it was on one of two named ships so I followed both of them only to be told later it was on a following ship. I picked it up on the tracker at a port in Angola ( I think) so was able to follow it to Emden as time ticked on. I never did get to know which ship it would be on to the UK even though they had previously said that the could tell me once it was in Germany.
The VW app is usually days behind reality, and I was driving my car before the app said it was at the dealer. VW took headlamp washers and heated water jets from the spec, but I looked recently and they were still showing on line in the brochure. The dealer is chasing a rebate for that.
VW UK told me months a go that the South African factory was going to close for two months, VW SA said it was still open. Luckily they got my car out in time to meet VWs deadline of August 15 th, Due the WLTP situation( a whole other story that is!)
The good news is that my dealer has been great , and the car is also great, though I have not pushed it performance wise yet.
Good luck with your journey and never believe anything that VW UK tell you, then you will not be disappointed.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:30 pm Good luck with your journey and never believe anything that VW UK tell you, then you will not be disappointed.
The OP’ location is New Zealand, although I doubt the process from time of ordering the car through to delivery will be any slicker / quicker. VW NZ may be more helpful and informative then VW UK though.
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

We have quite a few here now with most of the main VW dealers in NZ, White, Black, Red and Blue colours (i should have waited and got the demo version, i would have missed out on the 18"mags though).
Probably 8-12 here.

I have been informed and they claim they were informed by VW NZ that i will get it end of October, hence why i have been asking. Because if they can't get it to me by then/early November ill have to consider something else.

Unfortunately i paid a 10% deposit and the contract is like set in stone, impossible to get out of. But we will see.

I am not generally a patient person lol..
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Most of the technical workshop data and VW training manuals can be found on VWerwin https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showSearchArticle.do however this is a paid for service.
As for the oil temperature, if you have access to VCDS (VAGcom) you can read the oil temp there
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

The oil temperature is an option on the drivers display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

alandbess wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:33 am
silverhairs wrote:Reply to your question 1.
@silverhairs How did you get that info from your dealer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The sales guy who dealt with my purchase sent me an email, it was one of them selfie type emails (not my style really) but said that they have been told that my Polo build week was week 45
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Got a call from VW UK today after my complaint about the lack of a comprehensive paper manual for the sat nav. He said that things are moving to the electronic systems nowadays and that you can find manuals under the owners section of their website.
I was half asleep when he rang but gave it one more try. Labelled helpful videos re the sat nav all that was there was a written description as to how to download map updates and radio station logos. They are already on the radio section of the car so I went to the owners manuals section, put in my car reg number as requested and got in red text " This service is not available at the moment, please try later" ......There was a very helpful section on warning lights and how to check the oil level....yawn!
BxxxxxxxxS