Wiper Blades

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Wiper Blades

Post by mike sel »

Popped into my dealer today and asked if my wipers could be changed. It was not possible today, but the dealer did say they have had a few back with wiper blades juddering. he said one of the staff brought a polo recently and they have had to have their wipers changed under warrantee. so the £39 wiper blade change is the subject of a current warrantee application that must cost a fortune in administration. I don't get it. :roll:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

david.stark wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:05 pm My wipers are absolutely horrific today! Practically bouncing across the screen. Can’t get to the dealer before Friday now so does anyone think there’s any benefit to
using a silicone spray on them?
I hope that you meant that as a joke, is not sorry! Just don't use silicone spray on them of you will increase your problems.
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Post by WillWord »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:58 pm Looking through the internet, and on one site there are two new Polo owners complaining about juddery wipers.

Some people say that the wiper arm should lay flat to the screen, if it's been distorted somehow, then this will cause the blades to judder.
From what I can remember, to change your blades, you have to set the arms in a certain position, if members have tried to sort out their wiper problem and forced the arms to try and get the blades off, because they didn't set the arms in the correct position in the first place, this could have distorted the arms :?:

Just a thought, but any idea, might help :?:

I have the same issue drivers side rubber tucks into itself for the last 2 to 3 inches. VW replaced the blade but this has the same problem, VW also tried to say its normal!!! So I have just tried Bosch AeroTwin A864S and can confirm they are the correct size 650/450 and correct fitment, will try them out today and report back, intial results sitting on the path seems to have fixed it but will see how the day goes.
Last edited by WillWord on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Been out in heavy rain today and the bosh Aerotwin have fixed the judder problem.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe try to find VW’s suggestion box and offer your experiences as a tip??
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

My wipers performed fine today, despite being juddery previously.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

[/quote]

I have the same issue drivers side rubber tucks into itself for the last 2 to 3 inches. VW replaced the blade but this has the same problem, VW also tried to say its normal!!! So I have just tried Bosch AeroTwin A864S and can confirm they are the correct size 650/450 and correct fitment, will try them out today and report back, intial results sitting on the path seems to have fixed it but will see how the day goes.
[/quote]

UPDATE, the A864S blades are working well, issue seems to be fixed, how do we get VW to compensate us have to buy alternative blades? they have already replaced my original blades FOC but then obviously just but a new Crappy original back on, I felt I had no option but to buy decent fit for purpose blades.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

WillWord wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:05 am

[/quote]

UPDATE, the A864S blades are working well, issue seems to be fixed, how do we get VW to compensate us have to buy alternative blades? they have already replaced my original blades FOC but then obviously just but a new Crappy original back on, I felt I had no option but to buy decent fit for purpose blades.
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the "Aero Twin A8645 cost? I'll purchase some even before I get my Polo, they'll be in stock before I start.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 pm
WillWord wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:05 am

[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the "Aero Twin A8645 cost? I'll purchase some even before I get my Polo, they'll be in stock before I start.
[/quote]

Purchased from Amazon £18.94
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Decided to go back to Halfords and told them that they had fitted the incorrect size of wipers (A556S) so they have ordered the A864S and will fit them tomorrow, at my age you need that extra 5cm’s 😁
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Had both sets of wipers changed today, hopefully done the job, threw a bucket of water over the car while the wipers were on and no judder, before it would have been awful, let's see what happens when it rains next :-)
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Mine in for crap wipers Tuesday why do VW not understand how crap they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Not making any excuses for VW, but since you (members with their Polo's) have had your motors, the weather has been extremely hot, could this have caused the blades to judder? But you would have thought the blade manufacturers would have tested their blades out in all extreme's of weather?

The thing is If the Bosch Aerotwin A8645 work, why go back to VW for them to replace them with the same old cr@p blades, just a waste of your own time. Splash out and be happy with your wipers.
My mates 2017 Polo GTI has Bosch blades fitted since he got his motor, and his works fine. I realise we are talking about the 2018 Polo, more than likely, VW found they were saving a few pennies per motor fitting the sub standard blades?
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

They need to realise that are crap you do not expect a car to have crap wipers and it was only low 30s temperature wise hardly extreame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

silverhairs wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:26 pm Not making any excuses for VW, but since you (members with their Polo's) have had your motors, the weather has been extremely hot, could this have caused the blades to judder? But you would have thought the blade manufacturers would have tested their blades out in all extreme's of weather?

The thing is If the Bosch Aerotwin A8645 work, why go back to VW for them to replace them with the same old cr@p blades, just a waste of your own time. Splash out and be happy with your wipers.
My mates 2017 Polo GTI has Bosch blades fitted since he got his motor, and his works fine. I realise we are talking about the 2018 Polo, more than likely, VW found they were saving a few pennies per motor fitting the sub standard blades?
I said to the service department it is probably due to the time the wipers had been sat in the same position since May when the car was built up to now. I called the parts department Monday morning to buy myself a spare set as a backup, he said "You shouldn't be buying wipers for cars 2 weeks old, I'll order them in and speak to service and they will be replaced under warranty", which I agree, they should at least try a new set to see if they made a difference.