New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by MilgeS »

Dan34 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:53 pm Anyone noticed the small white illuminated strip under the dash pads on the dash? Quite subtle but looks good at night! Nice touch by VW.
Yes, they also run along the door panels under the door handles too, you can change the brightness in settings :-)
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Re the blind spot monitoring, what indication do you get of a car in the blind spot? Nothing has happened so far, maybe I am too careful a driver.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

I've spoken to a colleague at work today, although not a GTI, he has had a build week confirmed, so at least we know that progress is being made. He ordered the car in mid February.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I cannot understand the delays. I ordered on February 10 th and we got ours two weeks ago ( a Gti plus)
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:58 pm Re the blind spot monitoring, what indication do you get of a car in the blind spot? Nothing has happened so far, maybe I am too careful a driver.
Fast forward at 32:40 on this review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk7wny6QXN0

Did you spec the Blind Spot Monitoring Barry? I'm on motorways for most of the time so it was a worthwhile option for me. :)
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I thought it was standard on the plus. Not been on a motorway yet.
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 am I thought it was standard on the plus. Not been on a motorway yet.
It's not standard. Blind spot monitoring (with rear traffic alert) is an option on all models..
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Must have missed that one, but have saved £250 ish. I wonder if it can be activated after buying like the voice control?
roywolfey
Silver Member

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am Must have missed that one, but have saved £250 ish. I wonder if it can be activated after buying like the voice control?
I would imagine it would have to be a retrofit, not least because the mirror glass has the blind spot warning symbol and light in it.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I will ask my dealer, still no compo for the WLTP fiasco so maybe they could do it at cost?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

roywolfey wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am
barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am Must have missed that one, but have saved £250 ish. I wonder if it can be activated after buying like the voice control?
I would imagine it would have to be a retrofit, not least because the mirror glass has the blind spot warning symbol and light in it.
Blind spot monitoring also includes rear traffic alert, where the car brakes if it senses you might reverse into moving objects behind it (vehicles or pedestrians). I think the rear traffic alert part of the blind spot motoring option uses additional sensors, mounted on the rear corners of the car, behind the rear bumper. So, if a car doesn’t have the blind spot monitoring option, it’s unlikely to have these additional sensors.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Blind spot monitoring, for VW explanation try this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbWbOpX ... 6WvGBFewhu
PilotRoss91
New
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST - Polo GTI+ On Order

Post by PilotRoss91 »

Has anyone cancelled their order and if so did you get your deposit back? I was chatting to VW yesterday and according the the systems the earliest I will see my GTI plus is February next year but even then they cannot confirm that. To be fair I ordered at the beginning of July however at the point of ordering I was really under the impression it was going to be end of October/November time.

Currently I have no build date so I don't see why I shouldn't get my deposit back but my salesman doesn't know.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

PilotRoss91 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:14 pm Has anyone cancelled their order and if so did you get your deposit back? I was chatting to VW yesterday and according the the systems the earliest I will see my GTI plus is February next year but even then they cannot confirm that. To be fair I ordered at the beginning of July however at the point of ordering I was really under the impression it was going to be end of October/November time.

Currently I have no build date so I don't see why I shouldn't get my deposit back but my salesman doesn't know.
What does it say in the terms and conditions on the order form you should have received from your dealer and you would have signed when you ordered your car? The T’s and C’s on the order form should cover events such as cancellation of orders and what happens to any deposit paid.
loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I am seriously considering cancelling my order now. I ordered my GTi+ at the end of March and not a sniff of a build date. That’s very poor.